Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I was gonna say...That shit's to cheesy to be real
Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #14
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

That was just gay. I would have totally had to think about marrying Erik if he would have pulled something like that. But I supposed if she knew he was into drama stuff, then maybe... but still this is over the top.

Erik made his proposal to me very special, though I knew it was coming. I tease and tell him I had to have my MC license before he could propose though. I had gotten them the day before he asked me to marry him.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #15
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Mine was better. Private, romantic, heartfelt, and completely out of the blue. Screw the whole public down on one knee - I'm not a fan. I would have walked away if Louie had asked me in front of a crowd. ok - I probalby wouldn't have walked away but I wouldn't have been amused in the least.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #16
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Kinda painful to watch. I think it would have been better just the with megaphone and the question....

I liked mine (but who doesn't like their's)... Saturday dog walk in the woods. Cold and snowy. Just the 3 of us. Me, my puppers, and my (now) husband. Totally unexpected and special.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Entertainment
Around Disney
Disneyland gets viral with elaborate fake marriage proposal
Adam Townsend, Staff Writer
Posted:07/10/2009 12:42 PM
More Around Disney >>
<< Prev | Next >>

Disney has posted a pretty impressive wedding proposal video on its DisneyParks YouTube channel:
Click here to view the embedded video.

Though Disney officials say there have probably been thousands of real wedding proposals at Disneyland, this one was acted out by members of Disneyland’s musical and parade performing cast.

“The video was very popular,” said Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown. “We thought a ’spontaneous musical’ would be a fun way to get the message out about celebrating at Disneyland Resort while highlighting our summer offerings. The response has been great. People love it.”

The idea was to get the video — basically an extended commercial for Disneyland — on the Web through the DisneyParks YouTube channel and have it travel virally around the Internet through re-posting on other YouTube users’ channels, social networking sites, e-mail and social link-sharing sites like digg.

So far, it seems to be working: posted last month on the DisneyParks YouTube channel, it’s gotten more than 700,000 views; re-posted on another user’s site, it has well over 100,000 views. The video has more than 2,500 “diggs,” as in the number of times users recommended the video on the digg site.

As of this post, the video views will shoot up even more — we linked to it, so it must be working, right?

The trouble is, all those views and recommendations don’t necessarily translate to people visiting the park.

“You really have to approach viral marketing as an experiment,” said Greg Witt, the creative director for Premise Immersive Marketing. “You can do really cool viral stuff for 5 or 10K. The barriers to entry are low… but this is an emerging medium and it’s moving at light speed. Nobody has a metric on it.”

In other words, you can tell viewers watched your video 700,000 times, and that’s it. It’s not like putting an ad in the newspaper for your restaurant and the day it runs you have 50 extra customers in your restaurant.

“The value of viral marketing is when something really seems authentic and has some entertainment value to it,” Witt said. “When people want to share it and it doesn’t seem so corporate.”

But wait a minute — Disney’s wedding proposal video doesn’t say specifically that it’s staged, though Disney posted it on the company’s own channel. Is that deceitful?

“It’s more stealthy,” Witt said. “That’s OK if there’s a good sarcastic and snarkiness to it. The stuff that is really, really fabricated… It’s the same as making a really bad TV commercial.

“If you can come with an emotional response and wrap your brand around that, young people are big supporters of that and they don’t mind being marketed to like that.”

The proposal video is Disney’s second foray into viral video marketing — the first was posted in January to promote Disney’s “Celebrate!” promotion, the lynchpin of which is a deal that lets guests into the park free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Hope it last. Everybody know that asks someone to marry them and have only been together for less than 5 years never make it.

Also. He's gay.
Well you did see the white belt, right? Plus I think he had a pinky ring...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Kinda painful to watch. I think it would have been better just the with megaphone and the question....

I liked mine (but who doesn't like their's)... Saturday dog walk in the woods. Cold and snowy. Just the 3 of us. Me, my puppers, and my (now) husband. Totally unexpected and special.

Hmmm.... was it just this past Winter?... and had your Dad just visited the night before to "show" your bf his new hunting rifle?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hmmm.... was it just this past Winter?... and had your Dad just visited the night before to "show" your bf his new hunting rifle?
Nope..

It'll be two years this October that we've been married
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote