Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
was92v
Nowhere Man

I walked into an old gas station in a small town somewhere to pay for my gas. About 6 necks were laying about and the man working there said "Whoa! for a minute I thought we had Evil Knievel waking in here" I instantly had "and I thought I was in Mayberry, Goober" in my mouth, but I choked it down since I was out numbered 6 to 1 and on their home turf.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Myself and a couple friends were at a rest stop this weekend, there were a small group of Harleys there too.

My friend has a new CBR-1000rr, which I asked to sit on. I was saying the seat height was lower than I excepted. One of the Harley dudes, said something like "you excepted it to be higher cause you are used to sitting on the high back seat".

I just bit my tongue and said nothing.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I get asked every time I go into a fast food restraunt (AFTER commenting about my helmet) if it's for here or to go... never fails.

What happens if it rains? (I reply with... I get wet)

is that a dirt bike?

or is that thing able to go on pavement? (as it's parked in the parking lot)

why in the hell would you trade in the Honda on THAT?! I just smile and laugh... cause I can
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I get asked every time I go into a fast food restraunt (AFTER commenting about my helmet) if it's for here or to go... never fails.

What happens if it rains? (I reply with... I get wet)

is that a dirt bike?

or is that thing able to go on pavement? (as it's parked in the parking lot)

why in the hell would you trade in the Honda on THAT?! I just smile and laugh... cause I can
lol, I regularly go through the drive through on the bike or get food to go on the bike so you never know...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
How many other people hear the question "Ride your bike today?" when someone sees you walking in, wearing a riding jacket and carrying your helmet?
?

I got that this morning from my office mate. I was too slow to say anything but yes but I walked away thinking: "let's see, I'm wearing a leather jacket, carrying my helmet..." "Here's your sign".
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

While riding through the GA mountains this year. We stopped to get some fuel. While waiting to pay inside the shop, a few of the locals looked over at Kelley and her baby blue GSXR 750. They turned to a few of the guys in our group and askled when they started making bikes in "girl sizes".
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
While riding through the GA mountains this year. We stopped to get some fuel. While waiting to pay inside the shop, a few of the locals looked over at Kelley and her baby blue GSXR 750. They turned to a few of the guys in our group and askled when they started making bikes in "girl sizes".
LOL - I can just picture it all in my head.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

When I got my Hornet after having my ninja 250 for a couple years so many people asked me, "isn't this black one slower than the green one you used to have?" In a why-would-you-buy-a-slower-bike tone.

Or, "how come you bought a cruiser after riding a sportbike?" There was so much fail in that question I just couldn't respond.

I just hate it when people say, "you're gonna ride in this: cold, rain, storm, traffic, etc.?" My response was always, "it's either that or walk home in this cold, rain, storm traffic, etc."
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I've got another gem.

Buying groceries at Walmart at lunch. Cashier holds up a cucumber and asks "What is this?"
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I've got another gem.

Buying groceries at Walmart at lunch. Cashier holds up a cucumber and asks "What is this?"
You should have told her to use her imagination.