Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #21
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Nice list, even the boobies part. I would like to add one for my own list.
I do not have to wonder how much water my pants will hold... a frickin lake!
That's how much.
My crotch went swimming the other day on my ride home from work(15 miles, rain so hard cars were pulling over, interstate was 35 mph, flashers on).
And my gloves aren't waterproof either....($85 for heavy, wet, leather...).

This thread makes me
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #22
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
I do not have to wonder how much water my pants will hold... a frickin lake!
That's how much.
My crotch went swimming the other day on my ride home from work(15 miles, rain so hard cars were pulling over, interstate was 35 mph, flashers on)
riding in the rain excites you that much, huh?

Kinky.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 AM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Sucks that your waterproof gear isn't "waterproof". Who knew there were varying degrees of waterproofness. LOL

With my Aerostich and gore-tex boots and gloves, I've done 8 hours in downpours that made cars pull over, and came out dry as a bone at the end of the day.

Riding in the rain doesn't suck when you are prepared. I enjoy it actually.

I want the Aerostitch boots and to find some gortex gloves. my jacket I'm gonna fix, but I've used it (before I fucked up the waterproofing) in storms that dropped 6" of rain in 30 mins... and came out dry with the exception of a little rain going down the collar. (wished i had some sort of drawstring.

but I LOVE riding in bad weather... it's the adventure.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #24
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

First mistake that most people make, when using "waterproof" gloves and a textile suit, is to wear the glove cuffs on the OUTSIDE of the coat sleeves. Since many all weather gloves are lined, this means that your jacket wicks the water right into the gloves' liners and soaks the inside.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
First mistake that most people make, when using "waterproof" gloves and a textile suit, is to wear the glove cuffs on the OUTSIDE of the coat sleeves. Since many all weather gloves are lined, this means that your jacket wicks the water right into the gloves' liners and soaks the inside.
learned that last year. I got a cheap pair of fieldsheer water proof gloves. Rode to work in the rain and seemed ok. Untill it turned into a raging monsoon and that happened to me. Gloves were crap anyway, wore em a few times and the seam over the left knuckles split open. I got a pair of the thick rubber gloves to throw over my gloves just in case, but wont work on my a*s since the 4th and 5th fingers are fused together.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #26
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
learned that last year. I got a cheap pair of fieldsheer water proof gloves. Rode to work in the rain and seemed ok. Untill it turned into a raging monsoon and that happened to me. Gloves were crap anyway, wore em a few times and the seam over the left knuckles split open. I got a pair of the thick rubber gloves to throw over my gloves just in case, but wont work on my a*s since the 4th and 5th fingers are fused together.
A* has a few different models of Goretex gloves, that look pretty good. They seem to have all the features of their upscale gloves, just without the venting of the tied fingers. I'll likely be giving one of the models a try.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
A* has a few different models of Goretex gloves, that look pretty good. They seem to have all the features of their upscale gloves, just without the venting of the tied fingers. I'll likely be giving one of the models a try.
I have a pair of A* WR-V gloves that are gore tex. I wasn't fond of them due to the thickness. for me I want more dexterity. and especially with both hippo hands and heated grips, I don't need this thick of glove.

I'm gonna use them one last time in dec on my trip up to Fargo... if they don't break in (I don't think it's a matter of breaking in) they'll be up for sale.

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #28
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I have a pair of A* WR-V gloves that are gore tex. I wasn't fond of them due to the thickness. for me I want more dexterity. and especially with both hippo hands and heated grips, I don't need this thick of glove.

I'm gonna use them one last time in dec on my trip up to Fargo... if they don't break in (I don't think it's a matter of breaking in) they'll be up for sale.

Thanks. I've been looking at their various leather and Goretex gloves, precisely because they don't seem to have the thickness of their textile gloves. I don't tend to have to worry about the cold too much, because I don't really feel it until it becomes extreme. I guess it comes from a heredity that involves lots of hairy men standing around in plaid skirts, in high winds, during winter.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #29
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Thanks. I've been looking at their various leather and Goretex gloves, precisely because they don't seem to have the thickness of their textile gloves. I don't tend to have to worry about the cold too much, because I don't really feel it until it becomes extreme. I guess it comes from a heredity that involves lots of hairy men standing around in plaid skirts, in high winds, during winter.
I'm already frozen up here and barely riding.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #30
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I'm already frozen up here and barely riding.
Cold isn't a problem. Rain isn't a problem. Cold rain is a problem. It's called hypothermia.

The only reason that I didn't ride into work yesterday (I did today), was because all of my gloves are vented. That's fine for me, down to 5 degrees Celsius on a VFR800, but not so much on a naked ER6n. Of course today I'm cursing Environment Canada for saying that I should be OK until about 6:00pm, when now my bike is swimming in its parking spot.