Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Seriously? I mean, looting the TV is one thing. Taking their pipes is a whole new level of asshole.
copper has always been a big thing to loot, they do it all the time from new and abandoned homes. Morons try to steal our copper grounding straps and wires connected to live equipment. Some of them have been lucky enough to live, some of them have provided some interesting pictures of how limbs and genetals explode off the body when exposed to high voltage.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

There is this scrub who rents out a warehouse to store huge quantities of pennies, because he's hoping the govt decides to stop making them so that it becomes legal to sell them for scrap.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
There is this scrub who rents out a warehouse to store huge quantities of pennies, because he's hoping the govt decides to stop making them so that it becomes legal to sell them for scrap.
Hopefully they're sorted by date... they've been something like 95% zinc for 30 or so years...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #24
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
copper has always been a big thing to loot, they do it all the time from new and abandoned homes. Morons try to steal our copper grounding straps and wires connected to live equipment. Some of them have been lucky enough to live, some of them have provided some interesting pictures of how limbs and genetals explode off the body when exposed to high voltage.
When I was in contracting, I had my foremen paint all the copper piping going in that day on a big job (usually a big high school) black to resemble black steel piping because the GC was too cheap to pay for security and the hood ratts that lived where the school was being built would break into the building every night and steel the copper installed that day. Builders risk only pays after $10k of damage has been done so it's up to the subcontractor to insure his own stuff up to that amount. Sucks because it'd be $5k-$8k nightly.

OH...and several of our recent jobs have been designing new condensing units for warehouses who's units were stolen while running at night.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

One time last summer I went to jiu jitsu and it was like 200 degrees in there... turns out, the night before someone stole the AC units out of most of the places in that plaza. The plaza was set for demo within 3-4 months... the owner replaced everyone's AC unit. No doubt he probably pocketed a few bucks in the deal... and maybe was responsible for the theft to begin with.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #26
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
No, I know that. I had a condenser stolen off a house I was rehabbing. It just seems so much more low to loot pipes from someone's destroyed home. It's sad.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Well I've got a couple of small streams running across my basement floor, but not much really. Just small foundation cracks. Toronto, on the other hand, has two major highways that are under water, commuter trains that have their lower floors half full of water, and rivers running in the streets. Buses and subways are apparently shut down.

Mississauga, the city immediately west of Toronto, has 3/4 of its residents without power. I've got friends whose basements and lower floors are under water. What's worse is that it's not going to stop raining all night.

http://www.cp24.com/heavy-rain-cause...haos-1.1358702

http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=706871

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #28
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Well I've got a couple of small streams running across my basement floor, but not much really. Just small foundation cracks. Toronto, on the other hand, has two major highways that are under water, commuter trains that have their lower floors half full of water, and rivers running in the streets. Buses and subways are apparently shut down.

Mississauga, the city immediately west of Toronto, has 3/4 of its residents without power. I've got friends whose basements and lower floors are under water. What's worse is that it's not going to stop raining all night.

http://www.cp24.com/heavy-rain-cause...haos-1.1358702

http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=706871
Freaking crazy

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #29
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I'm just lucky that Brampton has flood control channels and higher elevation.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post

Crap, I just got a Kawi triple oil pump to helicoil for a guy from Mississauga. Hope he's OK
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote