Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

You're welcome.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #22
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV
Default Update

10/6/2008
Hey everyone, My dad called. The doctor just came in and spoke with him and my uncle earlier. They found another lump of cancer in her lungs. This one is behind her heart so they won't operate. They give her less than 6 months to live.
I feel like someone has just completely punched me in the stomach. I had all these dreams that my Grandma would be there to watch me walk down the aisle. That she would see me in my dress and get to dance with Cutty. Now none of that will happen. Nor will she be there to see any children I may have. This freakin sucks.......
Ok, done venting...
Going back to trying to focus on doing homework
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #23
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
10/6/2008
Hey everyone, My dad called. The doctor just came in and spoke with him and my uncle earlier. They found another lump of cancer in her lungs. This one is behind her heart so they won't operate. They give her less than 6 months to live.
I feel like someone has just completely punched me in the stomach. I had all these dreams that my Grandma would be there to watch me walk down the aisle. That she would see me in my dress and get to dance with Cutty. Now none of that will happen. Nor will she be there to see any children I may have. This freakin sucks.......
Ok, done venting...
Going back to trying to focus on doing homework
I am so very sorry to hear this.

I know what your going thru. I have delt plenty with death of loved ones and some very recently. She will be there to see you, You may not see her but you know she will be with you in your heart!

Death is always Hard for me to deal with because it is so final. No options, no time to soak it in, nothing. I feel so much for you.

Time and the strength of your family/loved ones will bring you thru this.

Please spend as much time as you can with her and ask her the things you always wanted to ask.
I wish I would have spent one more day with my grandfather... Document it or journal it and save your thoughts for your kids. Some day it will be priceless memories.

My thoughts are with you!

Last edited by Gunther1000; 10-07-2008 at 08:03 PM..
Gunther1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Damn... all I can say is focus on the time you've had with her and what time you've got left.

Truth be told... the time is always to short. even if you were told she'd live for 20 years... you'd still feel the same when the time came to say goodbye.

Do your grandma a favor and don't mourn her dying until after she's gone... give her your attention and enjoy the time your spending with her now... mourn her when she's gone.

My Grandmother passed when I was in highschool... and I remember they gave her less than 3 weeks to live... at the 3 month mark she litterally screamed at our whole family that she wasn't dead yet... and to not treat her as she may go any moment... she may verywell pass at any moment... but not to mourn her until that happens... till then... "stop mope'n around like someone kicked your puppy and just enjoy the time we have left" my grandma always had a way with words... in the end... my grandma lived for 6 years... the doctors couldn't explain it other than to say it was just her will to live... I think it was she was just to stubborn to not go on her terms.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #25
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post

My Grandmother passed when I was in highschool... and I remember they gave her less than 3 weeks to live... at the 3 month mark she litterally screamed at our whole family that she wasn't dead yet... and to not treat her as she may go any moment... she may verywell pass at any moment... but not to mourn her until that happens... till then... "stop mope'n around like someone kicked your puppy and just enjoy the time we have left" my grandma always had a way with words... in the end... my grandma lived for 6 years... the doctors couldn't explain it other than to say it was just her will to live... I think it was she was just to stubborn to not go on her terms.
I can only hope that happens. It would mean more than anything in the world to have both my grandma and grandpa there to see me walk down that aisle...... My gram has already been kicking grandpa out at night so he gets rest. And has been diffucult to feed cause she wants grandpa to have food too. It's just sucks that I am working 3 jobs and finally graduating in December, which she has wanted to all long time. So I hope that she will be here to see that.
I just want to kick and scream to act like a complete 2 year old not getting her way....
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

well things may work out and she may hang on... but don't hope so much that you take forgranted the time you have left. as I said before... no matter how long she lives... it'll be to soon when time comes to say goodbye.

the blessing is, knowing your time is short and that you can clear any matters you've always thought you had time for... and to ask those questions that seems to insignificant or too hard to ask.

Nothing really is gonna make this easy... but you have friends and family with you... lean on them... and support them.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #27
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Sorry to hear this. I agree with Ebbs-cherish your moments with your loved ones. To treat them differently reminds them of whats ahead.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #28
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

my best wishes to you and yours in this difficult time sweetie. The guys are all right, enjoy the time you have and make sure you ask what you always wanted to know and let her know how very much you love her.

We're here for you if you need us. *hug*
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Very sorry to hear this comon, but like they said, enjoy youre time and always remember the time youve spent with her. I was close to my grandfather and he ended up passing away one night at the hospital after "not feeling well." No one saw it coming at all. I do wish that I couldve seen him at least one last time, but Ive always got the memories and Im convinced hes been one of the ones looking out for me for a while now.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #30
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Hmmm. This touches me very personally. Having to watch one of your loved ones suffer and die will rip you apart. But keep in mind whats best for them and how they feel about you. Nothing any of us can say will help you deal with this, but here is my advise.

Soak up every minute, don't let them see what turmoil your going thru, let them know how you feel about them and above all celebrate your relationship and their life while they are here. Keep their best interest at heart and that will help you get over the selfish part of your desire to keep them forever. For we all pass in time. Don't mourn your loss until you have a loss, then keep in mind how they would want you to feel. My grandfather would never want me to be sad for any reason...Just typing this makes me tear up, its been 7 years now. Many prayers!
Chris

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote