Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Have your blu-ray discs been cracked out?
Yep 1 3.13%
Nope 3 9.38%
No blu-ray/no Netflix but I want to vote! 12 37.50%
I only use blu-ray discs to shove in Tater's Ex-wife whore's crack. 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #21
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Once the price of the media drops, I'm buying a Blue-Ray RW for my PC... saw one advertised for $99 on Black Friday... I just want a more significant means to backup my pr0n collection... 50 Blue-Rays sounds a hell of a lot better than 100 DVD's...
at least someone here is thinking and getting good use out of technology..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #22
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
But if you're going to describe some succubus whore and truly capture the spirit of the woman, wouldn't a little creative hyperbole be welcome? Sure, she's a whore, and maybe a filthy whore, depending on her bathing habits and vaginal cleanliness, but does that really encompass this woman who I've never met but am jumping on the bashing bandwagon in the spirit of the rules?
You do have a certain logic to your story here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
That's really just ridiculous. I'm sorry Tater's wife is a whore - for whatever reason, but making that a rule...I hope you are kidding.

Also, that may have been easier to see if there weren't so many others.

The rule is true, tested, and certifiable!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Back on topic for a change,I had problems with Netfliks period and quit them some time ago. I now use Blockbuster,I pay $20 a month,they send movies to my door,I can bring them to the store and get free rentals or just drop them off. I find that I get a lot more movies this way as I don't have to wait for USPS to return my old movies before I get new ones sent. In fact,even when I turn in my old movies to get my free rentals in the store,it triggers the system to send my next movies in line. I had 4 or 5 movies at my house at one time.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #24
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Back on topic for a change,I had problems with Netfliks period and quit them some time ago. I now use Blockbuster,I pay $20 a month,they send movies to my door,I can bring them to the store and get free rentals or just drop them off. I find that I get a lot more movies this way as I don't have to wait for USPS to return my old movies before I get new ones sent. In fact,even when I turn in my old movies to get my free rentals in the store,it triggers the system to send my next movies in line. I had 4 or 5 movies at my house at one time.
yes i do the same thing and it works great..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #25
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Yeah I used blockbuster... worked great. Now I just don't have the time to watch movies...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #26
zlicius
Kneedragger

Moto: Gladius

lately we've been getting nothing but scratched up dvds from netflix.... need to get the xbox set up so that we don't have to deal w/ that.
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #27
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
lately we've been getting nothing but scratched up dvds from netflix.... need to get the xbox set up so that we don't have to deal w/ that.
The Netflix setup on the Xbox is nice, but in no way is it a replacement for the discs getting mailed to you. In addition to the already limited selection of the instant queue, that selection is further cut back by certain companies not allowing their movies to be streamed to the Xbox/Netflix setup, so right now it's more of a novelty than a functional tool for movie watching.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #28
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Can i begin with saying that I hate hate hate Blu-Ray with a passion! I always have and I always will. This is the same shit that was going on when this technology was released... (hairline fractures and even smudging rendering the disks useless). They said they've improved disk durability, and i almost believed them.. until i saw this. I still cant understand how HD DVD lost to this crap....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:19 AM   #29
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Can i begin with saying that I hate hate hate Blu-Ray with a passion! I always have and I always will. This is the same shit that was going on when this technology was released... (hairline fractures and even smudging rendering the disks useless). They said they've improved disk durability, and i almost believed them.. until i saw this. I still cant understand how HD DVD lost to this crap....
I'd like to know how they hold up under normal conditions. Judging the viability of Blu-Ray based on how it gets butchered passing through multiple hands and multiple processing facilities through Netflix isn't a realistic judging of how the media holds up under normal wear and tear usage.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 AM   #30
NEW469
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
5 out of the first 6 blu-ray discs I got from Netflix have a small crack in them - see this page for perfect example.

Just wondering how many of you have been having the same problem.

Pretty fuggin' annoying.
I'm with Bbuster online & so far no problems with the blue ray DVDs I've received. Some of the regular DVDs I've received were completely split in half.
NEW469 is offline   Reply With Quote