Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #21
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Is he going to play Master Roshi as a muff chasing poon hound? I doubt it. Just won't be the same.
I could see it...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #22
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I could see it...
I dunno how well that would carry over to the movie. I'm curious if they're going to use any kind of story from Dragonball, or just kinda chuck it all in the trash and make some generic storyline to introduce the characters and hope the movie pulls in enough cash to franchise it out. Just looking at the cast list and they've got some interesting choices. They've got Yamcha, Bulma, and Chi Chi, but where the fuck is Krillin?

I don't think it'll hurt the movies too much by cutting out a lot of the Dragonball series, but there is some character development that takes place in the film that shows what kind of person Goku is that kind of becomes the base of what he becomes in Z and GT, and plays directly of Vegeta and his motivations throughout Z and GT.

There's potential for something, and with the right guy at the helm, there's a good chance the movie could be mindless fun and spin off into the Z sagas. But their release of the movie in early April tells me they're not banking too much on it, and the absence of a few people kinda has me thinking it's going to be a hack job that gets them through with some shakey camera fighting and a lame ass CGI dragon. The least they could do is throw in some Yajirobi action.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #23
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Here's the cast listing: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I dunno how well that would carry over to the movie. I'm curious if they're going to use any kind of story from Dragonball, or just kinda chuck it all in the trash and make some generic storyline to introduce the characters and hope the movie pulls in enough cash to franchise it out. Just looking at the cast list and they've got some interesting choices. They've got Yamcha, Bulma, and Chi Chi, but where the fuck is Krillin?

I don't think it'll hurt the movies too much by cutting out a lot of the Dragonball series, but there is some character development that takes place in the film that shows what kind of person Goku is that kind of becomes the base of what he becomes in Z and GT, and plays directly of Vegeta and his motivations throughout Z and GT.

There's potential for something, and with the right guy at the helm, there's a good chance the movie could be mindless fun and spin off into the Z sagas. But their release of the movie in early April tells me they're not banking too much on it, and the absence of a few people kinda has me thinking it's going to be a hack job that gets them through with some shakey camera fighting and a lame ass CGI dragon. The least they could do is throw in some Yajirobi action.
Yeah, where the fuck is Krillin? He should totally be in there...

I think they could have jumped straight to the Saiyan Saga with a 10 minute story about Goku's youth, the Dragonballs, and lose most of the DB characters. KISS method it out, make it fun and very, very pretty.

April release date? I'm not worried about it... I mean, Fast and Furious is coming out and a sequel to Crank starring non-other than Jason Statham to died in grand fashion in the first one... Looks like April is going to be a great month for cinematic history!

I think the CGI looks ok... a little cartoony, but fuck it... it WAS a cartoon. At least it looks like a lot of slow-mo stuff that I'd expect... and the gathering of power for attacks looked decent...
Old 12-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Some of the trivia looks promising...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/trivia

At least one of the actors and a producer are supposed fans of the series...
Old 12-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #26
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yeah, where the fuck is Krillin? He should totally be in there...

I think they could have jumped straight to the Saiyan Saga with a 10 minute story about Goku's youth, the Dragonballs, and lose most of the DB characters. KISS method it out, make it fun and very, very pretty.

April release date? I'm not worried about it... I mean, Fast and Furious is coming out and a sequel to Crank starring non-other than Jason Statham to died in grand fashion in the first one... Looks like April is going to be a great month for cinematic history!

I think the CGI looks ok... a little cartoony, but fuck it... it WAS a cartoon. At least it looks like a lot of slow-mo stuff that I'd expect... and the gathering of power for attacks looked decent...
As long as the sequel isn't 2 hours of talking and powering up and drawn out stare downs for the next movie's fight, we'll be ok.

Jumping into the Saiyan saga has me kind of mixed. How do you do Frieza and the entire planet of Namek without it looking kind of corny as hell? Shit, the whole of that thing is getting Goku up to Super Saiyan power levels, but prior to that you'd need him to die from the whole Raditz thing and then all the training under King Kai. Then the whole deal with the Ginyu Force to show how much of a bad ass Goku's become from his training with King Kai, and then the Piccolo subplot with Dende and Nails. Fuck, there's so much to balance out just to get to Krillin getting fucking owned by Frieza to make Goku reach Super Saiyan. And it's all well and good in the cartoon, but how do you do that shit in real life without people scratching their heads and walking the fuck out of the theater?

This is one of the few times I'll say this, but I kind of hope they ditch a lot of the crazy shit and just keep the core stuff that's important. If they cut out the Ginyu Force, most of the Namek shit, and managed to show Vegeta as a bad ass who eventually becomes a begrudging ally, all while Goku goes Super Saiyan, all while not having the movie turn into a festering ball of complete suck, I'll be happy. And god help them try and get the whole Cell saga into a cohesive movie, or, god forbid, Buu.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #27
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
As long as the sequel isn't 2 hours of talking and powering up and drawn out stare downs for the next movie's fight, we'll be ok.

Jumping into the Saiyan saga has me kind of mixed. How do you do Frieza and the entire planet of Namek without it looking kind of corny as hell? Shit, the whole of that thing is getting Goku up to Super Saiyan power levels, but prior to that you'd need him to die from the whole Raditz thing and then all the training under King Kai. Then the whole deal with the Ginyu Force to show how much of a bad ass Goku's become from his training with King Kai, and then the Piccolo subplot with Dende and Nails. Fuck, there's so much to balance out just to get to Krillin getting fucking owned by Frieza to make Goku reach Super Saiyan. And it's all well and good in the cartoon, but how do you do that shit in real life without people scratching their heads and walking the fuck out of the theater?

This is one of the few times I'll say this, but I kind of hope they ditch a lot of the crazy shit and just keep the core stuff that's important. If they cut out the Ginyu Force, most of the Namek shit, and managed to show Vegeta as a bad ass who eventually becomes a begrudging ally, all while Goku goes Super Saiyan, all while not having the movie turn into a festering ball of complete suck, I'll be happy. And god help them try and get the whole Cell saga into a cohesive movie, or, god forbid, Buu.
Agreed.

Now that they have a base...

They could lump the Saiyan Saga in with the Freiza Saga in the 2nd one. Radditz and Vegeta land under orders from Freiza... Radditz is beaten within the first hour... Vegeta steps in and kills Goku... Dragonballs bring Goku back and more powerful... He beats the shit out of Vegeta for 10 minutes, Freiza, who's simply been a name and a voice at this point, shows himself... He kills Vegeta, beats Goku to oblivion, kills the Z fighters, Goku eats a senzu, and flips the fuck out into Super Saiyan, kills Freiza, and the movie ends 1 year later when the Dragonballs are used to restore all the Freiza destroyed... a voice is heard... "You fools, you've awakened the one true Saiyan Prince" and Vegeta shows up as a Super Saiyan.

Next...

Cell Saga starts off with SS Vegeta and SS Goku fighting, Trunks mysteriously appears as a more powerful SS, breaking up the fight and warning of the android Cell. Cut out all the Android Saga BS and go straight to Cell sucking the life out of people to gain power... Maybe introduce the androids as knowning parts of Cells growth. How quickly could they get to the Cell Games if the androids were sent from the future LOOKING for Cell... All within the first hour. Cell Games for 10 minutes just for fun, then 30 minutes of Cell killing the Z fighters, then another 20 of Gohan flaming a nut and going straight from non-SS to SSx2, kicking Cell's ass, and putting an end to the whole movie franchise. Everything after Cell is goofy.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #28
Corey
AMA Supersport

Hmmm, interesting, though I think the Raditz thing from the cartoon works. Have Goku hold Raditz and Piccolo blow a hole through them both. Raditz laughs and tells them that the stronger people are coming and Frieza will kill them all. Vegeta comes as a makeshift herald of Freiza and roughs up the Z warriors. Frieza betrays Vegeta leading Vegeta to switch sides. Vegeta and the Z warriors find the dragon balls and bring Goku back while Frieza's fucking shit up. Fight fight fight fight, Krillin dies, Super Saiyan Goku, dead Frieza. End of movie is Trunks showing up with a warning that they haven't seen anything yet. Cell is coming. Dramatic closeup on the Z warriors standing together ready to fight. Fade to black. To be continued. Mr. Satan FTW.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Hmmm, interesting, though I think the Raditz thing from the cartoon works. Have Goku hold Raditz and Piccolo blow a hole through them both. Raditz laughs and tells them that the stronger people are coming and Frieza will kill them all. Vegeta comes as a makeshift herald of Freiza and roughs up the Z warriors. Frieza betrays Vegeta leading Vegeta to switch sides. Vegeta and the Z warriors find the dragon balls and bring Goku back while Frieza's fucking shit up. Fight fight fight fight, Krillin dies, Super Saiyan Goku, dead Frieza. End of movie is Trunks showing up with a warning that they haven't seen anything yet. Cell is coming. Dramatic closeup on the Z warriors standing together ready to fight. Fade to black. To be continued. Mr. Satan FTW.
Well... yours most certainly doesn't assrape Toriyama's original storyline like mine does.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #30
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Well... yours most certainly doesn't assrape Toriyama's original storyline like mine does.
That's where the next one comes in. I'm seeing a big fucking orgy, with Chi Chi, Bulma, and Android 18 getting their asses pounded by the Z warriors. Then Bukkake, and bam, Cell is born on Bulma's face.