Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-14-2009, 01:00 AM   #21
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angee View Post
I'm back (yeah, country ERs are quick). He said it could be a combination of things...mild reaction from what I ate yesterday, then reaction today from something that normally wouldn't bother me while my system was down, or couple any of the above with stress. He's not really sure what could have started the reaction, but the Benadryl seems to be taking some of the splotchiness down. I'm still red, but not nearly as bad as when this first happened. I didn't itch or anything, and that's something I DO normally do when stressed. He mentioned Niacin, but I haven't come into contact with anything I don't touch/consume on a regular basis. I guess the concensus is, noone knows why, but it manifests like an allergic reaction so we'll treat it like one. Ahh hell, I'm due for a complete physical anyway. Thanks for all your answers and especially for the concern. I just didn't want to go running off like some hypochonriac (sp?) to the ER and feel totally stupid afterwards...I like to save the ER for those who really need it. Thanks again y'all.
Good to hear your still alive.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #22
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Thanks...while you guys were posting earlier, I grabbed a quick bath and headed to ER. Took longer than normal to get there, as it's 20 miles from here and it was snowing and the wind was gusting from the cold front blowing in...I figured stephanie would update y'all since she called while I was running said bath... I just LUUUUUUUV you, Rogue!

Ok, I'm going to bed now...gotta be at work at 9am...uggghhh!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #23
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Thanks...while you guys were posting earlier, I grabbed a quick bath and headed to ER. Took longer than normal to get there, as it's 20 miles from here and it was snowing and the wind was gusting from the cold front blowing in...I figured stephanie would update y'all since she called while I was running said bath... I just LUUUUUUUV you, Rogue!

Ok, I'm going to bed now...gotta be at work at 9am...uggghhh!!!
I LUUUUUV you too, Angee! Same as a couple of others who called/texed me with "you have Angee's number, right? Call her & tell her to get her ass to the ER NOW!" I was on the phone with one & got a text from another. We all care or we wouldn't be telling you to go. I think your BP caused the most concern with us. I'm just glad to hear it wasn't something more serious.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #24
tommymac
Moto GP Star

This is what I miss by going to bed early. Glad its all ok. Some enterotoxins can casue some weird effects too. Scromboid gives you neurologic effect as well as the vomiting and diarrhea. I see tons of allergic reactions and so far weve only had to tube 2 to protect the airway. A lillte benadryl, pepcid and prednisone and babysit them for a few hrs.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #25
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Glad you're alright Angee - it's one of those things, I don't usually run off to the ER at a whim either. But, when it enters your head as a question.... GO.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #26
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Glad you got it checked out Angee and glad it's not any worse than it is

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #27
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

I missed this too...

Glad it worked out Angee! Take care of you!

When in doubt...ask questions...
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

If this happens again, start keeping a food diary to see if you can pin point what triggers it. I had to do that for a long time to figure out what I could and could not eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #29
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Already done. What's odd is I didn't touch anything out of the ordinary... the doc said it could be something that normally wouldn't be an issue when my body is working right. It may or may not be related to how sick I was Monday, or it could even be stress related. There's no way to tell. What had me a little concerned is that my sister has high blood pressure AT NIGHT. Her bp is fine most of the time during the day and spikes while she is asleep. High BP runs in the family, so I figure this is my warning to watch it. I feel o.k. today aside from being tired from staying up so late. I have a brand new box of Benadryl with me at work and will keep some at home as well as in my purse. Not knowing what set it off is what concerns me most. I've never been allergic to ANYTHING including poison ivy or oak. Friggin wierd...

Oh well...I'll just pay the copay and mark it down as "here's your sign" to watch my diet and pay closer attention to my health. You guys are awesome! Thanks again for all the concern...didn't mean to give anyone a coronary...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.

Last edited by Angee; 01-14-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #30
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Already done. What's odd is I didn't touch anything out of the ordinary... the doc said it could be something that normally wouldn't be an issue when my body is working right. It may or may not be related to how sick I was Monday, or it could even be stress related. There's no way to tell. What had me a little concerned is that my sister has high blood pressure AT NIGHT. Her bp is fine most of the time during the day and spikes while she is asleep. High BP runs in the family, so I figure this is my warning to watch it. I feel o.k. today aside from being tired from staying up so late. I have a brand new box of Benadryl with me at work and will keep some at home as well as in my purse. Not knowing what set it off is what concerns me most. I've never been allergic to ANYTHING including poison ivy or oak. Friggin wierd...

Oh well...I'll just pay the copay and mark it down as "here's your sign" to watch my diet and pay closer attention to my health. You guys are awesome! Thanks again for all the concern...didn't mean to give anyone a coronary...
they send ya home on prednisone too?

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote