Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
Spending 4 years in the Ozarks has me a little seasoned for a trip to the Gap. I've learned that on every curve there is someone that wants your lane and know how to ride to avoid them.

No road is anyone's personal track, and those that treat the Dragon as such will find that out. Killboy makes a living off of it, and if everyone took your advice, he'd have to go back to being a squid.
What are you talking about? My advice is if you can't handle the dangers of the road, you don't need to be on it. That's pretty damn good advice, it's the same advice I would give someone who wants to ride a motorcycle. If you really aren't ready to accept death from this hobby, you don't need to be on a bike period. Everyone treats this place as a place to test your skills and you won't change that in this lifetime. Even the harley guys can be seen cutting corners and blowing corners. If you go up there, you go up there by your own decision knowing this practice is going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Person in front probably had no clue what happend until he checked his pics.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
What are you talking about? My advice is if you can't handle the dangers of the road, you don't need to be on it. That's pretty damn good advice, it's the same advice I would give someone who wants to ride a motorcycle. If you really aren't ready to accept death from this hobby, you don't need to be on a bike period. Everyone treats this place as a place to test your skills and you won't change that in this lifetime. Even the harley guys can be seen cutting corners and blowing corners. If you go up there, you go up there by your own decision knowing this practice is going on.
You knew I was being facetious didn't you?...you old dog! Yea I agree with this but putting a "rough" pass on me and not being one of my buds just fucking with me might have me looking for you at the end. Anyway,I'm sure it'll be fine at the rally,all us slow pokes will hang to the back and off to the right and hope that no one slams into us on their way to the tree of shame. Man,last time I went with a group 5 out 10 crashed the first day!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You knew I was being facetious didn't you?...you old dog! Yea I agree with this but putting a "rough" pass on me and not being one of my buds just fucking with me might have me looking for you at the end. Anyway,I'm sure it'll be fine at the rally,all us slow pokes will hang to the back and off to the right and hope that no one slams into us on their way to the tree of shame. Man,last time I went with a group 5 out 10 crashed the first day!
The best etiquette is to wave people on when the come up on you. No shame in letting someone by, rough passes usually come when you don't give a wave by. If someone gives you a rough pass without giving you time to do a wave by, then they are douches.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
The best etiquette is to wave people on when the come up on you. No shame in letting someone by, rough passes usually come when you don't give a wave by. If someone gives you a rough pass without giving you time to do a wave by, then they are douches.
Truth! I was gonna use the "two thumbs up" smilie but SOMEONE replaced it with the stupid submarine "thingie" and I'm too lazy to look it up...
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Truth! I was gonna use the "two thumbs up" smilie but SOMEONE replaced it with the stupid submarine "thingie" and I'm too lazy to look it up...
drewpy is to blame
Quote:
Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
drewpy is to blame
Well isn't he always at blame?!?! Bastard!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #28
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

I know the dangers of the road, thank you. I didn't post in order to start a pissing match, or to be told by someone that my skills aren't up to par with the local riders.

Unlike most, I know what my skills are, stay where I belong, and let others pass, even though they're using the road as a race track.

I've had my wreck, thanks to Bambi, and I live everyday with a fucked up shoulder and ribs out of place due to my love of riding. But I get on the bike, enjoy my time, and don't need to be told by someone who has never met me when, or where I should ride.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #29
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Looks like his foot is FUBAR. Wear your gear, people!
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #30
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

if I see you trying to "rough" pass me I'll put you in the ditch if at all possible. like Tig said, you better be someone "I" trust. on the track is completely different.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote