Old 04-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #21
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Don't you work in the AirForce? Hard? lol

jk jk

Seriously you need to own a 2005 or higher GM/Ford or Chysler. They are very well built today vs. the 1980s and 1990s.
When and where did you serve? What's that- you didn't? Shut the fuck up, then. Thanks.

Last edited by Mikey; 04-24-2009 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: typo
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #22
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

wait so the guys who are most in trouble are admitting to giving their money away and now want us to support their business model?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
When and where did you serve? What's that- you didn't? Shut the fuck up, then. Thanks.
Did you see the JUST KIDDING DUMBSHIT or do I need to hand deliver?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
In the last few years I've seen more problems/issues with new Honda's and Toyotas than Ford/GM vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
I agree, American car companies have come a long ways since the 80's which basically killed any rep they had.
Quote:
Don't you work in the AirForce? Hard? lol

jk jk

Seriously you need to own a 2005 or higher GM/Ford or Chysler. They are very well built today vs. the 1980s and 1990s.
the only issues I've seen with Toyota's and Honda's were on NEW models... granted that shouldn't be an excuse... but the Domestic market has had trouble with models that have been around many years... ie the ford explorer.

I will conceed that Toyota doesn't over engeneer their vehicles like they used to... (my 87 had 1 ton rated axles and a fully boxed frame) but having test driven quite a few domestics when my motor blew before moving down here... I still say Toyota and Honda may be loosing ground... but they're still leaps and bounds ahead in quality. Reliability that's still track record... and as far as I've seen... the Domestics still trail

Quote:
Calm down Mikey... dude was kidding... funny thing is... now I DO bust my ass... it's why I don't post much anymore 7-7's will do that.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #25
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Quote:
Did you see the JUST KIDDING DUMBSHIT or do I need to hand deliver?
Typing "jk" twice does not void your douchebaggery. Unless you've served, you have absolutely zero room to criticize those who have, even in a joking fashion. You, sir, are a waste of flesh who is not worthy of brushing the dust off of my combat boots.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #26
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
Calm down Mikey... dude was kidding... funny thing is... now I DO bust my ass... it's why I don't post much anymore 7-7's will do that.
I know he was kidding, but I'm really getting tired of civilians making cracks about something they don't understand. Combine that with the fact that this particular guy is a bit of a prick anyway, and it's not hard to hit a nerve.

Of course, maybe I'm just strung out because I'm TDY to an AETC base.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
I know he was kidding, but I'm really getting tired of civilians making cracks about something they don't understand. Combine that with the fact that this particular guy is a bit of a prick anyway, and it's not hard to hit a nerve.

Of course, maybe I'm just strung out because I'm TDY to an AETC base.
well I'm STATIONED at an AETC base... for the next 4 years... JOY...

actually I love my job (at the moment ) keeps me busy... and days go by fast...
Old 04-24-2009, 07:38 AM   #28
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Quote:
well I'm STATIONED at an AETC base... for the next 4 years... JOY...

actually I love my job (at the moment ) keeps me busy... and days go by fast...
I don't know how you do it, man. People are crazy around here, and for all the wrong reasons. I don't know how I'm gonna do another two months out here.

I guess I'm spoiled by being in a job where I'm normally shielded from all the crap so that I can keep my head to the equipment and accomplish the mission. Out here, the crap I've been hiding from is the mission.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #29
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
the only issues I've seen with Toyota's and Honda's were on NEW models... granted that shouldn't be an excuse... but the Domestic market has had trouble with models that have been around many years... ie the ford explorer.

I will conceed that Toyota doesn't over engeneer their vehicles like they used to... (my 87 had 1 ton rated axles and a fully boxed frame) but having test driven quite a few domestics when my motor blew before moving down here... I still say Toyota and Honda may be loosing ground... but they're still leaps and bounds ahead in quality. Reliability that's still track record... and as far as I've seen... the Domestics still trail
Summer of 08 Honda had a recall on the Accord (IIRC) something about the wheels falling off?
I know the Camry had a rather major recall as well, but can't remember what on.
Wouldn't consider either of those models "new" Been around the block a time or two.
I remember these as they were direct competitors to the Saturn Aura when it was making it's run to the top.

And ebbs, quit lying... you don't bust your ass on anything. shit, you drop a pencil and you make some random SrA pick it up for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Summer of 08 Honda had a recall on the Accord (IIRC) something about the wheels falling off?
I know the Camry had a rather major recall as well, but can't remember what on.
Wouldn't consider either of those models "new" Been around the block a time or two.
I remember these as they were direct competitors to the Saturn Aura when it was making it's run to the top.

And ebbs, quit lying... you don't bust your ass on anything. shit, you drop a pencil and you make some random SrA pick it up for you
don't know about either recalls... and to be completely honest... I don't pay much attention to recalls period other than to check MY vehicles.

Toyota has had recalls on A LOT of their vehicles... shit look at my 87 toyota pickup... probably had 15 or so recalls... yet they still have the rep for a reason...

don't confuse what I'm saying... Recalls to me... aren't nessessaraly a bad thing... inconvenience yes... but I understand you can't get it right every time...

OUT SIDE of recalls is what I'm talking about... the ford explorer is SHIT. has been for years... did you know Uhaul will not rent a trailer to be towed by a Ford Explorer? that is THE ONLY vehicle that you can put a hitch on that they will not rent to... weird huh... (don't know why though)

it's all preference... and I'll stay Import thankyou.

oh... and sorry... no SRA here... they're all Non prior service with less than a year in... so Airman First Class