Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
we have rules that we can't keep up those portable basketball goals up, so i guess it's similar.

we do our best to keep the yard/house nice and take pride in it, as i would think any homeowner

sad that we have to have HOA's. sometimes we wish they had more power sometimes less.
We looked at a home that had an HOA that provided a copy of the bylaws to prospective buyers. They had so many rules we felt like we would be making a mortgage payment to buy something they might allow us to live in.

I live out in the woods where I only have to mow down the weeds and ivy in my yard about 3 times per year...

you couldn't have your garage door open more than 10 minutes at any time, you had to have any paint or landscaping approved, you couldn't leave a car in the drive overnight and you couldn't park a truck or bike outside anytime...and they wanted us to pay them 200 a month to tell us what we couldn't do on our property...That's the kind of neighbors and neighborhood I want

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #32
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
We live in a great neighborhood up here. We have an HOA, but most people address any issues with each other directly. I've not heard of anyone getting a notice from the HOA, etc. Someone usually has a big party every now and then, or we'll do a cul de sac party in front of our house, etc. Organized poker nights for the guys happen every so often.

One guy I've ridden with a couple of times invited everyone in the neighborhood to his house for a 40th birthday party for his wife - he had live music, 2 kegs, everyone brought food and drinks, etc. Must have been 150+ people there. It was pretty cool, even when people started singing kareoke LOL. On Friday or Saturday nights, it's not uncommon to walk the dogs and come across an impromptu gathering in someone's driveway.

Everyone is friendly with each other, everyone watches out for one another, keeps an eye on their place if they are away on vacation, etc. I know about 1/2 of the people in our neighborhood on a first name basis. I've never lived in a place like before. It's awesome. It's a shame most can't be like this.
*GASP* You mean it's okay to talk to the neighbors, hang out with them and even maybe wave as we walk by?

Im kidding. Ive had a few neighborhoods where we had the awesome comraderie, we all looked out for each other and liked each other...but these days its almost as if you arent supposed to talk, wave, or even acknowledge them...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #33
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I'm back.

My neighborhood is better than yours.

S. Fla sucks, N. Ga pwns.
Welcome back, buddy!

shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #34
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Welcome back, buddy!

LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
We looked at a home that had an HOA that provided a copy of the bylaws to prospective buyers. They had so many rules we felt like we would be making a mortgage payment to buy something they might allow us to live in.

I live out in the woods where I only have to mow down the weeds and ivy in my yard about 3 times per year...

you couldn't have your garage door open more than 10 minutes at any time, you had to have any paint or landscaping approved, you couldn't leave a car in the drive overnight and you couldn't park a truck or bike outside anytime...and they wanted us to pay them 200 a month to tell us what we couldn't do on our property...That's the kind of neighbors and neighborhood I want
Unfortunately those rules exist for a reason. Many people are slobs and if their garage is fucked up beyond belief with stacks shit all over, I don't want to look at it so keep your garage door closed. I would be willing to bet that if your garage was nice and tidy, you could leave the door open all day and you wont hear a single complaint. Paint and landscaping? yeah, have you seen what people do to their houses and yards? I don't want to look at that shit and I certainly don't want people like that bringing down the property values. HOA rules are being pro active and are enforcing them to keep the douchebagery at bay. If you use a little common sense, HOA's will let you bend the rules if what you are doing is reasonable. I can plant anything in my yard that I want and I don't need HOA approval because I have the nicest looking yard in the neighborhood. I proved myself already. Everyone else needs approval. For the most part we don't have to worry about it though because when you reach a certain housing price point, the asshats with poor taste generally can't afford the neighborhood. We have lots of rules in our HOA but if you use a little common sense and respect for your neighbors, then you will never have a problem.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Unfortunately those rules exist for a reason. Many people are slobs and if their garage is fucked up beyond belief with stacks shit all over, I don't want to look at it so keep your garage door closed. I would be willing to bet that if your garage was nice and tidy, you could leave the door open all day and you wont hear a single complaint. Paint and landscaping? yeah, have you seen what people do to their houses and yards? I don't want to look at that shit and I certainly don't want people like that bringing down the property values. HOA rules are being pro active and are enforcing them to keep the douchebagery at bay. If you use a little common sense, HOA's will let you bend the rules if what you are doing is reasonable. I can plant anything in my yard that I want and I don't need HOA approval because I have the nicest looking yard in the neighborhood. I proved myself already. Everyone else needs approval. For the most part we don't have to worry about it though because when you reach a certain housing price point, the asshats with poor taste generally can't afford the neighborhood. We have lots of rules in our HOA but if you use a little common sense and respect for your neighbors, then you will never have a problem.
Wow, can you feel the snobbery from this post. The whole "everyone else needs approval" horseshit. Sorry rider, you just proved you don't live in one of those subdivisions mentioned above that you think you live in. Hell you sound like you are one of those types that will mail letters to people for keeping their garage door open for too long or having too many cars outside when you want to have a party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #37
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Wow, can you feel the snobbery from this post. The whole "everyone else needs approval" horseshit. Sorry rider, you just proved you don't live in one of those subdivisions mentioned above that you think you live in. Hell you sound like you are one of those types that will mail letters to people for keeping their garage door open for too long or having too many cars outside when you want to have a party.
I was gonna clean the garage tonight. I think I'll leave the doors open and shit all over the place now

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I was gonna clean the garage tonight. I think I'll leave the doors open and shit all over the place now
I already do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #39
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
For the most part we don't have to worry about it though because when you reach a certain housing price point, the asshats with poor taste generally can't afford the neighborhood.
my parents would put your generality to shame...........lol

they are the low brow in a $300k + neighborhood (w/ some houses going for over $1mil). they are the one's w/ the mediocre yard and shat everywhere in the garage. but then again they paid off the house in 3-4yrs, and the neighborhood has like a 25% foreclosure rate for houses sold.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #40
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Nope I honesty don't care about people leaving garage doors open in my neighborhood. We don't have any such rule about it but we don't need it because the garages look good. Nobody in out neighborhood needs to mail letters to anyone. We could do away with the HOA because everyone is respectful. We keep the HOA because you never know who might move into your neighborhood. Were not snobs at all. We just have a financial interest in keeping our houses looking nice. Someone could drive a Hyundai and because they keep it in showroom condition means they are a snob? Then neither are we. I want my house to look nice and part of it looking nice it that the neighbors keep their house looking nice. If you drove a brand new car would you park it between 2 nice looking newer well kept cars or between 2 piles of rusted out shit boxes? If you say the newer cars then that makes you a snob just the same.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote