View Poll Results: Choose one.
Your bike 29 70.73%
Your woman 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #31
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

bike, if they cared they would never ask me to chose to give up something i love dearly
sad truth, but its a life style

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
i hear ya. Ideally it'd be good if someone liked to both ride with you and alone.

I think I'm in a worse place than the guys though. I can't see dating a non-rider because they just don't understand what a big part of my life that is.
that's funny I have a female friend who dates a non riding guy. she was thinking about giving the bike up. I told her to put his ass on a bike and tell him to learn it. she'd be miserable without it. her family and friends all ride except her guy. her dad has even recomended she could find someone else with a bike to date.

i offered to give her guy a few lessons to get him started this summer. we'll see how it goes.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #33
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Why? You have 10 times the choices we do.
Not really. I know very few single riders. Besides, it's not like I go riding with guys and look at them as a dating pool. Most of them are my buddies and I'm not going to be that girl that dates her way around the group.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #34
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
but its a life style
this. It's not just that I want to do it or that I'm passionate about it. It's that most of my spare cash is spent buying bike parts and most of my life and thoughts revolve around how I can fit it in. If it's not track days, it's trips, and it's vacations with a bunch of guys to go and ride. It's a lifestyle.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #35
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I'm not sure what my preference is.

On one hand, it'd be cool to have a woman you enjoy motorcycling with, on the other hand, riding is a solitary thing for me, a stress reliever. Sure I like to go out riding with friends, but the vast majority of it I do alone, when im stressed, need to think, etc etc.

Not sure how having a woman who likes to ride would affect that.

What I definately dont want, is a woman who only rides bitch.

I too mostly ride alone and always have. However I do really enjoy riding with other like minded riders - no matter what kind of bike they have. Folks that ride at a similar pace I do. I've had some of the most fun riding with my VFR group at the Gap!! I also grow as a rider when I ride with them.

Sometimes having a spouse that rides isn't what it's cracked up to be.

When I rode with my ex - on his 30 year old Harley (not b/c it is a Harley but because it was so freaking OLD!) with the suicide shifter he never seemed to be able to figure out I was CONSTANTLY PISSED OFF.

When you almost run over someone OVER AND OVER AND F'ING OVER because they slow down so much between gear changes AND WON'T DO THE F'ING SPEED LIMIT you don't want to ride with them anymore. Riding with people that think I'm a maniac for going 60 in a 55 is such a PITA I'd rather be by myself!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #36
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
See, I think a lot of guys say this, but in reality very few guys date girls that ride (for whatever reason). In fact, among my friends, I know very few who has an SO that rides, and many have actively chosen non-riders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Why? You have 10 times the choices we do.
Most men cant handle a female that rides. Either their jealousy is too much when she is around other guys or they want to get competitive and outdo the female just cuz they're "men".

Out of all the guys I dated after my divorce, the only one worth keeping (obviously since I married him) was the one who gave me the freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted, and never made me choose. These days he kicks me out of the house to go ride with the local crew since he doesnt want to do group rides yet.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
that's funny I have a female friend who dates a non riding guy. she was thinking about giving the bike up. I told her to put his ass on a bike and tell him to learn it. she'd be miserable without it. her family and friends all ride except her guy. her dad has even recomended she could find someone else with a bike to date.

i offered to give her guy a few lessons to get him started this summer. we'll see how it goes.
This! While the hubby isnt nuts like I am, he figured he'd give it a shot and see what it was like. I taught him the basics, he loved it, and just started riding his cruiser.

Quote:
Not really. I know very few single riders. Besides, it's not like I go riding with guys and look at them as a dating pool. Most of them are my buddies and I'm not going to be that girl that dates her way around the group.

I know right??!! I had some good friends that just couldnt GET THIS! Hurts friendships either way it seems.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #38
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
I too mostly ride alone and always have. However I do really enjoy riding with other like minded riders - no matter what kind of bike they have. Folks that ride at a similar pace I do. I've had some of the most fun riding with my VFR group at the Gap!! I also grow as a rider when I ride with them.

Sometimes having a spouse that rides isn't what it's cracked up to be.

When I rode with my ex - on his 30 year old Harley (not b/c it is a Harley but because it was so freaking OLD!) with the suicide shifter he never seemed to be able to figure out I was CONSTANTLY PISSED OFF.

When you almost run over someone OVER AND OVER AND F'ING OVER because they slow down so much between gear changes AND WON'T DO THE F'ING SPEED LIMIT you don't want to ride with them anymore. Riding with people that think I'm a maniac for going 60 in a 55 is such a PITA I'd rather be by myself!!
But, is it that you hated riding with him, or you hated him?

I ride the piss out of my bike. Last time I rode with sport bikes on my Harley, was with Tmall and his buddy. I kept up, because im willing to wreck, before im willing to fall behind. It was his buddy who was way behind

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #39
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
But, is it that you hated riding with him, or you hated him?

I ride the piss out of my bike. Last time I rode with sport bikes on my Harley, was with Tmall and his buddy. I kept up, because im willing to wreck, before im willing to fall behind. It was his buddy who was way behind
Ummm.. BOTH?

There are cruiser riders that ride better than sportsbike riders. They ARE riders. Then you have my ex, who just has a motorcycle.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #40
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

How is this even a question?
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote