Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #31
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
This thread had me rolling. The dr phil, fat people faces, and especially "when I got run over by a dumptruck" cracked me up. Sorry rider, but how it came out was hilarious.
I did get run over though. I'm still in some pain nearly 2 months later.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #32
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I can imagine. My back is still hurt from a football injury 4 years ago.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #33
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I can imagine. My back is still hurt from a football injury 4 years ago.
It only gets worse the older you get.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #34
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
It only gets worse the older you get.
Awesome. I have to compression fractures in vertebrae and a few pinched nerves. Basically two of my vertebrae went from this shape = to this shape <
Old 12-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Awesome. I have to compression fractures in vertebrae and a few pinched nerves. Basically two of my vertebrae went from this shape = to this shape <
You're fucked.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #36
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
You're fucked.
That's what I was afraid of. The thing that hurts it the very most is shoveling. Not only is there lifting a fair bit of weight from the wrong end of a lever, but also swinging and throwing it. Hurts like all hell. And my parents used to have a landscaping company that I worked for all of the time.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #37
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Heres one that kills me. My wife is very fit she runs 5 miles at a time 3 times a week before work and on the other days she will lift weights. But take her ass to the mall and she drives around for 15 min to find a close parking space.

I'm some what round not huge by any means but I pull into a lot and park the walk is good for me.

That being said I have complained about draging my 400 pounds of tools from the 2 mile away parking lot cause I'm not driving the car make made at that plant. Freaking union shops kill me. Do you really need all those tools? Yeah do you think you could help me get them through the turnstyle, jackass! Sorry rant over.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #38
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Take one for the team and fuck her brains out man. That way she will be nicer to the rest of us AND will have worked off a few pounds. Just aim for the wet spot....

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #39
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
..... ohhhhhh

rider got run over by a dump truck, coming home from our house christmas eveeeeeee.....
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:25 AM   #40
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
That's what I was afraid of. The thing that hurts it the very most is shoveling. Not only is there lifting a fair bit of weight from the wrong end of a lever, but also swinging and throwing it. Hurts like all hell. And my parents used to have a landscaping company that I worked for all of the time.
My ex had herniated/ruptured discs in his cervical spine (related to an injury from Iraq), so I'm familiar with the condition. He had (don't know if it's still as bad now.. we divorced in June) pretty bad nerve problems, especially in his left hand. He would randomly drop things because his hand would just not cooperate. Until they figured out it was his spine that was the problem, they were thinking he had carpal or radial tunnel.

Seriously, though, don't know what kind of medical insurance you have, but physical therapy *can* help it get better if you stick with it long enough.. it's not a permanent fix, and the pain won't go away altogether, but it can improve your quality of life. The next step would be surgery... if you can avoid having to go that route, that's probably best.

Any way you can avoid shoveling snow? (As in, get someone else to do it.. get a machine to do it.. something?) I realize NOT doing it isn't an option where you live.. but worsening your condition can conceivably have wide-reaching consequences.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote