Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Maybe in your area, but not around here. They have greeters, but those people stand pretty far away from the door, so they can't double-duty as receipt-checkers.
Thats exactly right.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Maybe in your area, but not around here. They have greeters, but those people stand pretty far away from the door, so they can't double-duty as receipt-checkers.
Either regional or store-by-store... the Walmart by us checks people "at random" (somehow i always get stopped).

i've never waited more than a minute or two at Costco because of the receipt-checking... just pissed me off the first couple times i went there because i'd put my receipt away and had to dig it back out.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #33
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I find that around here they only check you if you don't have the receipt in your hand. I keep my shit in my hand and they don't even stop me.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Either regional or store-by-store... the Walmart by us checks people "at random" (somehow i always get stopped).

i've never waited more than a minute or two at Costco because of the receipt-checking... just pissed me off the first couple times i went there because i'd put my receipt away and had to dig it back out.
Yep it's the same around here and that has been my experience...digging for a receipt.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

I'm a Costco executive member and I love that place. It was crowded all the time when I lived in Seattle, but here in GR it's never real busy. I've never had to wait in the checkout line for than 5 minutes and never more than 2 or 3 people deep at the exit where they are checking receipts. I do avoid buying electronics there because I have heard about warranty issues before, although I did buy my laptop there, but it was shipped to me direct from Dell and I know the 3 years warranty is good. I've already verified it with them.

Sams? Yeah I don't like that place. I refuse to do business with Wallyworld.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #36
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
So they don't trust their cashiers to ring up items correctly?

I don't mind the checking recepit thing at the end, cause it always seems to go fast, but the same fat chick is ALWAYS there. Now, I have nothing against fat chicks, but this chick wears the tightest thin spandex pants with the biggest GUNT. It's nasty as fuck. If you put a bag over her head you wouldn't know if you were looking from the front or rear. I suggested one time to get some hot young chick to do this cause then at least you wouldn't piss people off.

I shop at Sams every 2 weeks. When you eat 12 eggs a day, 10oz tuna, 5 oz chicken, brocolli up the wazoo, whey protein, half and half, cottage cheeze shit adds up fast in the commerical chain supermarkets. I figure I save about 100 a month at Sam's. Though, everything in the first post is true, Sam's are pretty ghetto fabulous.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #37
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't know what your time is worth, but the first and last time I waited around in line so I could be "checked for stealing" (which is what it amounts to) it took 20 minutes.

Fuck that. I bought it, it's mine, piss-off. I'm not a goddamn 12 year old, I can check my own receipt to make sure I wasn't overcharged.

Sucks to be them. I don't work there.

JC
I find the worst lines I have been in are at Wal mart. Even the grocery store is a bitch. You show me a store without a line up and I will show you a store that is closed.

Sucks to work there but its not because of a quick look in your lunch bag.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I don't mind the checking recepit thing at the end, cause it always seems to go fast, but the same fat chick is ALWAYS there. Now, I have nothing against fat chicks, but this chick wears the tightest thin spandex pants with the biggest GUNT. It's nasty as fuck. If you put a bag over her head you wouldn't know if you were looking from the front or rear. I suggested one time to get some hot young chick to do this cause then at least you wouldn't piss people off. .
WTF is a gunt? A gut and a cunt that are indistinguishable?

Quote:
I shop at Sams every 2 weeks. When you eat 12 eggs a day, 10oz tuna, 5 oz chicken, brocolli up the wazoo, whey protein, half and half, cottage cheeze shit adds up fast in the commerical chain supermarkets. I figure I save about 100 a month at Sam's. Though, everything in the first post is true, Sam's are pretty ghetto fabulous.
Do you buy tuna in standard 5-oz cans? How much are they at Sams?

And what do you use half-and-half for?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #39
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'm a Costco executive member and I love that place. It was crowded all the time when I lived in Seattle, but here in GR it's never real busy. I've never had to wait in the checkout line for than 5 minutes and never more than 2 or 3 people deep at the exit where they are checking receipts. I do avoid buying electronics there because I have heard about warranty issues before, although I did buy my laptop there, but it was shipped to me direct from Dell and I know the 3 years warranty is good. I've already verified it with them.

Sams? Yeah I don't like that place. I refuse to do business with Wallyworld.
You shouldn't have any problem with a warranty. If you ever do just return the item. My father in law returned a tv early this year that died just after the warranty ran out. They took it back for him.

Also you can ask them to check were warranty work is handled for a product. That info used to be in the computer so it wasn't hard to find out if you could get repairs done locally.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #40
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
I don't mind the checking recepit thing at the end, cause it always seems to go fast, but the same fat chick is ALWAYS there. Now, I have nothing against fat chicks, but this chick wears the tightest thin spandex pants with the biggest GUNT. It's nasty as fuck. If you put a bag over her head you wouldn't know if you were looking from the front or rear. I suggested one time to get some hot young chick to do this cause then at least you wouldn't piss people off.

Quote:
WTF is a gunt? A gut and a cunt that are indistinguishable?
that is freakin' NASTY

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote