Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #31
Flexin
AMA Supersport

My wife was going out shopping so she returned it for me and picked up the Zen 8gb. Its the one with the larger screen and expandable memory.

I like the idea of the larger screen. I have heard many good things about the Sansa but I do want the bigger screen. Plus now I'm stuck with Walmart because I don't have my receipt (I'm sure I could find it if I looked harder) so I was given a gift card. So that kind of screws things up. I will give this one a shot and see how it is.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #32
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

If that doesn't work out for you I've been loving my Sony mp3 player. It's fairly old now and it still sounds great. I even dropped it once and besides the selector button being slightly gritty it still functions 100%. It also came with Sonicstage which is awesome, but they canceled that now so I don't know what they offer with them anymore.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #33
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
If that doesn't work out for you I've been loving my Sony mp3 player. It's fairly old now and it still sounds great. I even dropped it once and besides the selector button being slightly gritty it still functions 100%. It also came with Sonicstage which is awesome, but they canceled that now so I don't know what they offer with them anymore.
I have thought about the Sony. I always did like Sony.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #34
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

I don't know why people hate on iPods so much.. the last one I had was an old 1 gig iPod nano.. bought it in '06 at the PX in Vilseck, Germany, and it lasted through the abuse of 4 or 5 moves, many trans-atlantic flights, a 5500 mile cross-country motorcycle trip, and the only reason I don't use it anymore is because Tracy gave me the 8 gig iPod nano that he won at a raffle in October. That one I've only had for about 6 months, but it's survived extensive usage in my car (hooray auxiliary input), rides on the bike, and I can watch movies on it if I want (though I'd rather watch them on my iPhone.. bigger screen ).

But whatever wets your whistle.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #35
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

whatever MP3 player you get...make sure you ditch the earphones that come with it asap.

In-ear is the way to go.

FYI: My creative ZEN lasted 2 years in all sorts of weather and all sorts of abuse. the Sansa 8gb I replaced it with had the screen get a little flackey within 2 months and menu system SUCKs. Still works though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8005008_sc.jpg (1.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 8703414_sc.jpg (2.7 KB, 17 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 04-10-2009 at 10:58 AM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #36
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
I have a pair of Phillips in-ear's just like these that I bought about 4 weeks ago on impulse and have found that they work very well on planes.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.

Last edited by Particle Man; 04-10-2009 at 11:58 AM..
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #37
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
I don't know why people hate on iPods so much.. the last one I had was an old 1 gig iPod nano.. bought it in '06 at the PX in Vilseck, Germany, and it lasted through the abuse of 4 or 5 moves, many trans-atlantic flights, a 5500 mile cross-country motorcycle trip, and the only reason I don't use it anymore is because Tracy gave me the 8 gig iPod nano that he won at a raffle in October. That one I've only had for about 6 months, but it's survived extensive usage in my car (hooray auxiliary input), rides on the bike, and I can watch movies on it if I want (though I'd rather watch them on my iPhone.. bigger screen ).

But whatever wets your whistle.
I'm one of those people that just has a thing against Apple. I used my buddies Ipod at a party and thought it was ok. I have used my sisters Iphone and I like some things about it but not enough to make it my next phone.

Another reason is the price. Any Ipod I would go for will cost 3 times as much as the Zen Moziac I went with, and 8 times more then my first mp3 player. I did end up spending about two times more for this Zen over the Zen Moziac. I didn't want to spend this much but for that I did get a player with expandable memory, a 2.5" screen up from 1.8", fm radio (I don't even like the radio but I'm happy its on this player. Go figure).

If I had the money to waste I would get the 160g 7" screened Archos.

James
Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
whatever MP3 player you get...make sure you ditch the earphones that come with it asap.

In-ear is the way to go.

FYI: My creative ZEN lasted 2 years in all sorts of weather and all sorts of abuse. the Sansa 8gb I replaced it with had the screen get a little flackey within 2 months and menu system SUCKs. Still works though
What model headphones are those? I do need better head phones. The radio sounds ok on the oem Zen headphones but doesn't sound great with the music I listen to.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I have a pair of Phillips in-ear's that I bought about 4 weeks ago on impulse and have found that they work very well on planes.
What are the cost on them?

James
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #39
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What model headphones are those? I do need better head phones. The radio sounds ok on the oem Zen headphones but doesn't sound great with the music I listen to.

James

What are the cost on them?

James
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1155848368219

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1199496037667

The ones I currently use are Sony (not sure of the model number) in ear types that came with an "over the ear thing-a-mo-bob" that clips onto the wires to help secure them.

I usually spend 30-40 on head phones and the Sony's (it has bass boost on the package...) I use now, though on the pricier side have always sounded much better than the 10-20 dollar buds all over the place and I prefer them to the equally priced Phillips buds.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #40
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I have a pair of Phillips in-ear's that I bought about 4 weeks ago on impulse and have found that they work very well on planes.

I have those...at least phillips that look exactly like those

Quote: