Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #31
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
One things for certain, ER medicine, ER staff, the EMS, all have kick ass jobs and take alot of shit from people. You fuckers deserve major props for dealing with what you do on a nightly basis and not purposely harming them.

I need to stop reading medblogs.
it just doesnt look like its on purpose

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #32
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
You work in the ER Right??

She Fucking HATES ER Docs/Nurses...b/c they just rush shit and send it up for Floor nurses to fix...Lol

She comes home MANY Nights saying Fuck it I quit...Lol
Dont get me going on the floor staff, we have admitted pts sitting around forever because they dont want to make the beds so we can send them up.

last night was funny, we admitted a guy for DKA and there was some nursing issue with sending him upstairs. My 2 nurses start going at it and one nurse says fuck the admitting people. the other one gets pissed and wants to write her up. Now this other nurs is a littls strange at times but is a kickass nurse and I will stick up for her till the end. So I have to start messing with the other one dropping F bombs and just being an all round asshole about it. The medical student was kinda shocked, hes like why are you doing all that. I told him it was fun and it was a slow boring night

Tom
Old 04-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #33
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
You work in the ER Right??

She Fucking HATES ER Docs/Nurses...b/c they just rush shit and send it up for Floor nurses to fix...Lol

She comes home MANY Nights saying Fuck it I quit...Lol
I used to sorta think they same way when I worked on a medicine floor/step down unit. Now that I work in emerg, I also see things from another perspective.

We get shit on in our ER b/c we have to do a million floor orders because the nurses expect it. (I dont think some even know how to put in their own IV's anymore) Mind you, I've done the whole work up for the patient, stripped them of their dirty clothes, put in a million IV lines, drawn all the bloods, done ABG's, brought them back from the brink of death, and then some... And yet we still get crap from a lot of floors... The thing I learned to appreciate about floor nursing is once your beds are full, they are full. Our beds are never full/empty for any length of time. We are lucky if we get to "rush" patients up anywhere as they are taking up space in an ER that needs to be available for acutely ill patients. A floor nurse has 8 or so patients in the run of a night, I have to see close to 40 depending on where I am working. That's a lot of work and a lot of stress...

Anyway....

I could share some stories, but I'll skip the one's about the "regulars" as there are sooo many.

My best "object in orifice" was a plunger used in a veggie juicer. Must have been 8 inches long and 3 inches wide at it's end. Took a conscious sedation in a gyne bed to get it outta the guy's ass.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #34
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post

My best "object in orifice" was a plunger used in a veggie juicer. Must have been 8 inches long and 3 inches wide at it's end. Took a conscious sedation in a gyne bed to get it outta the guy's ass.
Whats with people sticking weird things up their ass? Wouldnt it just be easier to buy a toy from the sex shop?

And at what point do these people realize they can't get it out of their ass and have to go to ER? Certainly they can't drive themselves over can they?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #35
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Whats with people sticking weird things up their ass? Wouldnt it just be easier to buy a toy from the sex shop?

And at what point do these people realize they can't get it out of their ass and have to go to ER? Certainly they can't drive themselves over can they?
Somemay be embarassed to actualy go buy them. And I figure they either call ems or walk very carefully

Tom
Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #36
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

I don't get the fascination with putting *anything* in one's ass, anything at all. Much less a fucking CURLING IRON.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #37
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Somemay be embarassed to actualy go buy them. And I figure they either call ems or walk very carefully

Tom
its not as embarrassing as going to the ER to get something out of your ass!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #38
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Yeah, I'm going to have to pass on the ass insertion. It might be the greatest thing ever, I'll never know. And if I go to the ER it's for something serious, not to waste time.
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #39
t-homo
WSB Champion

This thread is hilarious.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #40
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

As soon as stuff starts going in asses you express enthusiasm over the thread? Fuckin suspect, man.