Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #41
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
How is this even a question?

It's the motorcycle version of "Which Would You rather".

It's like "who would you rather sleep with....Bill Clinton or Bob Saget?" You have to choose one!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #42
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I would choose a stale tater tot over my wife if she gave me an ultimatum to not eat that stale tater-tot.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

if SHE gives me the ultimatum... I'm gone.... as we're still dating... married with kids, might be a different answer.

if it was just a choice not brought on by her... then Her. I love riding... but it's not my life... I have other hobbies that can fill my time...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #44
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
if HE gives me the ultimatum... I'm gone.... as we're still dating... civil union, might be a different answer.

if it was just a choice not brought on by him... then Him. I love riding... but it's not my life... I have other hobbies that can fill my time...
I don't believe this she nonsense, fixed
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #45
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
See, I think a lot of guys say this, but in reality very few guys date girls that ride (for whatever reason). In fact, among my friends, I know very few who has an SO that rides, and many have actively chosen non-riders.
Well, as was pointed out, there is a critical shortage of eligible females who ride.
Among those, in my experience, most are taken and remain so.
If they are ever single, it's usually for one evening... a Tuesday evening... and I had to work, so I missed my chance.

Back to the topic...
Even though I'm far from being a diehard motorcyclist, keeping my motorcycle and riding when I feel like it means enough to me that I would strongly discourage a woman from dropping an ultimatum like that.
If she insisted, depending on how involved we were, I might go along with it. But I can guarantee I'd put her in a similar situation about something of hers on down the road.
The nookie is not a sufficient bargaining chip in the long run.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #46
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I don't believe this she nonsense, fixed
bastard!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
See, I think a lot of guys say this, but in reality very few guys date girls that ride (for whatever reason). In fact, among my friends, I know very few who has an SO that rides, and many have actively chosen non-riders.
As has already been stated women who ride are a rarity. Women who ride and are single are even more scarce. The pool of "available" women is small.

Quote:
Not really. I know very few single riders. Besides, it's not like I go riding with guys and look at them as a dating pool. Most of them are my buddies and I'm not going to be that girl that dates her way around the group.
This mindset, while understandable, narrows down that number even further. The desire to be taken seriously, avoid drama in the group, not be viewed as the group "sex toy", or whatever the motivation is leads some guys to the conclusion that the women in their group aren't interested.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #48
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
As has already been stated women who ride are a rarity. Women who ride and are single are even more scarce. The pool of "available" women is small.

This mindset, while understandable, narrows down that number even further. The desire to be taken seriously, avoid drama in the group, not be viewed as the group "sex toy", or whatever the motivation is leads some guys to the conclusion that the women in their group aren't interested.
Sleeping with your crew makes you appear as nothing more than a run of the mill curb squirrel...and causes drama if you break up, breaking the crew up, causing hard feelings if one gets ya and the other doesnt, etc etc...bringing in someone to the group that you are dating can often cause the same thing.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #49
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Sleeping with your crew makes you appear as nothing more than a run of the mill curb squirrel...and causes drama if you break up, breaking the crew up, causing hard feelings if one gets ya and the other doesnt, etc etc...bringing in someone to the group that you are dating can often cause the same thing.
As I said, the reasons are understandable. Some guys want to avoid that potential for drama too. If a large portion of my "social network" was based around a single activity I would try and avoid messing it up as well.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #50
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

It's funny because several of my guy friends have said they were, at one time or another, interested in me. Not one of them EVER seriously showed this (I can't be that dense can I? ). Meh.

I don't even like to bring new friends into the riding group let alone new boyfriends. Nuts to that noise!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote