Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #41
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Still 14 years isn't that long of a life. They should live longer.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #42
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Still 14 years isn't that long of a life. They should live longer.
Would you feel better if they included a warranty?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #43
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Very interesting, thanks!! I think the fur would be more upkeep than I prefer tho I like the little shedding part!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #44
the chi
Forum Coach

Think of them like the human giants, like Andre for example. With a body that massive compared to a standard size person or dog, that body takes a lot of wear and tear just living compared to a smaller person or animal.

Small dogs can live almost 20 years, and some labs have been known to reach 15-18 with good care...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #45
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Would you feel better if they included a warranty?
What the fuck do you think?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
He REALLY wants a black lab
You have your baby, let him get what he really wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #47
LittleTaz
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: '00 Ninja 250

Most of the Bouvier's I've been around have been clipped close (think giant schnauzer).
Old 11-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #48
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You have your baby, let him get what he really wants.
You suck. Its not even for him...besides, he gets to keep that effin cat. There have been so few animals I truly didnt care for, and my own household cat is one of them. Friggin satans spawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTaz View Post
Most of the Bouvier's I've been around have been clipped close (think giant schnauzer).
Hrrmm, that would change it a bit...much more attractive look too.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #49
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Rae, one more upside to a Great Dane that I forgot...when your bike is down for service you can ride your dog!!

We had a female that was about 120lbs that lived for 12-13yrs. Our big male that was 165lbs only lived 10-11 I think. The female we had when I was in grade school to high school...one day my dad figured out he could tell her to go find one of us kids by name, we would hide and she would hunt through the house until she found the one he said to and she'd sit down where we were hiding. That was with my sister and 2 brothers.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #50
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Thanks GM. First I gotta convince the hubby. He REALLY wants a black lab, but I want something a little different. That and I honestly dont care for labs. They are great dogs, but hyper, loud, destructive, etc etc...granted any puppy I will face the same thing but well, you know...

I want something that will be loveable but will protect me if needed when he's away. Id love a Brinks type dog as long as its not a drooler...hows the shedding??
Well these being mastiffs are junk yard dogs. Brinks has significantly calmed down. But he takes his protection duties seriously. Most people are straight up intimidated by him. Its the size coupled with their big massive head. He's not hyper or loud. Well his bark can wake the dead but that's cause he's got a 38" chest. His bark is deep and sounds great.

Being a dry mouth he really doesn't drool. He does have all those cuddly joules (big cheeks) so after he drinks all that excess water falls out. But its not drool... just some water. But drool, no.

Shedding... not really. He's not a poodle but he has really short and tight hair.

I have had labs, goldens, greyhound, husky/shepard mix, my mothers shitzu, and Brinks the cane corso. Hands down. Nothing beats the Cane Corso. People don't believe me till they go with me. Going to Pet Smart is an event. From the min he steps out the back of the suv and every isle we go by and every person that sees him. They want to know all about him, pet him, how old is he, how much he weights, etc. He's different and that's what we wanted.

We considered others like dobermans, rots, and great danes. Even as second dogs too.

Whenever you want to know more about any dog. Check out dog breed info website..

Here's what they have on Cane Corso
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/canecorsoitaliano.htm

The temperment is almost SPOT ON. And it should be noted as said in that link.

Any of these dogs that you are looking at like mastiffs, dobermans, rots. These are powerfull dominating dogs. They are not labs. You establish that you are boss very early. Train early. Keep up on training. If you don't want the dog to eat everybody. socialize socialize socialize Brinks was out in stores as a 8 week pup. He's very well socialized. We have spent lots of hours working with him. Most people are very surprised how well he behaves for me. He knows I am boss.

He has become great with kids. At first we were leary. But a few afternoons with the neighbors kids (8-10yrs old) and he was doing better. Now he's great with kids. He understands....

This pic... no crap taken earlier today at my house. It wasn't stage, I was cooking dinner and looked back and saw this. This is 130# Brinks with my nearly 2 yr old niece sitting on him and patting him all over. He's a big teddy bear.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote