Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #41
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I'm jealous !!!!
Shit, I'd take your life right about now!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #42
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Can't blame him, how many points has he lost due to technical issues in the first half of the season?
Yeah total horeshit..I mean running out of fuel? Among other things.

He would be so far ahead (instead of only 16 down) if the team and bike had their acts together.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #43
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
I don't think he will bounce around onto another WSBK team. Yamaha will probably pay him more, if it is the money. The only reason I think he would move is for a GP ride. Who would blame him?

It would be something if he wins.
He's not going GP unless he takes WSBK regardless of whoever offers him a GP ride.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #44
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Shit, I'd take your life right about now!!!
Dayum just saw this...well yours doesn't sound too shabby...you're always buying something it looks like plus I'm not banging a 21 year old blonde these days.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Dayum just saw this...well yours doesn't sound too shabby...you're always buying something it looks like plus I'm not banging a 21 year old blonde these days.
Yea well, I don't have a 'Vette in the garage or a house in Lake Norman... not too shabby, buddy! Besides, I hear your wife isn't exactly cracking mirrors or anything!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #46
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea well, I don't have a 'Vette in the garage or a house in Lake Norman... not too shabby, buddy! Besides, I hear your wife isn't exactly cracking mirrors or anything!
Well with all of the death talk in the news lately I'm just glad to be alive and healthy. I've sure done enough stupid things and took enough chances that had it gone differently I may not be here but hey that's what keeps life interesting so I don't see me stopping anytime soon. I imagine you can relate...just from reading some of your post.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Well with all of the death talk in the news lately I'm just glad to be alive and healthy. I've sure done enough stupid things and took enough chances that had it gone differently I may not be here but hey that's what keeps life interesting so I don't see me stopping anytime soon. I imagine you can relate...just from reading some of your post.

Yes being alive is definitely a good thing!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #48
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i couldnt see him going to GP. not unless they fix the competitiveness, in sbk he has a reasonable shot with whatever team he lands on. gp he'd only have one if he landed a top team. why risk black marks on your career?
Very good point, but I think Spies has made it pretty well known if he could get a mount with a factory team he aspires to GP. I think at Yamaha he is positioned to be potentially #2 because Rossi is young, believe it or not, and he is going to continue to dominate.

If I were Spies, but I am not, I would be happy at WSBK for a period of time. Look what it did for Bayliss who dominated there. He's a bit of legend himself.

The part I can't figure out is what would motivate him to leave factory Yamaha to go to Aprilia? I don't know all the ins-and-outs, but how does that improve the situation for him?

thanks -z

Last edited by zer0t; 07-02-2009 at 11:04 AM..
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #49
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
The part I can't figure out is what would motivate him to leave factory Yamaha to go to Aprilia? I don't know all the ins-and-outs, but how does that improve the situation for him?

thanks -z
IMHO it doesn't really but if they offer more $$...hey...that's what makes the world go around.

Also since most of the races are in Europe...maybe he'd be even more popular over there riding an Italian machine ?

I'm sure some will say because his Yamaha has had some issues blah...blah...blah...but it's a first year design and will only get better so that really isn't an issue imho.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #50
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

Quote:
IMHO it doesn't really but if they offer more $$...hey...that's what makes the world go around.

Also since most of the races are in Europe...maybe he'd be even more popular over there riding an Italian machine ?

I'm sure some will say because his Yamaha has had some issues blah...blah...blah...but it's a first year design and will only get better so that really isn't an issue imho.
I would stick with Yamaha just for the reason you point out. The new R1 cross plane crank bike is smoking. I almost bought one instead of my RC8. I test drove it twice and may do so again this weekend. I don't have any dough left to buy one, but the dealer has been very good about it.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote