Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
that is freakin' NASTY
No shit.

Whey? Cottage Cheese? A dozen eggs?

Bleh.

JC
Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #42
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Wal Mart around here does it on occasion, depends on who is at the door.
Fry's, Costco and Home Depot are all places that do that around here. But at none of them does the process take more than 5 seconds. They usually just take the receipt, give your cart or bag a cursory glance and then mark it with a marker. I have no idea what they think they're accomplishing. Maybe just the fact that someone is there to check it dissuades folks for "sticky fingering" extra stuff into their bags.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #43
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I'm single and live alone. Shopping at any of those places is an exercise in futility for me. Not only do I not need 100 rolls of toilet paper, I wouldn't have anywhere to put them.

I only go around Christmas or if my mother's going.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #44
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

We have a Costco right down the street from my office and we're a member. We love it. I usually get my gas there which is typically anywhere from $.10 - $.25 / gallon cheaper than the stations. Just filling up our cars there a for few months pays for the membership dues.

Wait times inside? Don't go on the weekends or other peak times - it's just like any other place of business. They have self-checkout lines as well, which are always open and never have a wait.

Checking the receipt when you leave? Takes a whole 15 seconds, wow. Fry's does it, along with some Best Buys and other stores.

Shit falling from above? Happens in Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy, etc. Anywhere that keeps a large stock and has high shelving. Do some searches on the Net - it happens in lots of places.

Not everything there is a deal - we just buy things we use regularly that are a good deal based on the comparisons we've noticed. Things like the 10 lb. bags of frozen chicken breasts or the large resealable bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Much cheaper than Publix, as long as you'll use it and you have the room to store it. Dog food, Red Bull, automatic dish detergent, bathroom cleaners....all cheaper than the local grocers and you don't have to buy a bunch to save.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #45
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How much are the 10-lb bags of frozen chicken? I get them for about $8 at Trader Joes last I remember.
I want to say it's $8-9 at Costco here as well. The local supermarkets all charge around $7 for the 5 lb. bags.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #46
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
We have a Costco right down the street from my office and we're a member. We love it. I usually get my gas there which is typically anywhere from $.10 - $.25 / gallon cheaper than the stations. Just filling up our cars there a for few months pays for the membership dues.

Wait times inside? Don't go on the weekends or other peak times - it's just like any other place of business. They have self-checkout lines as well, which are always open and never have a wait.

Checking the receipt when you leave? Takes a whole 15 seconds, wow. Fry's does it, along with some Best Buys and other stores.

Shit falling from above? Happens in Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy, etc. Anywhere that keeps a large stock and has high shelving. Do some searches on the Net - it happens in lots of places.

Not everything there is a deal - we just buy things we use regularly that are a good deal based on the comparisons we've noticed. Things like the 10 lb. bags of frozen chicken breasts or the large resealable bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Much cheaper than Publix, as long as you'll use it and you have the room to store it. Dog food, Red Bull, automatic dish detergent, bathroom cleaners....all cheaper than the local grocers and you don't have to buy a bunch to save.
Mmmm DD coffee. Got the resealable jones at home right now.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #47
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I'm single and live alone. Shopping at any of those places is an exercise in futility for me. Not only do I not need 100 rolls of toilet paper, I wouldn't have anywhere to put them.

I only go around Christmas or if my mother's going.
Your single so it is a good place for you. I know they used to sell huge packages of condoms. Condoms, 10 pounds of bananas and a case of Gatorade and you have yourself a start to a good night.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #48
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Your single so it is a good place for you. I know they used to sell huge packages of condoms. Condoms, 10 pounds of bananas and a case of Gatorade and you have yourself a start to a good night.

James
They also sell some decent pre-made meals. You could buy a salad and get 2-3 meals out of it.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #49
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
They also sell some decent pre-made meals. You could buy a salad and get 2-3 meals out of it.
Yes. They also sold the fresh pasta packs when I was there.

If you have a few friends that are willing you can buy some of the bulk items and split them up. Meats for example are great, but they have big packs. Split the meat and cost with 2 or 3 friends and you have your discount and don't need a huge deep freeze.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #50
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Quote:
Put those two together and that sounds like a weekend indoors!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote