Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-29-2008, 05:41 AM   #41
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Moto: MV Agusta

Tigger your idea of fine does not seem to have a very high standard, seems to me that all you want is to just show off, perhaps compensating for something? (cant find the stick poke smilie)

Ftbstd has shown you some quality watches yet you say they are not bling enough. Just because you throw $3,000.00 dollar rims on a piece of shat car does not make it a quality car, its still a piece of shat it just now has some expensive bling bling rims.

The Tags are nice but seems that everyone has them. I have always been partial to the A. Lange & Sohne they tend to be a bit more exotic.

We can make assumptions all day, and you know what they say about assuming. It means you're a fucking moron.

Last edited by Dova80; 11-29-2008 at 05:44 AM..
Dova80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:03 AM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea,well I'll never own a MV either! I'm a hood rat,halfbreed,ex-military,service tech and I have never made nor do I expect to make over $40,000 a year so excuse me if I can't compete with your lofty standard of what's fine. The pinnacle of my watch purchases has been my Movados and I expect that I'll never be able to reach above that plateau.

As far as "compensating" goes,I'm 6'4",240 lbs and I have a 9" dick that I'd be happy to send you a pic of just to prove my point! I'm sorry if I'm a bit too "bling,blingy" for you... go figure a guy that went out and bought a MV,accusing someone else of compensating....yeesh!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #43
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Um, my phone has a clock, and it's referenced to my carrier's computer, which in turn is synchronized to the atomic clock.

Watches are cool (some of these are very cool), but they're as useful as fucking tits on a bull anymore. $250,000.00?? Really? If you have that kinda money, and you spend it buying a fucking watch, and not a fucking HOUSE, then you are fucking retarded.

That is all.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Um, my phone has a clock, and it's referenced to my carrier's computer, which in turn is synchronized to the atomic clock.

Watches are cool (some of these are very cool), but they're as useful as fucking tits on a bull anymore. $250,000.00?? Really? If you have that kinda money, and you spend it buying a fucking watch, and not a fucking HOUSE, then you are fucking retarded.

That is all.

You could be right but I've been wearing a watch since I was a kid so it feels strange not to have one on....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #45
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea,well I'll never own a MV either! I'm a hood rat,halfbreed,ex-military,service tech and I have never made nor do I expect to make over $40,000 a year so excuse me if I can't compete with your lofty standard of what's fine. The pinnacle of my watch purchases has been my Movados and I expect that I'll never be able to reach above that plateau.

As far as "compensating" goes,I'm 6'4",240 lbs and I have a 9" dick that I'd be happy to send you a pic of just to prove my point! I'm sorry if I'm a bit too "bling,blingy" for you... go figure a guy that went out and bought a MV,accusing someone else of compensating....yeesh!
I am a working man just like you, I just save and buy what I want. Not whats blingy... As stated with the 2k you have spent in replaceable watches you could have gotten a very nice watch. Yet you even state you want nothing more than bling...

There is a difference between bling and quality bling. You seem to have stereo typed me for someone who has deep pockets, which is not the case. With that said I do know the difference between a fine quality and crap. If I cant afford the fine quality, and can only get the crap, I do not pretend that it is of the highest quality, I fully admit that it is nothing more than a functional piece of shat. It serves a purpose and that is all.

You have even said in this thread that you would not buy an MV, its a personal choice you would rather have quantity over quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Besides,I honestly would rather have a GSXR1000,a 'Busa and a DRZ400SM than have a MV Augusta.
Certainly are quick to point out how big your e-peen is... 9 inches of huge E-PEEN! WOW I am impressed lol I am giggin you thats all.. Dont take it so personal its just the internet.

As far as the MV goes, take a ride on a Ducati, or MV someday if you get the chance. The feeling, the noise, overall build quality is vastly different than any Japanese offerings.

We can make assumptions all day, and you know what they say about assuming. It means you're a fucking moron.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #46
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Quote:

That is all.
Well if you have 250k to spend on a frivolous item, said person must be doing something right. If even thinking of spending that much on a time piece I would hope said person already has at least 1 house of substantial size.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #47
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Pointless.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:37 AM   #48
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Pointless.
boats

Old 11-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #49
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

...And I'll even tell you why it's pointless: Sure, it's a penis extension, but compare it to others, like a car, or a bike, or some tech shit:

Car: Transportation, utility, prestige...and depending on model; thrills.
Bike: Transportation, utility, prestige...and depending on model; thrills.
Tech: Convenience, entertainment, utility, prestige.
Watch: Tells time.

I couldn't bring myself to add "prestige" to the watch description, sorry. I just see it as such an anachronism anymore; everything has a fucking clock it in today.

It's just pissing money. It makes as much sense as yacht racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80 View Post
boats

We think alike.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #50
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Quote:
...And I'll even tell you why it's pointless: Sure, it's a penis extension, but compare it to others, like a car, or a bike, or some tech shit:

Car: Transportation, utility, prestige...and depending on model; thrills.
Bike: Transportation, utility, prestige...and depending on model; thrills.
Tech: Convenience, entertainment, utility, prestige.
Watch: Tells time.

I couldn't bring myself to add "prestige" to the watch description, sorry. I just see it as such an anachronism anymore; everything has a fucking clock it in today.

It's just pissing money. It makes as much sense as yacht racing.

We think alike.
I look at fine watches similar to a woman's jewelry she would wear to an upscale event. It really does finish out an outfit. There is also the heirloom part of it, if you buy a nice piece you can pass it down to someone else. I mean really is it any worse than a woman collecting a vast amount of jewelry? I would rather buy (someday)wife a 10-20k dollar watch than spend that on a wedding ring, but I am not sure I will be able to find a wife that will be as understanding.