Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #41
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Nobody better pass me in my lane. You want to go around, you change lane, but if you try to squeez past me you'll probably make me fuck up, and then you'll get fucked up. If I lay it down I'll find you later, and if I have to swerve around I'll fucking follow you until I catch you, and then it's on.
It's on now,

let's all pass him in his lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's on now,

let's all pass him in his lane.

Hahahhahahahhahaha!!!! I'm not trying to get shot BEFORE I get back in to the military!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #43
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Sure you will, when you have a rough pass made on you here, you are on the outside and would get run off the mountain or put in the ditch if you tried to do anything about it. It's easy to say on the net, but here back in reality there isn't much you can do without probably taking yourself out. It's not something you want to do on a mountain where you can easily go off a 100 ft cliff. Better just to wait til you get to the parking lot.

It also depends on what is considered rough passing. I don't think what you think is rough passing on the track applies in this case. I haven't seen bump and run passing like on the track, it's not that bad. Most people just will cut a corner or race you into a turn to get around you leaving lots of room, most of it is just surprise passes where you didn't even realize someone was back there. Some cruiser riders don't like these type of passes or passing in general, sportbike riders are pretty use to these and not what we would consider rough. Very few people will force you to change your lane or line unless they blow a corner or something. I don't use the same lane in a pass unless the person gets far to the right for me and gives a wave by. That's pretty much SOP. A lot of bad (not rough) passing comes from people not knowing the road and choosing bad locations to attempt a pass.

like was said, maybe some miscommunication, I always err towards the side of safety.

when you don't know the skill level of the person you are trying to pass in a corner you are taking a big chance, a chance that you are going to spook the person you are passing and him messing up and going in the ditch or taking both of you. don't think there are any passing zones (ok, it's been a few years there may be one or two) on that road, straights are the only safe place to pass someone that you don't know the skill of.

I can go out there and not use it as a racetrack and still have a lot of fun.

all rides I go on are at my own pace so I know I will get home at the end of the day barring any screw ups by me or other people. I've crashed 3 times and the last one was pretty bad. don't want to do that again.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #44
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

That's it! I'm riding LAST at the Gap!

In all serious I'm not used anyone passing me in curves since we don't have any here worth trying to pass on. If you pass me causing me to fuck up and lay my bike down, I'm gonna be pissed!!! If you think Amorok is crazy, especially with guns, just piss off this midget!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
That's it! I'm riding LAST at the Gap!

In all serious I'm not used anyone passing me in curves since we don't have any here worth trying to pass on. If you pass me causing me to fuck up and lay my bike down, I'm gonna be pissed!!! If you think Amorok is crazy, especially with guns, just piss off this midget!

HAHAHAHAHA! I doubt anyone in our group would put a hard pass on you little one. It's more of a concern that others may do so. In any case,we can skip the Dragon all together and hangout at the store or take pics of the rest of the guys if you want. I've already "tamed the dragon" and i don't really care.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #46
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Riding on the street sucks yo....people screw up. Sometimes they take a hit, sometimes they slide by. Shit happens
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #47
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Geeze folks, ease up a bit. It's not like every squid in the country is there trying to pass you in a curve

First off, most of us are planning on hitting it on Monday....low traffic day, no big deal. Second, it's rare that anyone will ever try to pass you in a curve even there. Now they will want you to move right and wave them around as you come out of a curve so just do it and let them pass if it's a faster rider. It shouldn't be an issue in our group either, those that know they want to go slower can go in the back.

But if I have my VTX still (probably will) and pass any of you sportbike riders, you're my bitch from then on

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #48
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
HAHAHAHAHA! I doubt anyone in our group would put a hard pass on you little one. It's more of a concern that others may do so. In any case,we can skip the Dragon all together and hangout at the store or take pics of the rest of the guys if you want. I've already "tamed the dragon" and i don't really care.
I want to make a run through at least once. . . just to say I've done it.

After that I'll probably sit on the side and watch and take pics. I'll be happy just being there.

So if you wanna hang out and keep me company, that'd be awesome too!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #49
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
I want to make a run through at least once. . . just to say I've done it.
You may think that. But after your 1st run you are going to want to do a 2nd run. And then a 3rd run, then the cherohala, and thena another run on the gap. Your legs are going to be uber sore from riding on them all day.

It's not as bad as people make it out up there. You want to see some real squid action just wait until you hit The Loop at the TWFix rally. All the ATL stuntaz roll up there on the weekend since it's a short drive. Deal's Gap has the benefit of being away from anything, especially Atlanta. You have to about commit a night to go up there and get some somewhat more mature riders.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #50
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
You may think that. But after your 1st run you are going to want to do a 2nd run. And then a 3rd run, then the cherohala, and thena another run on the gap. Your legs are going to be uber sore from riding on them all day.

It's not as bad as people make it out up there. You want to see some real squid action just wait until you hit The Loop at the TWFix rally. All the ATL stuntaz roll up there on the weekend since it's a short drive. Deal's Gap has the benefit of being away from anything, especially Atlanta. You have to about commit a night to go up there and get some somewhat more mature riders.
I was telling her the same thing last night. She'll want more after the first run And going through on a Monday is sweet. My first trip up there was a Monday and I only made one pass through, then on to the Cherohala, but I rode from the overlook to the gas station without catching up to anyone and didn't have anyone catch up to me. I got to ride my own pace all the way through without distraction.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote