Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #51
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Wow, your math is good.

I'd explain to you why black people actually tend to do worse here, but then you'd need a history lesson too.
Funny enough, a lot of the folks in that lesson are from your beloved political ruling class

Anybody can succeed here. There's fucktons of opportunity. Aren't you yourself first/zero generation american? Aren't you pretty damn comfortable from what you've stated on here?
Soapbox is getting a little creaky eh?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #52
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I should be quietly selfish? Wow, who knew.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #53
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
The only "racist" aspect of this whole situation is that you all are assuming that this woman NEVER worked. That it's impossible that she may have had a life altering, recent event. She could have lost her job, there has been quite a bit of that going around recently... Maybe her husband died after an extended illness.

My guess is that she bought the tv with her over-inflated tax credit that some of you parents get. Talk about an entitlement. I've been on welfare and know people on welfare, there isn't "leftover" money to buy big screen tvs. BTW just because she is receiving assistance doesn't mean that her entire family is...the xbox could have been a gift. I know a lot of you think that you'd "sell everything" before you'd take welfare but getting $50 for your $2,000 tv at the pawn shop isn't as noble as you'd think. Would you all be happier if she lived in a run down single wide, devoid of furnishing, with absolutely no "luxury items" or entertainment whatsoever? I know people like that....
You could also read the article. It says what her situation is.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You could also read the article. It says what her situation is.
See? You're assuming that just because I'm black, that I didn't read the article...

In my experience, facts do absolutely nothing constructive in an argument of this nature, sir.

Real talk, I wrote a 3 paragraph response but instead, I'll just say this. I know that many of you believe that we are just lazy good for nothings that have EXACTLY the same opportunities that you do. That we throw our lives away having bastard children, drugs and forties... Maybe for the most part, you're right. I don't know. Maybe it is true that the black kid growing up in the projects has the same opportunities as the white kid growing up in the suburbs... I guess that's possible.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #55
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Highly unlikely. Look how patheticaly useless most of our citizenry are
Combine the uselessness of our citizenry with the fact that anyone wanting to start a real revolt will be thrown in jail for being a homegrown terrorist, and it is highly unlikely we'll ever see a real revolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
The bottom line is this: any argument about more white people being on welfare than any other race, while technically correct (just barely), is disingenuous at best. Looking at the raw numbers tells us that of the major races that make up our great nation, white people are FAR less likely to be the recipients of entitlement programs than any other race, and the trends are for welfare to become more and more "ethnic" with each passing year.

Of course, these numbers will be completely ignored by the left, because they are inconvenient and completely racist.
Quote:
Wow, your math is good.

I'd explain to you why black people actually tend to do worse here, but then you'd need a history lesson too.
at the very first response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
So, you post a big set of links that fail to prove your point, and now you're left with nothing more than a witty snip...Well done
Quote:
Actually, my point stands. There are more white people on public support.

The reason why blacks don't fare as well on a percentage basis should be rather obvious to anyone who wasn't completely asleep in history class.
And he still sticks with it.

Quote:
See? You're assuming that just because I'm black, that I didn't read the article...

In my experience, facts do absolutely nothing constructive in an argument of this nature, sir.

Real talk, I wrote a 3 paragraph response but instead, I'll just say this. I know that many of you believe that we are just lazy good for nothings that have EXACTLY the same opportunities that you do. That we throw our lives away having bastard children, drugs and forties... Maybe for the most part, you're right. I don't know. Maybe it is true that the black kid growing up in the projects has the same opportunities as the white kid growing up in the suburbs... I guess that's possible.
Maybe the black kid in the projects doesn't have the same things quite as readily available to him. However, the opportunities can still be found with some hard work and the right attitude. However, I think the culture just breeds more of the same welfare attitude. Frankly, you would think it would be the opposite, and you would think that someone would want to bust their ass to get out of the welfare life, but some people enjoy being lazy and having things paid for by others. Also, the entire financial attitude is part of the problem.

Sure, maybe the woman in the picture bought the big screen TV, xbox, etc. with money she had from working at a prior job. But the point is, her financial priorities were screwed up, and they still are. Those priorities should be food, shelter, utilities, clothing. Everything else is secondary and you should have an emergency fund of 3 to 6 months expenses. If you've managed to get that emergency fund and you've managed to afford that big TV, but things went sour for you, the first thing you do is cut back on "luxuries" like cable, internet, x-box, etc.

If you've cut back and still find yourself near the end of your emergency fund, you start selling shit if you absolutely can't find any work anywhere. And you know damn well that woman will get more than $50 for that TV. Something that size sells for about a grand right now and she could easily unload it to someone for $500, especially this time of year when other people are spending big money on gifts, etc.

Her priorities have likely been screwed up from the beginning, which is why she needs assistance in the first place. The vast majority of people in this country have some fucked up priorities. Most people want everything NOW and don't want to work and save for anything. We're a culture of people that tend to only think about what we WANT and have forgotten to prioritize what we NEED, myself included. I'm damn lucky to have a good job and right now, I can afford my toys. But don't think for one second that I would hang on to toys if I fell on hard times. If my emergency fund ran out and I was jobless, I'd be selling all I could and cutting all I could in order to ensure I have what I NEED. I'd also be out there doing any damn thing I could legally do to make money, even if it meant shoveling shit.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #56
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Combine the uselessness of our citizenry with the fact that anyone wanting to start a real revolt will be thrown in jail for being a homegrown terrorist, and it is highly unlikely we'll ever see a real revolution.

at the very first response.

And he still sticks with it.

Maybe the black kid in the projects doesn't have the same things quite as readily available to him. However, the opportunities can still be found with some hard work and the right attitude. However, I think the culture just breeds more of the same welfare attitude. Frankly, you would think it would be the opposite, and you would think that someone would want to bust their ass to get out of the welfare life, but some people enjoy being lazy and having things paid for by others. Also, the entire financial attitude is part of the problem.

Sure, maybe the woman in the picture bought the big screen TV, xbox, etc. with money she had from working at a prior job. But the point is, her financial priorities were screwed up, and they still are. Those priorities should be food, shelter, utilities, clothing. Everything else is secondary and you should have an emergency fund of 3 to 6 months expenses. If you've managed to get that emergency fund and you've managed to afford that big TV, but things went sour for you, the first thing you do is cut back on "luxuries" like cable, internet, x-box, etc.

If you've cut back and still find yourself near the end of your emergency fund, you start selling shit if you absolutely can't find any work anywhere. And you know damn well that woman will get more than $50 for that TV. Something that size sells for about a grand right now and she could easily unload it to someone for $500, especially this time of year when other people are spending big money on gifts, etc.

Her priorities have likely been screwed up from the beginning, which is why she needs assistance in the first place. The vast majority of people in this country have some fucked up priorities. Most people want everything NOW and don't want to work and save for anything. We're a culture of people that tend to only think about what we WANT and have forgotten to prioritize what we NEED, myself included. I'm damn lucky to have a good job and right now, I can afford my toys. But don't think for one second that I would hang on to toys if I fell on hard times. If my emergency fund ran out and I was jobless, I'd be selling all I could and cutting all I could in order to ensure I have what I NEED. I'd also be out there doing any damn thing I could legally do to make money, even if it meant shoveling shit.
credit and its mindset is the cancer killing this nation
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #57
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Does the white kid growing up in the projects have the same opportunities as the black kid growing up in the suburbs? Does that make that part of it a problem of race or a problem of economics?

Another issue is what do you mean by "we" when you say "we are just lazy good for nothings"?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I'm not saying that welfare rats aren't pathetic but there are reasons that there are more black people on welfare per capita than whites. Reasons OTHER than we are lazy or unwilling to work. Believe it or not... I am not playing the race card but we have come from being slaves to second/third class citizens to where we are now and it will take time to get on par with you. There is a distinct hierachy in this country whether you all want to admit it or not and the white male sits on top.

Beside, none of you REALLY understand what we go through or the obstacles that we have to face. You just don't. Anymore than I can understand what it's like to be white. Believe me, I'm not saying that white people don't have trials or problems. I know that's not the case but I do know with very intimate experience how things work in this country from both sides... I understand that a great deal of our problems come from our attitudes, inherited or otherwise. Quite frankly that is our greatest hurdle. The biggest white racist in the world doesn't hate us more than we hate ourselves, that's the truth.

Bottom line we ARE more likely to be on welfare. We ARE more likely to commit crimes/end up in prison. We ARE more likely to sire bastard children. We ARE more likely to drop out of school. We ARE more likely to have to resort to the military for a career. Etc. The truth is the truth but why?

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 12-18-2010 at 04:26 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #59
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Ah, all very valid questions, and I believe there are many answers...all valid.

It's really complex, hence my point that just saying Liberals is to blame is absurd.

Last edited by Avatard; 12-18-2010 at 04:24 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #60
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
credit and its mindset is the cancer killing this nation
True enough... the problem is that the "have nots" are trying to hard to live like the "haves"...