Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #61
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
my roommate in college had one of those...i wanted to kill the fucker. i didn't know that he got it, one day i hear what i thought a was hyena...needless to say it didn't last long

Really? I love them, they arent that different from my little dog, and about the same size. The noise is a little freaky, but if you do the research you know what to expect.

I'd really be interested in a larger feline, like a lynx or bobcat, but 1) i love my dog and she's not on the menu and 2) permits are difficult to obtain
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #62
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Really? I love them, they arent that different from my little dog, and about the same size. The noise is a little freaky, but if you do the research you know what to expect.

I'd really be interested in a larger feline, like a lynx or bobcat, but 1) i love my dog and she's not on the menu and 2) permits are difficult to obtain

When I had to get rid of my boa, the guy at the pet store offered to trade it for a snow leopard kitten some douche nozzle had ordered but never picked up. I was tempted but figured it would be stretching the apt. complex's cat rule a bit.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #63
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post

it freaked me out...he mentioned getting one, but didn't tell me about it.

he also had a gennet...speaking of feline type creatures...that was a badass animal!!

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #64
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
When I had to get rid of my boa, the guy at the pet store offered to trade it for a snow leopard kitten some douche nozzle had ordered but never picked up. I was tempted but figured it would be stretching the apt. complex's cat rule a bit.
oooooh, that would be awesome, but seeing as I am the size of a beast of prey for a cat that big, um no. Dog would be the appetizer, I'd end up the main course, unless I pulled a she-re and rode it around like a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
it freaked me out...he mentioned getting one, but didn't tell me about it.

he also had a gennet...speaking of feline type creatures...that was a badass animal!!
Beautiful creatures, I looked at those, and several of the exotics, theres a breeder down in P'cola who does all exotics...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #65
Rider
Moto GP Star

I never had a salt water tank but I had a 75 gallon African Cichlid tank. It wasn't hard to maintain once it was up and running. I'd do ~25% water change every other week. When I was gone I had one of those electric auto feeders. It worked great. I never had a fish die on me while I was gone.

I'm thinking about getting back into the hobby.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #66
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I loved my pet rabbit. The cage only needed to be cleaned about once a week, and was easy to take care of otherwise. If you go this route be sure to give it a couple days to get used to you before you handle it.. they like to bite when nervous. I had a wooden cage that was custom built for her and she loved it.. chewed the fucked thing like crazy though. My sisters also had rabbits, and they loved to socialize with each other and people.

My neighbor had a few guinie pigs, and they were cool. I loved to poke them to make them squeal, but I guess that can get annoying after a while.

My neighbors also had several birds. The big tropical parrots were bad ass, but kinda loud. The tiny cockatiels were all right and not obnoxiously loud. Over all they were easy to maintain with the right cages and food bowls.

When you guys say Beta, do you mean Fighter Fish? Because my sister and I had 2 and they were cool to look at. I had a decent size fresh water tank too, and that was a bitch to clean..
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #67
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Go to your local humane society and take these two:

http://search.petfinder.com/shelterS...ort=&preview=1

they look good together, and the pup is young enough to give you a few month to build your fence....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NC452.13548981-1-pn.jpg (37.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg NC452.13479697-1-pn.jpg (37.2 KB, 57 views)

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #68
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post

they look good together, and the pup is young enough to give you a few month to build your fence....

Didn't you fucking hear? He's not getting a GOD DAMN DOG!!! Jesus Christ will you give the guy a break?!? Besides, he also hates motherfucking cats! Where have you been? Holy Shit pay attention!

Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #69
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post

AHHHHHHH the cuteness! It burns! Damn you Cuttle!!!!!!!!!
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #70
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Didn't you fucking hear? He's not getting a GOD DAMN DOG!!! Jesus Christ will you give the guy a break?!? Besides, he also hates motherfucking cats! Where have you been? Holy Shit pay attention!

WHAT??????

If he wouldn't be to lazy to build a f'n fence we wouldn't even have this discussion....

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote