Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a fitness forum on here?
Yes 16 44.44%
No 14 38.89%
I get my fitness from Tater's whore of an ex-wife, so no forum needed 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #61
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Technically you can't turn fat into muscle.......It either just sits there or gets burned for fuel......it can't get "transformed" into muscle.
Sure can turn muscle to fat though, LoL!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #62
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I'm kind of the same way with my pace. I can run a 10K at the same pace as my 5K. I tell myself all the time after doing a half marathon that a 5K is nothing and I can run much faster than I do. WTF?

Good for you! I have no desire to do more than a half marathon but if someone else wants to run farther, then go for it. A good friend of mine went to California in early December for a 50 MILE trail run. I told her that she is nuts.
Correction it was a 50 MILE trail run not 100 mile. Not sure where I got that from.... either way is too damn far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
you should check out this dude
http://www.ultramarathonman.com/flash/

dean k... something or other... he's called the ultramarathon man... (ultra marathon is a 100miles) but the furthest he's run in a single go with out stopping ish 350 miles... took him 3 days... and he fell asleep running twice!

crazy story.

I don't know that I'll ever run the Boston Marathon... but it'd be cool to qualify. ya know?

but as of today I've never ran a race (apart from x country in HS) and the 10.35 miles I ran the other day... is the furthest I've ran since HS. I've never ran over 15 in my life... but I also don't feel like I HAVE to stop at 10... I feel like i have plenty left... so who knows...
That guy is nuts! I've probably ran 14 miles or so as my farthest between a warm up and then a half. Couldn't walk after my 1st half marathon, but have trained better since then and do OK afterward.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #63
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Here was the P90X workout for me today: Chest/Back (after about 5 or so minutes of stretching) 12 reps each
1. Standard pushups
2. Wide front pull ups
3. Military pushups
4. Reverse grip chin pull ups

2 mins ballistic stretches

5. Wide fly push ups
6. Closed grip overhand pull ups
7. Decline push ups
8. Heavy pant

2 mins mini stretch

9. Diamond push ups
10. Lawnmower (max reps)
11. Dive bomber pushups
12. Back fly

Repeat 12 exercises, but sequence is now 2, 1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 8, 7, 10, 9, 12, 11

Good workout, or garbage?
The main problem is there is too much volume, unless you plan on doing this once every 2-3 weeks. That and the fact that this is no loading phase or progression if you are going to continue on this path.

Most of these PX90 guys are fat...and this is exactly what it is targeted towards....super high reps/sets where the goal is to burn as many calories as possible within the gym time at the expense of muscle. But why? The reason for lifting isn't to burn calories, it's to build muscle. You burn calories by doing low intensity cardio in the AM and designing your diet around it. You should be sipping on a carb drink during your lifting.

Someone who is fairly lean wanting to build muscle will get little to nothing out of PX90..but again that is not it's intention, since if you want to make money you need to target the masses who can see gains quicker.

There are much better plans to loosing weight, gaining muscle etc..than alot of generic get ripped in 90 days scams.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #64
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Well, we seem to be discussing it here anyway, so tear it apart.
I would like to know what is wrong with it...

It works well for me because it gives direction, and keeps me on track and honest.
Otherwise, I just wander around the gym, do a couple sets of curls, check out the one chick in the gym, look at the bench and decide its too much work to put weights on the bar, get on the treadmill and run .25 miles before I remember I hate running on treadmills, check out the chick again, drink some water, do 50 sit ups while staring at the chick doing squats in front of me, look at the dip machine, talk to a buddy about the chick, wish they had more/better machines that I wouldn't use anyway, grab some dumbbells and not really do anything with them, check out chick again, weigh myself and cuss that I'm not losing weight, and then leave.
All in all, both take about the same amount of time, but one is a far better workout.
Well your problem is research. It's a "better" workout for you because you have no clue what to do, but in the grand scheme of things it sucks.

Get a body building online personal trainer that will give you diet and exercise help. Try to go for a year and ask everything. This way, things can be tweaked (diet wise and routines) to help you get to your goals.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 01-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #65
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Sure can turn muscle to fat though, LoL!
No...can't do that either. Fat is fat homeboy.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 01-21-2010, 03:35 AM   #66
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The main problem is there is too much volume, unless you plan on doing this once every 2-3 weeks. That and the fact that this is no loading phase or progression if you are going to continue on this path.

Most of these PX90 guys are fat...and this is exactly what it is targeted towards....super high reps/sets where the goal is to burn as many calories as possible within the gym time at the expense of muscle. But why? The reason for lifting isn't to burn calories, it's to build muscle. You burn calories by doing low intensity cardio in the AM and designing your diet around it. You should be sipping on a carb drink during your lifting.

Someone who is fairly lean wanting to build muscle will get little to nothing out of PX90..but again that is not it's intention, since if you want to make money you need to target the masses who can see gains quicker.

There are much better plans to loosing weight, gaining muscle etc..than alot of generic get ripped in 90 days scams.
spoken like someone who's never tried P90x... not saying it's god's gift... but it's obvious you've not even tried it.

they stress that if you want bulk to do no more than 10 reps... and you should be struggling to get that last two or three... if you want definition... do 15-16.

like I said... P90x may not work for everyone... but it's not a scam just to loose weight.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #67
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
spoken like someone who's never tried P90x... not saying it's god's gift... but it's obvious you've not even tried it.

they stress that if you want bulk to do no more than 10 reps... and you should be struggling to get that last two or three... if you want definition... do 15-16.

like I said... P90x may not work for everyone... but it's not a scam just to loose weight.
I agree. I like P90X. Its not for everyone but I think its a good program.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #68
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Well your problem is research. It's a "better" workout for you because you have no clue what to do, but in the grand scheme of things it sucks.

Get a body building online personal trainer that will give you diet and exercise help. Try to go for a year and ask everything. This way, things can be tweaked (diet wise and routines) to help you get to your goals.
So tell me this then. I have been lifting for years and I am pretty bulky. I want to cut up but I don't want to loose any muscle, just define what I have. What is the best routine for me? Last week I switched my program to do 4 sets of 20, doing 4 exercises per body part working each body part twice a week.

Last edited by Rider; 01-21-2010 at 09:09 AM..
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #69
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I did the Wii Fit last night, it told me I was old, so I threw it out the window. Bitch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #70
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I did the Wii Fit last night, it told me I was old, so I threw it out the window. Bitch...

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote