Old 05-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #61
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
Shutup Cracker!
LMFAO!!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #62
t-homo
WSB Champion

So if I can't see the post over there, does that mean I just got owned PG style? If any of you fuckers say yes, I am kicking your asses at Indy...

NtS, as bad as it is, that is pretty funny. I have tried to tone my language down and now just say nig-nog most of the time, but am trying to quit.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #63
Bassplayer
No, I dont play drums too

Moto: SV 650

i read it yesterday, and today permissions wont let me...
eh...dude. i havent been over there in hella days! Dude all my old posts are still at the top haha! its so freakin dead...

Old 05-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #64
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
oh i agree, i just couldnt think of what else they call white folks...but in any case, your right, white folks hear nasty things said about white folks all the time and are not offended...and thus part of the double standard...

and all the terms are quite offensive, and shouldn't be used by anyone, but we cant control others actions and words...

I still find topics regarding race interesting in that I don't understand the issue...perhaps 50-75 years ago it would make a difference...but these days i think most of us dont even see color or race...just people...
thats a step in the right direction, unfortunatly as long as everybody else still sees it you'll be subjected to it. One thing i cant stand is the issue of race and comedy. One of biggest reason racial stereotypes are perpetuated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I'm glad you can admit that. Seriously.

Vague, and not to their face doesn't make it any better. Or any less racist. Just food for thought.
I can admit it because im not a biggot, or a racist in any sense of the word. But i am a realist. the statistics showing the amount of crimes committed by black males against any other race is just enough to make me think twice about a shady character on the corner. You wear your seatbelt because crash statistics show its safer just like you lock your doors when rolling through the ghetto because statistics show that that demographic is prone to violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
just some 2 cents...perhaps a lil devils advocacy...

the "N" word is truly no different than many other names that are commonly used for other nationalities...

ex. Trailer trash - white folk
C***k - asian nationalities
W*****k - for hispanic

and the list goes on and on...

the meaning of the word however changes depending on intentions...

as for this comment : you're a tool if you think its improper for me to use the term but we can play it on the radio and blast it in our cars driving down the street.

i feel i must agree...it becomes more than a double standard when others use it in a derogatory fashion but are offended when someone other than themselves uses it...

should any of these terms be used? no, they shouldnt, but they are nonetheless...

also remember...depending on whos using it and how it is said makes a huge difference...

as in "my n***a" versus "you n****r"...

my adopted family (PR/Doms) can use the one without repercussion, whereas I as a white person cant...again double standards, but anyway...

just a thought i had...
I'll disagree, but only to a certain extent. White people can take a thrashing with name calling because, well, we're white. Black people take their disdain for the word nigger from the centuries of oppression and degradation it represents. Just like the oriental are offended by gook because of American foreign policy after WWII (Korea, Vietnam, etc etc), just like Mexicans are offended by derogatory names because it symbolizes americans disdain for their culture and immigration, just like Irish americans are offended by names due to their plight and low social status beginning in the eary twentieth century through the great depression, just like middle easterners are offended by Americas rabid "anti terrorism(which translates to anybody Muslim, dark skinned, or with an accent)" point of view, and it goes on and on.

White, middle class folks like me have nothing on us. somebody calls me a cracker, or white trash, its just like eh, so what, at least im still white.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #65
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
Shutup Cracker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
I can admit it because im not a biggot, or a racist in any sense of the word.
Good, I'm glad to hear it... (till I read the rest of your paragraph anyway)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
But i am a realist. the statistics showing the amount of crimes committed by black males against any other race is just enough to make me think twice about a shady character on the corner. You wear your seatbelt because crash statistics show its safer just like you lock your doors when rolling through the ghetto because statistics show that that demographic is prone to violence.
So are you suggesting that using racist terms like n***er are justified because of crime statistics? If that's what you're getting at, then please elaborate. Seriously, I'm just trying to get an understanding of what you're line of thinking is.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #66
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I think we have bigger problems than goofy combinations of grunts, moans, and wheezes... Words do not bother me. Then again, why would they... I'm a fat middle class white guy...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #67
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post

Good, I'm glad to hear it... (till I read the rest of your paragraph anyway)....

So are you suggesting that using racist terms like n***er are justified because of crime statistics? If that's what you're getting at, then please elaborate. Seriously, I'm just trying to get an understanding of what you're line of thinking is.
No, im saying that a lot of the negative stereotypes (often associated with the n word) about black people are only perpetuated by the abundance of statistics that surround their race. Yet very few find it offensive that media geared towards the black community, instead of trying to disassociate itself with these negative stereotypes, insists on feeding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I think we have bigger problems than goofy combinations of grunts, moans, and wheezes... Words do not bother me. Then again, why would they... I'm a fat middle class white guy...
osp has it right on. Words themselves carry no meaning, its the thought behind them that in lies the real message.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #68
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
exactly...

apparently my parents weren't the only ones who taught sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #69
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
exactly...

apparently my parents weren't the only ones who taught sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.
You know what makes me want to euthanize entire maternity wards?

'Disrespect'

"He disrespected me..."

Grow the fuck up. You're punkass probably disrespects 99.9% of the people you come into contact with, but for some fucking reason you are somehow entitled to extraordinary levels of respect just because you inhale O2 and exhale CO2.

Every time I hear someone freaking out about being disrespected I just want to slap the gold teeth out of their retarded faces.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #70
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

i wish you still lived in ohio so we could go visit some malls in c-bus so i could see that first hand.