Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #61
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There are a few corners good for making passes on straightline queens when the leaves are off the trees. When you ride a 600 you have to find ways to take 1000s that suck at corners but gas it in the straights because they are too douchebaggy to give a wave by.
I can't stand throttle jockeys. They got Litres with all kinds of HP mods but they can't take a turn worth a shit. Which is fine, beats them running into a tree. But once they get a straight they gas it and go and then you are caught up to them again. The benefit is if you let them get a good ways ahead of you they will draw the cops attention.

Now when you guys hit US129 at Blood Mountian. You get super sharp turns with two lanes going one way. Nothing beats taking on some squid on their brand new Litre on my POS 600 ont he inside of a turn (Or better yet the outside of a turn). Then some old fart on a bagged BMW comes by and blows me away which I know had to really hurt the litres feelings.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #62
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There are a few corners good for making passes on straightline queens when the leaves are off the trees. When you ride a 600 you have to find ways to take 1000s that suck at corners but gas it in the straights because they are too douchebaggy to give a wave by.
Yeah, I've seen some of those guys too. First time I was there, I rode the gap from TN to NC and then went across the Cherohala to Tellico Plains. On the Cherohala I caught up to a guy on a harley that played that game. Would use the whole lane and take the corners at.....get this....30-40mph (I was asleep at that speed :P ) I finally just had to downshift in a turn, ride his ass and pass him on a double yellow to get around him. He tried to race me but I blew by him, hit the next turn at 65 or 70 and never saw him again. I followed him a good while before he pissed me off enough to do that. He knew I was there.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #63
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I can't stand throttle jockeys. They got Litres with all kinds of HP mods but they can't take a turn worth a shit. Which is fine, beats them running into a tree. But once they get a straight they gas it and go and then you are caught up to them again. The benefit is if you let them get a good ways ahead of you they will draw the cops attention.

Now when you guys hit US129 at Blood Mountian. You get super sharp turns with two lanes going one way. Nothing beats taking on some squid on their brand new Litre on my POS 600 ont he inside of a turn (Or better yet the outside of a turn). Then some old fart on a bagged BMW comes by and blows me away which I know had to really hurt the litres feelings.

Well,you won't have to worry about me,I'll be more than happy to hang in the back and let you boys go! My go fast days are far behind me.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #64
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well,you won't have to worry about me,I'll be more than happy to hang in the back and let you boys go! My go fast days are far behind me.
Then why do you have such a kick ass go fast bike?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #65
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

What a douche.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 AM   #66
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
then why do you have such a kick ass go fast bike?

FUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
What a douche.
and YOU!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #67
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Yeah, I've seen some of those guys too. First time I was there, I rode the gap from TN to NC and then went across the Cherohala to Tellico Plains. On the Cherohala I caught up to a guy on a harley that played that game. Would use the whole lane and take the corners at.....get this....30-40mph (I was asleep at that speed :P ) I finally just had to downshift in a turn, ride his ass and pass him on a double yellow to get around him. He tried to race me but I blew by him, hit the next turn at 65 or 70 and never saw him again. I followed him a good while before he pissed me off enough to do that. He knew I was there.
My first time up in Suches I was on a 1994 Yamaha SecaII. Not a fast bike by any means.

I got stuck behind this guy on a badass looking rat chopper with except he had some ugly ass Chrom Ape hangers that a 9ft chimp would struggle holding on to and a super super fat rear. He would go uber slow through the turns. I wasn't fast but much faster than him. When I got to a straight he'd rip on the throttle as soon as I tried to pass. My bike had no TQ and was hard for me to get up in RPMs. Finally I got pissed and just eeked by him enough and then came back into his lane causing him to get on the brakes (Or I should say REAR brake) hard.

I'm not going to try and wreck someone or harass an obvious newbie on the twisties. But when you act like a dick I don't give a fuck if the Pope is on that chopper. I'll put your ass in a ditch.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #68
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
My first time up in Suches I was on a 1994 Yamaha SecaII. Not a fast bike by any means.

I got stuck behind this guy on a badass looking rat chopper with except he had some ugly ass Chrom Ape hangers that a 9ft chimp would struggle holding on to and a super super fat rear. He would go uber slow through the turns. I wasn't fast but much faster than him. When I got to a straight he'd rip on the throttle as soon as I tried to pass. My bike had no TQ and was hard for me to get up in RPMs. Finally I got pissed and just eeked by him enough and then came back into his lane causing him to get on the brakes (Or I should say REAR brake) hard.

I'm not going to try and wreck someone or harass an obvious newbie on the twisties. But when you act like a dick I don't give a fuck if the Pope is on that chopper. I'll put your ass in a ditch.

Note to self; Let Smittie pass whenever he wants.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #69
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
werd
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #70
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Not whenever. Just don't take a turn at 15mph where grandmas do it at 45mph in their Buicks because your rear tire has a curvature of a conveyer belt. And when someone wants to pass, you rip on your gas and prevent them from passing you. I'm I'm riding you like a jackass then you need to put me in the ditch.

But my little air-cooled SecaII couldn't compete with a 1800cc custom chopper motor for those quick bursts of speed. And my 96 600cc F3 can't get past some squid on a 2008 R1 who can't negotiate a turn but can wheelie down the straights.