Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #71
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Its like everyone forgot the 5-3 victory USA had. How many Canadian suicides occurred then?

Each team one game, Canada won the one that counted.

And saying shit like USA only played 15 minutes of hockey is hilarious. They didn't have a great game, but the score was only 3-2 at the end. With a great equalizer to get to OT.

Canada deserves it but don't act like it wasn't close or anything. And out of all the sour grapes around here, how come no one mentioned the over all metal tally for each country?

I don't follow hockey at all so I consider myself rather unbiased. Atlanta has a team and they blow.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.

Last edited by Quick281; 03-03-2010 at 06:33 AM..
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #72
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Biggest crime: Miller didn't play against the Pens last night. Though, they did give him a standing O in Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #73
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Biggest crime: Miller didn't play against the Pens last night. Though, they did give him a standing O in Pittsburgh.
That's a shame. Why let him rest, he's got momentum? Rafalski played Monday against the Avalanche.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #74
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That's a shame. Why let him rest, he's got momentum? Rafalski played Monday against the Avalanche.
he needed a break after all that esp with the sabres struggling. they have games against pittsburgh and washington now, then get a few days off. I figure they will start him tonight at home then give him some time off.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #75
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That guy on ESPN was spouting off about how he hasn't slept yet since the Olympics, blah blah. Way to kill some ratings by sitting this guy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #76
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That guy on ESPN was spouting off about how he hasn't slept yet since the Olympics, blah blah. Way to kill some ratings by sitting this guy.
Was that barry melrose? I saw something yesterday how they were debating how he should have played.

I did think it was cool that he got a bigger/louder ovation than crosby.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #77
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Was that barry melrose? I saw something yesterday how they were debating how he should have played.

I did think it was cool that he got a bigger/louder ovation than crosby.
Yeah Melrose. I can see both sides. The guy certainly deserved a break. He earned it. But damn. Think about the hype they coulda run...Miller vs Crosby Round 2.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #78
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Its like everyone forgot the 5-3 victory USA had. How many Canadian suicides occurred then?

Each team one game, Canada won the one that counted.

And saying shit like USA only played 15 minutes of hockey is hilarious. They didn't have a great game, but the score was only 3-2 at the end. With a great equalizer to get to OT.

Canada deserves it but don't act like it wasn't close or anything. And out of all the sour grapes around here, how come no one mentioned the over all metal tally for each country?

I don't follow hockey at all so I consider myself rather unbiased. Atlanta has a team and they blow.
Overall medal tally? Are you proud of winning more runner up prizes??

AND, if they still tallied the medals on the old point system, 10 for gold, 5 for silver and 1 for bronze, we'd have beaten you by 2 points..

I actually had this debate with somebody recently, if the USA won 10 gold, and Chinda had 25 bronze, who did better at the olympics?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #79
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Overall medal tally? Are you proud of winning more runner up prizes??

AND, if they still tallied the medals on the old point system, 10 for gold, 5 for silver and 1 for bronze, we'd have beaten you by 2 points..

I actually had this debate with somebody recently, if the USA won 10 gold, and Chinda had 25 bronze, who did better at the olympics?
I agree. Canada owned the Olympics. Gold is the only thing that matters.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #80
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
I agree. Canada owned the Olympics. Gold is the only thing that matters.
And I'm absolutely not talking shit about the US teams. They did a great job and had an amazing medal showing.

I just kind of liken it to somebody talking smack to a guy who owns one Ferrari because that guy owns TWO Cavaliers. Two is obviously better than one, despite the quality and performance, right??
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote