Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #71
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Does anyone else also notice that were there are less restrictions on how you can transport a gun in your car the more polite drivers are? People's attitude change when they aren't quite sure wether you have a gun and how mentally stable you are vs knowing that 99% chance you don't have one.
You consider it a good thing that people are afriad to speak their mind for fear that the other person has a gun and may use it? Carriers seem to be more aggressive drivers IMO.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #72
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Carriers seem to be more aggressive drivers IMO.
I would agree with this statement if you add one word.....ILLEGAL carriers seem to be more aggressive drivers.
Those with a legal CCL (that I know) don't seem to be too much in a hurry to lose it (or use it) due to a road rage situation
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Just for the record and I don't speak for anyone else . I don't have a CCL because I am a bad ass just the opposite in fact. at 55 I have survived 3 "Cardiac Events" 3 significant accidents and half a dozen or so injuries that impact my ability to put down a good hundred yard dash. I am no longer a match for an obsessed 24 year old who believes that my property or my wife's should fund his pop rock collection (although frankly if it were just about cash I would probably give it up. I am an armed citizen because now we have a class of criminal that believes harming you and your loved one is necessary and in many cases is the part of robbing they like. I am also an armed citizen because monsters exist and they love gun free zones because they know only them and there kind will be armed there. At the risk of repeating trite slogans. I am armed because when seconds count the Police are only minutes away. Oh and another one, "The best end to an armed robbery is a dead robber.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #74
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
You consider it a good thing that people are afriad to speak their mind for fear that the other person has a gun and may use it? Carriers seem to be more aggressive drivers IMO.
I mean people tend to not cut you off (endagering you) and then go apeshit road rage on you and endanger you when they aren't sure if you have a gun. I've been in IL for 2 weeks and I've already had my fill with overaggresive douchebags who try to intimidate you with their car knowing you won't fire a gun back at them. I've never had anything close to as bad as the dip shits I've had here in my 2 week stay in IL. That includes Chicago and central IL.

Wait at a traffic light in Chicago for 0.00000000000000000001 second after it turns green and you get 40 horns going at you. I saw in one case a person throw a coke bottle at the car in front of them. In Georgia (even Atlanta) you'd have to wait at least 3 seconds to get a small tap of the horn and 5 seconds for a full on horn smack down.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #75
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Bet you haven't considered the other possibility that in places that accept the responsibility of Concealed Carry it is because they behave more responsibly in general.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #76
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
So how did that work out for those poor people standing around minding their own business?

One gun was bad enough....everyone with a gun blasting away at the same time?

Whole bunch of innocent people shot for nothing.

Fucking Police can't shoot straight and I'm gonna count on some CCL wanna be bad ass to not cap me on accident? No thanks....

More guns isn't the answer no matter how hard you try to rationalize it.
My only point in this case was that, hey, here's current news demonstrating my assertion that police are just as likely to miss in a crisis. A point that you disputed.

But now that there's "data to support (my) statement," you decide that it actually supports your stance against private gun ownership? It's clear, then, that you are simply reaching for your position to be proven. Because I think anyone who approaches the subject even semi-objectively can admit that when a person already has a gun and is intent on killing multiple people, it is only a gun or many guns that will stop him.

You can leave your fate to the police if you wish. They may or may not shoot you while they're trying to help you. I will take responsibility for my own life.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #77
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

This guy had his with him. Waiting for updates to see how many shots he fired and how many hit the perp. http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/...er-dead/nRLjK/

Last edited by Captain Morgan; 08-29-2012 at 06:41 PM..
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #78
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

The point is, adding more guns to a situation that already has one gun too many can't possibly be the answer....as a shoot out in front of the Empire State Building proves.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #79
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
The point is, adding more guns to a situation that already has one gun too many can't possibly be the answer....as a shoot out in front of the Empire State Building proves.
Gotcha, so we should take the guns away from cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #80
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
You keep repeating that mantra. If "adding more guns" isn't the answer to stop a rampaging gunman, how do you propose to stop him?

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote