Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #71
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
X1,000,000,000

Hell my GRAMMA even always said you never know a person until you live with them. Seriously... it's those little day to day habits and idiosyncracies that give you insight into a person (not to mention that with living together comes shared financial obligations -- VERY important!)
I saw stats somewhere (yes, I know numbers can say anything you want) that stated the divorce rate is higher for people who live together prior to marriage than those that don't. However, I can see how those numbers can easily be skewed based on the age ranges of the people in the stats. Most of our grandparents didn't live together prior to marriage because it was a sin. They also didn't get divorced because it was a sin. Our generation isn't worried at all about living together prior to marriage, nor are they shy to divorce. Therefore, the rate of divorce would be higher for those living together prior to marriage. I'd like to see true stats on this based on specific generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
In most states, there are laws to protect you from situations like this. I used to have my Real Estate license in Texas... and the code here is such that you need to be given 30-days notice on any eviction. You are not required to have a lease, or even a signature on anything stating you live there. What you need, is to have so much as a toothbrush on site... person items... and to have not been hiding the fact that you were living there. In other words, if I put up a tent and camped on your front lawn for longer than seven days you would need to send me a 30-day notice of eviction if you wanted me to leave.

Why didn't you get ALL your stuff out of there when the cop was there?

I would have gotten it all out... then talk to the management. You might not be able to get out of the lease. That is if it is, in fact, in your name. You will have to have someone else take up the lease, probably him. They may or may not agree to it, and it's usually in their favor.
I believe Indiana the law is 7 days. I use to be an apartment manager and our leases said we could request the tenant to move out within 7 days based on certain circumstances. The lease held up in court many times. Had a situation where we took one guy to court who was late on rent. Got the lawyer to push for as early a date as possible to get this guy out of the apartment. Got the date set within a few days. The guy tried to use the 30 day argument. The judge told him to get out of the apartment immediately.

I do know there are some "professional renters" in some states who will move from apartment to apartment, paying as little rent as possible because of that 30 day rule, so I think it depends on the state as to how long they can stay. And you are correct, the leases are usually to the benefit of the landlord. Hell, it's even possible she could get in trouble if her name is the only one on the lease and other people are living in the place without the landlord's permission.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #72
Mistress Maygin
Megatron

Moto: Nothing yet, but hoping for something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
In most states, there are laws to protect you from situations like this. I used to have my Real Estate license in Texas... and the code here is such that you need to be given 30-days notice on any eviction. You are not required to have a lease, or even a signature on anything stating you live there. What you need, is to have so much as a toothbrush on site... person items... and to have not been hiding the fact that you were living there. In other words, if I put up a tent and camped on your front lawn for longer than seven days you would need to send me a 30-day notice of eviction if you wanted me to leave.

Why didn't you get ALL your stuff out of there when the cop was there?

I would have gotten it all out... then talk to the management. You might not be able to get out of the lease. That is if it is, in fact, in your name. You will have to have someone else take up the lease, probably him. They may or may not agree to it, and it's usually in their favor.

It;s the same here. If the landlord did randomly take me off the lease, I can sue him. But my guess is that the stupid boy was just trying to threaten me without realizing I'd call his bluff. More proof that he didn't pay too much attention to who I was, like I'd told him.

I'm calling the landlord tomorrow to speak with him about it. I will try to get out of the lease, if I can't, I will kick them out and keep the place for myself. It's a nice place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
So what did you do in your sleep to piss him off? Start moaning another dude's name?
Supposedly he tried to kiss me or something and I turned away.

I guess he was disgusting to me even when I was sleeping. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I saw stats somewhere (yes, I know numbers can say anything you want) that stated the divorce rate is higher for people who live together prior to marriage than those that don't. However, I can see how those numbers can easily be skewed based on the age ranges of the people in the stats. Most of our grandparents didn't live together prior to marriage because it was a sin. They also didn't get divorced because it was a sin. Our generation isn't worried at all about living together prior to marriage, nor are they shy to divorce. Therefore, the rate of divorce would be higher for those living together prior to marriage. I'd like to see true stats on this based on specific generations.

I believe Indiana the law is 7 days. I use to be an apartment manager and our leases said we could request the tenant to move out within 7 days based on certain circumstances. The lease held up in court many times. Had a situation where we took one guy to court who was late on rent. Got the lawyer to push for as early a date as possible to get this guy out of the apartment. Got the date set within a few days. The guy tried to use the 30 day argument. The judge told him to get out of the apartment immediately.

I do know there are some "professional renters" in some states who will move from apartment to apartment, paying as little rent as possible because of that 30 day rule, so I think it depends on the state as to how long they can stay. And you are correct, the leases are usually to the benefit of the landlord. Hell, it's even possible she could get in trouble if her name is the only one on the lease and other people are living in the place without the landlord's permission.
Yeah, the lease says two, I wrote his name in, but mine is the only signature. The whole thing was very friendly. The landlord made it clear we could stay and go whenever we pleased. BUT, if he wanted to throw me on the street, I've got issue with that. My mother works for a real estate attorney, so I have some good advice coming to me.
So lovely, it feels so right

I want to hold you close
Soft breath, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart
Mistress Maygin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #73
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Well...if you're looking for roomates........
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #74
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

MistressMaygin,

I know that you are feeling down and such because of the brouhaha. I volunteer to fly you out to SoCal for a weekend of debauchery and sexual perversion with me being the meat and you and another chick being the breads.

It's not just the sexual debauchery either, we can even cuddle and hold hands afterward, take a drive up the Pacific coast with the convertible's top down, have a nice picnic complete with French champagne and everything.

What says you?

I normally don't do this sort of thing without monetary compensation, but for a forum member in distress, I'd do it for free.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #75
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
nice guys finish last. i say toss 'em all!!

QFT

if by nice guys you mean boys. real men handle a situation and deal with the consequences. not try to weasle their way out of it to save face.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #76
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Im just waiting to see how long it takes until poor MM gets added to osp's conquest thread once he realizes theres a vulnerable girl near him.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #77
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Im just waiting to see how long it takes until poor MM gets added to osp's conquest thread once he realizes theres a vulnerable girl near him.
Shouldn't be long.
vabarber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #78
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maygin View Post
The boyfriend and I have been having issues lately and yesterday it all came to a head. He blamed me for his having seizures and ruining his birthday (apparently because of something I did in my sleep?) and basically called me every name in the book attempting to make me feel like shit.

Today I found out that he decided to talk shit to some of my oldest friends, who have thus turned on me as a result.

I came home today and started to put my things in the other room. He informed me that as I am a psychotic whore, he had me taken off the lease and to have my things out of the house immediately. He has no problem with me living on the street, calling me a whore, and ruining my friendships, but still claims he loves me?!?!
It sounds more like you had a great day. The day you realized he was a crazy douchebag and you got rid of him.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #79
Mistress Maygin
Megatron

Moto: Nothing yet, but hoping for something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
It sounds more like you had a great day. The day you realized he was a crazy douchebag and you got rid of him.
This is true. It was just terribly stressful. I hate drama, and hate the fact that he had to haul all of our shit out in the open in front of our roommates. And go to MY friend of almost a decade to bitch about me. Especially because it was all delusional the shit he was saying. I'm glad it's over, and that I realized early enough what a douche he is. As long as he keeps things kosher at work we'll be fine. He accused me of screwing my new ASM, so if he says anything to him or tries to start shit he has a nice surprise waiting for him. I told my ASM not to touch him, and if the ex hits him to just call the cops. But I doubt he would, he's all talk.
So lovely, it feels so right

I want to hold you close
Soft breath, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart
Mistress Maygin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #80
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maygin View Post
This is true. It was just terribly stressful. I hate drama, and hate the fact that he had to haul all of our shit out in the open in front of our roommates. And go to MY friend of almost a decade to bitch about me. Especially because it was all delusional the shit he was saying. I'm glad it's over, and that I realized early enough what a douche he is. As long as he keeps things kosher at work we'll be fine. He accused me of screwing my new ASM, so if he says anything to him or tries to start shit he has a nice surprise waiting for him. I told my ASM not to touch him, and if the ex hits him to just call the cops. But I doubt he would, he's all talk.

O my GOD MM!! Are you fucking kidding me? You were dating and living with someone you work with? Man that was absolutely doomed imho!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote