Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: How often do you want to see them?
Once a week. 1 2.13%
Twice a week. 6 12.77%
Three times a week. 20 42.55%
Every day. 16 34.04%
I never want to see Tater's Whore of an Ex Wife again! 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #81
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
As nicely as I can put this, some of you guys are assholes. I know that you know this, and you're proud of that fact. I wouldn't be.

One thing that stands out to me is this. The kind of women you guys want that will put up with being treated like dirt and talked down to, yeah, that's not my cup of tea. I wouldn't be proud of treating someone like that.

I'm with Smiley on this one. I'm not afraid to say what's in my mind or in my heart. I have emotions, and I do share them. I don't feel the need to hide them to make myself seem more *macho* to anybody.

The girls that get tired of putting up with bullshit from guys like you will eventually come looking for guys like me.

I finally found mine. Sorry ladies, I'm off the market.
U huh, here's my rebuttal as nicely as I can put it... From what I've been told, there are quite a few things that have happened that aren't openly shared on this board but must have been general knowledge back on CF. You think that I'm an asshole but you don't know exactly how I treat my gfs. Several will tell you that I was the best bf that they have ever had, I guarantee it. It's funny but you all keep saying that we should speak our minds but when we do we're "assholes". I feel like I feel for a reason, I tell a girl exactly how I feel and what I expect from her and our relationship. If it's not what you think is "right and proper..." too bad. I don't have to buy expensive things, raise other guy's kids or pay for expensive cosmetic surgeries to hold on to a girl either... Maybe, I'm wrong and maybe I'll die all alone in my misery or maybe I'll be 60 and banging a 25 year old stripper... only time will tell. A lot of you assume that the only way to be happy and content is to live the way that you do...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #82
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

You guys can live like you want this isnt an intervention. BUT your missing some of what is going on with us ' sensitive guys' We arent swallowing shyte and playing the weak boy. We share our feelings good or bad. That gives the relationship DEPTH. Sex aint the end all be all to companionship and that is why we can see them everyday. Its mutual, its all encompassing, its friendship, lust, support, trust, hope. All rolled up in a lifelong deal. You dont get it because you dont want that. Fine, I'm cool with that. And Tigger, that is why my first marriage didnt work. Not because i wimped out and let my emotions show, but because I knew marriage could be more than what she offered and told her it just wasnt good enough.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #83
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
But its not like you havent had numerous 'I was sooo good to her, and she still left me' kinda posts back on cf before you met her.....
You are absolutely right. I put up with my fair share of BS. I could write a book. I've never said I didn't. I never changed how I treated anybody because of that. Some people say *so-and-so treated me badly, so now I'm a get mine and the they'll either take it or leave it kind of guy.*.

Apoc, I know for a fact you've had a couple of pretty good relationships that you've talked about before. In fact, truth be told, I'd be willing to bet you're a big ol' teddy bear, but don't worry, I won't spread that word around. LOL

For Tigger, assuming that you have been up front like you say about your relationships and what you expect from them, then I can't talk to that. As long as both parties know what's expected from the start, it's all good.

I'm not going to sit here and judge anybody on how they treat their SOs. I have my opinions of course, as does every other person here. Based on how *I* treat people, there are those that I think are jerks. However, we all feel that way about others.

I like you guys. Really I do. Well, most of you anyway. LOL
Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #84
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Hahaha, feelings FTL. This thread makes me love my wife even more. Thank God I found a woman who appreciates my lack of emotion and such.

And yea, I'm an asshole, and yea...I don't care. But we are a team.
Yea those poor downtrodden women who don't find cute notes on the mirror or breakfast in bed...however do they put up with us animals?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #85
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Apoc, I know for a fact you've had a couple of pretty good relationships that you've talked about before. In fact, truth be told, I'd be willing to bet you're a big ol' teddy bear, but don't worry, I won't spread that word around. LOL

LOL
I treat my women very well, spoil them even.

But I dont give them the upper hand either man. When I say no, its no. When I say yes its yes. I dont ask permission, ever, and I dont feel the need to shower people with affection constantly. Sure, if I loved a girl, i'd tell her. But dont expect me to be mushy about it, or say it all the time, in front of others, etc, etc..

Im not talking cuddling while watching a movie, or doing something nice for someone. Im talking about all these guys I see who let their women walk all over them, like they are worried its the last piece of pussy they could ever get. And its widespread and rampant. Its disgusting.

And, im not opposed to finding the right one, im just not sure I believe she's out there. And thats more because of my own faults, than any other womans faults.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #86
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
You guys can live like you want this isnt an intervention. BUT your missing some of what is going on with us ' sensitive guys' We arent swallowing shyte and playing the weak boy. We share our feelings good or bad. That gives the relationship DEPTH. Sex aint the end all be all to companionship and that is why we can see them everyday. Its mutual, its all encompassing, its friendship, lust, support, trust, hope. All rolled up in a lifelong deal. You dont get it because you dont want that. Fine, I'm cool with that. And Tigger, that is why my first marriage didnt work. Not because i wimped out and let my emotions show, but because I knew marriage could be more than what she offered and told her it just wasnt good enough.
Oh I get that YOU gave it your all but you guys are basically saying that your approach GUARANTEES a happy, healthy relationship and I know, and you know that it just isn't true. Besides, some guys aren't cut out for your type of approach, it's just that simple and again as you know, some women don't respond to what you have to offer... I'm not trying to say that you guys are wrong, in fact I was having what I consider a decent "conversation, when I was called an "asshole".... The difference is, I'm not saying that you are "wrong" in your approach, I'm saying that it is wrong for me. It doesn't work...period. Not everyone can, will or wants to live the way you guys do. I honestly couldn't handle it. At least I was smart enough to get fixed and realized it before I entered another "lifetime" contract that I couldn't fulfill.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #87
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:

But I dont give them the upper hand either man. When I say no, its no. When I say yes its yes. I dont ask permission, ever, and I dont feel the need to shower people with affection constantly. Sure, if I loved a girl, i'd tell her. But dont expect me to be mushy about it, or say it all the time, in front of others, etc, etc..

Im not talking cuddling while watching a movie, or doing something nice for someone. Im talking about all these guys I see who let their women walk all over them, like they are worried its the last piece of pussy they could ever get. And its widespread and rampant. Its disgusting.

And, im not opposed to finding the right one, im just not sure I believe she's out there. And thats more because of my own faults, than any other womans faults.
But this post seems pretty much the opposite of what you posted earlier. THIS is what a reasonable woman should expect IMO.

Not that women are reasonable by any means, but apparently you arent the douche you were trying to appear before.

My hubby's outlook is very much like this, and he is very good at telling me NO when Im being a shit and that goes a loooong way towards my level of respect for him, he's not a wimp, but neither is he a dick about things. I couldnt respect someone who just rolls over and takes it from me.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #88
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:

But this post seems pretty much the opposite of what you posted earlier. THIS is what a reasonable woman should expect IMO.

Not that women are reasonable by any means, but apparently you arent the douche you were trying to appear before.

My hubby's outlook is very much like this, and he is very good at telling me NO when Im being a shit and that goes a loooong way towards my level of respect for him, he's not a wimp, but neither is he a dick about things. I couldnt respect someone who just rolls over and takes it from me.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #89
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Me too! My gf will tell you that no one has ever treated her with more respect and honesty or been more upfront in a relationship...granted she's not an old campaigner by any means! I do lots of things for my SO when I want to, not because I feel that I have to. There is a difference.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #90
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
THIS is what a reasonable woman should expect IMO.

Not that women are reasonable by any means.
This about says it all...

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote