Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R
Default Silly Cagers

Ever Just Follow Someone Knowing Full well they SHOULD get pulled over, then they DO get pulled over??

I was on my way home from work this evening, Its the same 48 mile drive I take every night so I know where the cops are and how fast I can go safely without causing trouble...Well Captain BMW In front of me decides he wants to push the Limit a little...Speed limit is 55, I set my Cruise everyday I go to and from work at 60...No more no less, and Pass state troopers all day long wihtout so much as a blink of an eye.

Well this jerkoff wants to do 70...I was REALLY antsy to get home so I said ok Captain BMW lets set it at 65...He was pulling away at a pretty good clip...Not 2 miles up the road on an uphill crest...Here comes Mr State Trooper like clockwork...He passes Captain BMW...Hard on the Brakes...Passes Me, I use my cruise control to slow to 60...State Trooper turns around gets behind me, I pull over to the shoulder he Blows by me and Lights up the Cherries...

I literally chuckled the entire way home.

Now If I was on the Bike...There may have been a Diff story behind all of this

Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I often wonder if the people I see driving like absolute jerk off's on the highway ever get pulled over. Nice to see someone actually saw it!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I often wonder if the people I see driving like absolute jerk off's on the highway ever get pulled over. Nice to see someone actually saw it!
yeah same here...

I see the dipshits in the BMW's Jags and Mercedez driving like bat's outta hell (seirously if you paid that much for a nice vehicle, would you treat it that way?)..... and I just say as I watch them shoot by me. "Thta's fine, you go catch that trooper up ahead..."

i think i've only seen that happen like once, and it was back home in Tx.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

70 in a 55 zone?

THE HORROR!

It sounds like a very traumatic experience, are you sure you're OK?

JC
Old 06-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Im fine...The jerkoff in the BMW Was going 70...I was only going a mere 65...LMAO.

And Staties around here are tough...15 over is no joke to them
Old 06-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I did a few months ago. I was going home from the ER on a sun morning. Speed limit in NYC is 50, I was humming along at around 65 (also know where the cops hide. ) Anyway a BMW passes me and they were fookin moving so much my car shook as they passed me. I am figuring they were going well over 100. few seconds later a hwy cop blows by me just as fast, I figure man someones in trouble if he catches them. By the time I caught up to the scene the driver was out and in cuffs already. City hwy doesnt cut anyone a break so I know this guy was screwed.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I've seen a chase Well...An Attempt of a chase.

Guy in a c5 ZO6 was Fucking HAULING ass down 295...I mean he made me look like i was standing still it was Silly...

a Full Minute later FOUR Staties were Hauling ass...Dude was out...Couple miles down the road I see them all pulled over probably talking shit b/c they couldnt catch the guy...He ducked off an exit and just ran.

I've ran from the Police Twice, Both times I was like WTF Am I doing...Then I got away and vowed I'd never do it again...But If I knew where I was and KNEW I could duck off an exit and run..I probably would...Most cops arent kind when they see you barreling down the highway at 100+

Which leads me to ask...If your a cop and a bike blows by you at 130+...think he would even Budge??
Old 06-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I've seen a chase Well...An Attempt of a chase.

Guy in a c5 ZO6 was Fucking HAULING ass down 295...I mean he made me look like i was standing still it was Silly...

a Full Minute later FOUR Staties were Hauling ass...Dude was out...Couple miles down the road I see them all pulled over probably talking shit b/c they couldnt catch the guy...He ducked off an exit and just ran.

I've ran from the Police Twice, Both times I was like WTF Am I doing...Then I got away and vowed I'd never do it again...But If I knew where I was and KNEW I could duck off an exit and run..I probably would...Most cops arent kind when they see you barreling down the highway at 100+

Which leads me to ask...If your a cop and a bike blows by you at 130+...think he would even Budge??
Some cops I have spoken to wont even bother since they wont be able to catch them. With my luck I would come across the one that would come after me. In and around NYC I am better off taking my chances with the pba cards and hospital ED. Once the see your an ER guy they change their tune since we take care of them if theyre hurt. Plus I wont be doing 150 down a major hwy so whatever they try to get me for will be relativeley minor.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Yeah I wouldnt Fuck around with NYC Police.

I've always wanted to ride up to the City at like 2am though and do a latenight photoshoot around parts of the city...
Old 06-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #10
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I have expierenced this... blew by a cop at abt 125 or so... looked in the mirror and he was pulling out. I'm thinking WTF... its nearly dark, the cruiser (crown vic) is limited at 135... by pure math if I just maintained my speed by the time he got to 100 I'd have a couple mile jump on him easy. I twist the throttle and now going 150-170... straight highway. Pure stupid but better than being caugt at 125 in a 70.

And I never ever got off the highway when running... that is what they expect. Instead...160+ and just go on my merry way.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote