Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

You do one hell of a job man. Really nice work.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #32
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You do one hell of a job man. Really nice work.
Thanks. I'm starting to miss it now.

Here is some nasty leather. This was a Jeep Cherokee, they owned two dogs and they just destroyed this Jeep. They owned a business and were heading to a trade show which they were going to make a business/vacation trip. So they wanted it cleaned up and they were also thinking about selling it soon. I couldn't believe it when I had to quote it. I had to charge them extra for this one.

The first one is the seat almost half done. I had to use a degreaser then a leather cleaner on these seats. This was before the leather cleaner. I did about 90-95% of these Jeep by myself. It took about 8 hours including buffing the exterior which was in rough shape.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7718.JPG (56.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 7692.JPG (66.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 7694.JPG (61.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 7744.JPG (59.7 KB, 17 views)
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #33
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
This is what I used most of the time for pet hair.

James
I have one of those! It doesn't work on pug fur. They are like little needles that burrow themselves into the fabric and won't let go. If i pick her up and am wearing a black shirt, i have to bust out the vacuum and vacuum myself. Heck there are times when I vaccuum, I stick the brush attachment on and just vaccuum her!

Since i don't have stains, do you recommend a dust buster? I'm not that good at cleaning and have no clue on effective methods.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #34
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I have one of those! It doesn't work on pug fur. They are like little needles that burrow themselves into the fabric and won't let go. If i pick her up and am wearing a black shirt, i have to bust out the vacuum and vacuum myself. Heck there are times when I vaccuum, I stick the brush attachment on and just vaccuum her!

Since i don't have stains, do you recommend a dust buster? I'm not that good at cleaning and have no clue on effective methods.
A dust buster to vacuum? If so not really. It would be ok for a quick clean up but I can't see it doing much for dog hair. We used big vacuums and still had a tough time with dog hair.

BTW those brushes work just not on 100% of car fabrics. Some just hold the hair. An Toyota Corolla with cloth interior (around 2000-2002 model year) was great for dog hair. You could use a rubber glove and wipe the fabric and remove most of the hair before using the vacuum.

What kind of car do you have?

We have used that brush, rubber gloves, tape, carpet brush to remove hair. All were used along with a vacuum. If you want to remove 100% of the dog hair in your car just jump in front of a Greyhound bus. It will be less painful. If you like pain, use a strong vacuum, a brush or tape (what ever works for you) then when you have done that for hours grab a pair of tweezers and go at the rest.

Once your done that take a vacuum that can be also used to blow are and blow out under your seats. After that you come back on here and tell me what an ass I am for not telling you to do that BEFORE the other steps because you just blew hidden hair all over your car. Even though you just vacuumed under your seats.

We had a car and we were sure we had most of the hair up from the car and we cleaned everywhere. After extracting we put in our high speed carpet air dryer that blows air at a high speed. We when to check on the car it was covered in hair again. We flipped. LOL. Even if we blew it out first we would still get something that will come up.

Dog hair + car interior = pain in the ass

If you live in a small place and don't have room for a good shop vac or just don't want to buy one, then you need to make friends with someone that does have one. Or use the coin op ones at the car wash. You could also use your house vac because some of these are pretty strong. My house vac isn't one of them.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 03-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #35
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
BTW those brushes work just not on 100% of car fabrics. Some just hold the hair. An Toyota Corolla with cloth interior (around 2000-2002 model year) was great for dog hair. You could use a rubber glove and wipe the fabric and remove most of the hair before using the vacuum.
LOL! I have a 94 corolla. I should just cover my pug in duct tape sticky side up and have her roll around in the car.

My mom has a 2002 corolla, with a beige interior, can't see any pug fur in her car!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #36
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
LOL! I have a 94 corolla. I should just cover my pug in duct tape sticky side up and have her roll around in the car.

My mom has a 2002 corolla, with a beige interior, can't see any pug fur in her car!
Your moms car should be ok to remove the dog hair from. Yours like you said is harder. Your mothers is simple with golden retriever hair.

That sounds like a good idea with the with the pug. Once the hair is gone from the car remove the tape and replace it with new tape sticky side down and keep it all at the source.

James