Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #31
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
that's fine but another scenario works like this:

I left a backup on my voicemail (if y'all haven't figured it out yet, I travel alot for my job). They'll call my backup and they'll say that they will wait until I come back but just "wanted to be sure he got the message"

by the way, when you get my voicemail, it means I'm busy because I'm either on the phone or on a freakin' plane. You want to chase your tail all day, by all means. I'll be getting other stuff done in the meantime.

Here's my scenario. I'm salaried and I work for the government. I get paid today regardless. You don't want to answer your phone, you might have lost out on some serious $$$.

Which is fine by me. But, if your company is sooo busy that they don't have enough people to handle the customers. Then it's time to hire more people, or the customers will go elsewhere.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #32
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
if your company is sooo busy that they don't have enough people to handle the customers. Then it's time to hire more people, or the customers will go elsewhere.
how can you ever think that there should be people sitting around just waiting for a call to come in?

Quote:
Here's my scenario. I'm salaried and I work for the government.
ohhhhhhhh, that's how.

And you wonder why phone centers are outsourced to other countries

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Here's my scenario. I'm salaried and I work for the government. I get paid today regardless. You don't want to answer your phone, you might have lost out on some serious $$$.

Which is fine by me. But, if your company is sooo busy that they don't have enough people to handle the customers. Then it's time to hire more people, or the customers will go elsewhere.
To be honest, I'd rather lose your business than have you stalk me. Or, to take up that entitled attitude on my track... if you will behave that way on the phone, how can I expect that you won't behave that way in person?

Though, I learned this past weekend it is rude to tell someone they're rude - did you know that??

You know she's in HR - right? Like people aren't stalking her already - they want what she has, a job.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #34
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
To be honest, I'd rather lose your business than have you stalk me. Or, to take up that entitled attitude on my track... if you will behave that way on the phone, how can I expect that you won't behave that way in person?

Though, I learned this past weekend it is rude to tell someone they're rude - did you know that??

You know she's in HR - right? Like people aren't stalking her already - they want what she has, a job.
I'll say it again, I do business with people. Not machines. You can think it's rude and stalkerish, but to be honest. If she's not near the phone, she won't hear it ring. If she is near it, pick it up.

If you have enough business that you'd prefer to lose some of it over not answering the phone, then have at it. Just remember the worst customer service is no customer service.

And it's nothing against her. Don't think I'm singling her out. I do the exact same thing with everybody. If we make plans and you're not answering, I'll put the thing down and keep hitting redial. Annoyance is a two way street.

And finally, ask 1 millions people what they hate most about the phone.. I bet you the answer would be automated responses and talking to machines.

Maybe you all have it drilled into your heads that you're too important to pick up the phone. But, ultimately the majority of us dick around here all day, so I know that's BS.

Edit, If she's working in HR. She has desperate people calling her looking for work. No wonder they'd call several times. If it came down to food and shelter, I'd sit outside her office and knock on the door every ten minutes if I thought it would get me what I needed.

Last edited by Tmall; 05-04-2009 at 04:02 PM..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #35
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

RE: Voicemail Messages - SIT Tones FTMFW!
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #36
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaTree View Post
RE: Voicemail Messages - SIT Tones FTMFW!
Josh, can you translate that wiki page into English for dumb people? I don't get it.

Quote:
Edit, If she's working in HR. She has desperate people calling her looking for work. No wonder they'd call several times. If it came down to food and shelter, I'd sit outside her office and knock on the door every ten minutes if I thought it would get me what I needed.
Yeah....I'm a popular girl these days.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #37
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

If you want to be helped, call in the morning. No answer, call again in an hour or so, leave a voicemail if no answer. If no response by mid afternoon, try again.

Many people are not around the phone a lot during their day to day business. You leave a voicemail, you have a 50/50 chance of them calling you back (provided you leave them YOUR number). If you rely on them being by the phone when you call... well... your odds are limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #38
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Josh, can you translate that wiki page into English for dumb people? I don't get it.
Special Information Tones are the beeps you hear when the public phone system / network does something "bad" (i.e. not complete a call). The tones are usually recognized by autodialers. If you're being bombarded by automated calls, you can usually get them to go away by playing a SIT at the very beginning of your voicemail message. I go even further to try and emulate the monotone and cadence of the announcement voice that tells you "... All circuits are busy. Please try your call again later..." or any other such fuck-off-the-phone-system-ate-itself message. Some humans never listen to the message, and hang up and don't call back when they hear the tones - even if its followed by a fairly "normal" voicemail message. I'd bet that the IC SIT is the most effective. Or so I've been told...
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #39
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaTree View Post
Special Information Tones are the beeps you hear when the public phone system / network does something "bad" (i.e. not complete a call). The tones are usually recognized by autodialers. If you're being bombarded by automated calls, you can usually get them to go away by playing a SIT at the very beginning of your voicemail message. I go even further to try and emulate the monotone and cadence of the announcement voice that tells you "... All circuits are busy. Please try your call again later..." or any other such fuck-off-the-phone-system-ate-itself message. Some humans never listen to the message, and hang up and don't call back when they hear the tones - even if its followed by a fairly "normal" voicemail message. I'd bet that the IC SIT is the most effective. Or so I've been told...
Ahhhhh....I get it!

If I could get away with that, I totally would. We talked about having a fax machine noise play on my personal voicemail....this might be even more fun!
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #40
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
And it's nothing against her. Don't think I'm singling her out. I do the exact same thing with everybody. If we make plans and you're not answering, I'll put the thing down and keep hitting redial. Annoyance is a two way street.
You have entirely too much time on your hands - or have an odd sense of self importance. If I make plans with someone and they don't answer - one of a few things happen... I call - they don't answer, I leave a message and/or send a text/email. If they don't respond they're on their own and I go about my life. Then, depending on the end result, I might not ever make plans with them again. If it's a close friend or out of character I would worry...

If it's a business - I call and leave a message and will probably follow up by email. Welcome to the 21st Century in that more business is actually accomplished electronically than face-to-face. Most businesses prefer it - most management prefers it - they have a trail of what was wanted versus accomplished.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote