Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-31-2009, 12:24 AM   #31
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

I have never heard of anyone pulling a carpet to check for stains. check that you had the carpet cleaned or you did it yourself, sure but not pulling it up. I worked building maintenance for a while, when people moved out I would go in and check things over, fixed/repaired what I found but never was asked to pull a carpet up. now these apartments didn't cost anywhere near the 900 you were willing to pay for that other one (don't know what your rent is either) but some of the houses were probably in the 700 to 800 range. it was a fairly small town though.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:12 AM   #32
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

turned in the keys tonight at the drop box. I am exhausted. I figured moving a little at a time over the course of a few days would be easier but the multiple trips to storage and the new place killed me. Mostly it was the loading and unloading everyday since Thursday.

I really don't have much and had downsized a lot, especially my wardrobe a couple of years back when i moved here to vegas. The big stuff was easy but all the little things, like the kitchen, clothes and misc things made it super tedious. Half my stuff is going to Goodwill. I am going to downsize some more so next time i move it would be easier. I really don't hoard stuff, but even with my decreasing wardrobe, i wear the same things 10% of my clothes over and over again anyway.

Next time i am going to pack everything and just Uhaul it over in one shot.

I have my walk through tomorrow so i'll update on what they say!

Last edited by Tsunami; 06-01-2009 at 04:16 AM..
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #33
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Good Luck!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #34
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Walk through successful! The maintenance supervisor said that the carpet looked really good but he can still smell the pee. When i started scrubbing and using the chemicals it seemed to release or activate the smell. Even when they cleaned it, all the liquid seemed to make it smell worse because i didnt smell it before i started messing with it. I thought maybe it was because the carpet was still drying so i left the windows open all night.

He lifted that one area, and checked the back too and said it looked good, he'll just have the carpet people come back and put some granules on it to neutralize the odor which my cleaning fee "should" take care of. So no new carpet for me and looks like i should be getting my deposits all back! I guess it also helps that i always talk to him when i see him. We bonded one day when he saw me tinkering with the bike outside and talked to me for like an hour Prior to that he never said a word to me even when i used to wave to him everytime i see him.

He went down the checklist but everything looked good even down to the paint since George the other maintenance guy has been touching up my apt on sundays since he is the only one there on sundays and is bored so he comes and hangs out. He also gave me pointers on what to do so i dont' get dinged. I saw him before i left today and told him that all is good and he was so happy like we had bucked the system together
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote