Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Racing without the funds to pay for a bad crash is kinda on the same path, a little different cause it's legal and you are doing it around paramedics and such. It's not like you guys went on the net to pass around the hat and get local businesses involved like some of these benefit rides though. It was mostly from your group, you didn't get shirts made up for it or something similar.
Racing without survival funds is pretty much an every day thing for many racers. Almost all of the guys I know who race would be very set back if a serious crash occured.
I guess the reason I would be willing to pony up a little for them is because, we as fans and pit crew and "instigators" are there watching them and encouraging them to do it. When things go well we are there cheering and bashing along with them. talking trash about next time whatever. We are in essence a part of it. When things go bad you feeel impacted and almost guilty. Would they race if we weren't there? Of course.

Funny I went home last night and on the way stopped to get gas. There on the counter was a donation box for a biker. Young kid's pic said had a bad wreck needs help with meds etc. I thought of this thread and almost felt compelled to drop some coin in the box. Only problem was I know a little bit of the circumstance in the crash, too young, too much bike, too fast etc. Walked out, without dropping the coin. I may soften as time goes on, after all it is a small town. Every one in our town knows I was the guy who moved in with that yellow rocket looking thingy right? (you'd think they'd realize I have something different now) In small townise I should be first to pony up because i rode one of those too. maybe later..........
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote