Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #61
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Im guessing bad waitresses are a product of the people who use that list as a starting point for service, and drive the servers crazy.

Hey, Tmall, think we should bring this list to Toz? Maybe they can post it the kitchen?
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #62
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
and why is that?
I am not saying serving is the world's toughest job, its very simple actually. I just think people that have been in those busy situations where you can't please everyone, will have a better understanding of their own food service in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think it has made me more critical on servers as I know what it takes to do the job and it ISN'T that difficult.
I agree with you. Fucking up simple things when the place is dead slow and you are the only customer is inexcusable. Making small mistakes when the place is super busy and the server might be covering more than their own section, isn't a big deal but some people have 0 tolerance for that. When I go to eat, I expect an accurate order, friendliness and drink refills. Much like Apoc, unless the person was outright rude I tip well.

My experience is sort of unique in the since that I work in a small 70 year old Roadhouse with a small grill and seats for 90 people, which are covered by only two servers. We are usually full most of the morning as we are a breakfast only place and the wait time averages 30 minutes for one of our 3 meals. The tourists however forget they are in the middle of no where Alaska and expect fast food which is annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Bringing me my food makes you subservient.
If a customer service job makes me subservient, than what the fuck is signing a contract and joining any armed force? Way more subservient?

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #63
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
I am not saying serving is the world's toughest job, its very simple actually. I just think people that have been in those busy situations where you can't please everyone, will have a better understanding of their own food service in the future.
Its hard for me! I can't remember who ordered what, who sits where etc. I have small hands and its hard for me to bring out a bunch of food too, not to mention a bad back so standing and being on my feet turns into excruciating pain afterwards. but i was always really nice to food service people and I am really not demanding at all. As long as my food comes out and i dont have to wait forever for my bill and I get refills, I'm happy. And i'm a pretty good tipper and always end up chatting with the waitstaff. I do have more appreciation though now that I have had a week of waitressing experience

but then again there are jobs i had that most people hate and i found it really easy...yes you can't please everyone, but thats life, not just in food service, but I get what you are saying.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #64
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
That can be said of anyone who has worked in a customer service capacity. I worked at Toronto International Airport (I refuse to call it Pearson Airport) for 5 years, in the parking lot, in various capacities. As a parking attendant I got called "white trash" because I wouldn't let a minority businessman park his car in one of the only 6 handicapped spaces in the whole lot. I got pushed by cars when people were impatient. As a cashier people lied about how large a bill they handed me to pay for parking. As the assistant supervisor I had to calm down customers who were clearly in the wrong, without telling them to their faces that they were wrong.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #65
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
That can be said of anyone who has worked in a customer service capacity.
I can see what your saying. After serving tourists in a breakfast joint and working as a cashier at Wal-mart in college, I can't stand most people. Working in an airport in any fashion simply scares me though. Any of the people jobs at a large airport must be awful.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote