Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #21
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

I got a "Verbal Warning" the other day for missing 69% of the year that I could have worked. My HR director was adament about the number, even after I asked how many hours before vacations, holidays and personal time(she insisted was not included in the numbers...). The total hours I worked without all of the allowed time was over 2400 hours, I informed her, there are only 2040 hours in a 52 week, 40 hours a week year. She said if I argued any more it was escallating to a write up...I said, "go ahead, write me for working 400 hours of overtime...I dare you!"

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
I got a "Verbal Warning" the other day for missing 69% of the year that I could have worked. My HR director was adament about the number, even after I asked how many hours before vacations, holidays and personal time(she insisted was not included in the numbers...). The total hours I worked without all of the allowed time was over 2400 hours, I informed her, there are only 2040 hours in a 52 week, 40 hours a week year. She said if I argued any more it was escallating to a write up...I said, "go ahead, write me for working 400 hours of overtime...I dare you!"
They need to justify their existance, HR people hate me at the hospital because I call them out all the time.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #23
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
you know supposedly i work with educated people. today they activated our alarm system. we are only supposed to come and go through certain doors.

the damn alarm is going off right now for the 6th time today. apparently each person thinks they have the special touch to open an alarmed door without it going off. i'm beginning to think they have another type of specialness. the short bus must be coming to take them to lunch soon.
Sneaking out for a smoke?

Ugh- here's another one for ya. I was on my home from my gf's place tonight. Almost home, and some bonehead is out walking around the nastiest, most slippery corner in the town. So I don't want to hit his dumb ass, or let somebody else do it, and I give him a lift. Turns out the reject is walking 5+ miles in the snow and 20 degrees from a bar to a booty call. I took him a couple miles the other side of my house and set him walking again.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #24
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

What type of door is it? I found that the door I like to smoke outside of at work wont sound the alarm if I put a magnet on it
Old 02-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

no smoking allowed out there at all. they are just doing it to see if the alarm will sound again. i swear they are three year olds.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #26
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

The sad and pathetic part... their bar is REALLY low for "gold digger" status. I mean, REALLY low....
yeah but cubic zirconias (whatever they are called)are so much bigger then diamonds........
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote