Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-08-2009, 04:45 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Friend of mine's husband is in Iraq now as a private contractor. But he spent his whole life from 18 (40 now) in the military until he got a nice offer from a private contractor. Once Obama took office they moved people all around and he got demoted to take a $3600 a month paycut and then got shipped to the most dangerous base in Iraq.

Only reason I could see an anti-military president like Obama trying to get more people in the military is to have them raking leaves in some national forest and to say he grew jobs.

Hey I'm just as willing to rake leaves for my country as I am willing to kill for it. I just hope everything works out and I get the chance to serve again.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #12
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Thought you had a bum ass knee, or back or something. You did your time. They'll find someone to fill in the gaps.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

what are you the new Rambo? Tigger... Your country Needs you!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
what are you the new Rambo? Tigger... Your country Needs you!

haha yeah right! Like I said,I believe that this is to be a training position for me. I don't have any details as of yet,they're being pretty closed mouthed contingent on my ability to pass all of the requirements. We'll see what the next couple weeks bring.

To Dlit,yea I got injured but that only keeps me out of Airborne,not out of the Army. I can't have jump status but I should still be able to wear my wings...I guess that'll have to do. Between losing my jump status and my cheating wife,I made the mistake of getting out in the first place,maybe it's time I unfucked that dog. Anyway,we'll see what happens. I hope that I didn't over-hype this in any way,as I said,I'm going in under a reserve status and I'm not being issued a M24 or anything...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #15
Rider
Moto GP Star

Don't do it man.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
haha yeah right! Like I said,I believe that this is to be a training position for me. I don't have any details as of yet,they're being pretty closed mouthed contingent on my ability to pass all of the requirements. We'll see what the next couple weeks bring.

To Dlit,yea I got injured but that only keeps me out of Airborne,not out of the Army. I can't have jump status but I should still be able to wear my wings...I guess that'll have to do. Between losing my jump status and my cheating wife,I made the mistake of getting out in the first place,maybe it's time I unfucked that dog. Anyway,we'll see what happens. I hope that I didn't over-hype this in any way,as I said,I'm going in under a reserve status and I'm not being issued a M24 or anything...
"Unfuck" is a term I need to start using more.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #17
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

If that's what you want to do then go for it.

Congrats on being given the chance.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
I'm not being issued a M24 or anything...
Missing Kate, are you?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Missing Kate, are you?
Not to start the "E-Penis" thing again but there was a time I could guarantee a "kill shot" at 800m. Believe it or not. Anyway,as hard as it is to believe for some people,I really believe in this country and what it stands for and I'm honestly willing to kill as many of "them" as it takes to prove it! Or in this case,train as many of ours to kill as many of theirs as possible! I've actually thought about this a bit behind all the arguments about weapons here and I guess it boils down to the fact that I don't wish to kill Americans,no matter how low,if I can help it. Or I'm just "skurred"

Anyway,thanks for the well wishes,I honestly appreciate it. Hopefully,I can get through all the PAPERWORK,"hurry up and wait",and "dog and pony" show antics the military can't seem to do without!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Not to start the "E-Penis" thing again but there was a time I could guarantee a "kill shot" at 800m. Believe it or not. Anyway,as hard as it is to believe for some people,I really believe in this country and what it stands for and I'm honestly willing to kill as many of "them" as it takes to prove it! Or in this case,train as many of ours to kill as many of theirs as possible! I've actually thought about this a bit behind all the arguments about weapons here and I guess it boils down to the fact that I don't wish to kill Americans,no matter how low,if I can help it. Or I'm just "skurred"

Anyway,thanks for the well wishes,I honestly appreciate it. Hopefully,I can get through all the PAPERWORK,"hurry up and wait",and "dog and pony" show antics the military can't seem to do without!
Those are killer skills, man. (no pun intended)
I have no intention of reviving that other discussion. Your choices for how you do or do not interact with firearms in your civilian life are your own.
I honestly hope the military can put your skills to good use again.