Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Guess Who May Be Re-Enlisting?

Long story short,I got a call from my step mom that the Army is looking for me. Hmmmm... So I call the number and they refer me to a local recruiter. I call him and had a meeting with him. It seems that my Uncle Sam isn't quite done with me yet. I would be going in under a "reserve" status and doing some "specialized training". It's all up in the air right now,since the military doesn't know if it is coming or going with this new administration yet. If they need me I'll be there! Hell,maybe I'll meet up with Cutty in Kosovo!!! Heck,to be honest I thought I was too old to go back in but apparently the cut off is 42 but they take away the years you served from your age,so I qualify!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Long story short,I got a call from my step mom that the Army is looking for me. Hmmmm... So I call the number and they refer me to a local recruiter. I call him and had a meeting with him. It seems that my Uncle Sam isn't quite done with me yet. I would be going in under a "reserve" status and doing some "specialized training". It's all up in the air right now,since the military doesn't know if it is coming or going with this new administration yet. If they need me I'll be there! Hell,maybe I'll meet up with Cutty in Kosovo!!! Heck,to be honest I thought I was too old to go back in but apparently the cut off is 42 but they take away the years you served from your age,so I qualify!
that's mixed feelings there.

last I heard Prez said he was going to increase the size of the military. I'm past that now I'm 43 and been out almost 20 years. they wouldn't want me back although right now it would be a paycheck.

you get a promotion going back in don't you? in Desert Storm the people brought back were promoted one grade if I remember right.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Awesome. I doubt you'll be going to Kosovo though. If they want you back its really only for one place. Unless you really believe the President is actually pulling out of Iraq.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

It's that damn Bush war machine at work again... Wait he's not president anymore?

Oh. I mean Obama just wants you in there to help spread peace around the world.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
that's mixed feelings there.

last I heard Prez said he was going to increase the size of the military. I'm past that now I'm 43 and been out almost 20 years. they wouldn't want me back although right now it would be a paycheck.

you get a promotion going back in don't you? in Desert Storm the people brought back were promoted one grade if I remember right.
Don't know yet but it was mentioned. BTW I'm 43 and served 10 so my re-enlistment age is 33. If you served 4 years you should qualify for the reserve.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Awesome. I doubt you'll be going to Kosovo though. If they want you back its really only for one place. Unless you really believe the President is actually pulling out of Iraq.
Despite my "pacifistic" tendencies I welcome the chance to go back believe it or not. I guess I'm very complicated but when I'm out,I'm out. When I'm in,I'm all in. This is NOT a jab at you but I don't want to play "Citizen Soldier" when I'm not in the military but if (and it's unlikely) I got sent back to the shit hole,I'd really only have a couple choices of missions,if you know my back ground then you know what those are. Most likely I'll be training others to go do the job. My guess is a job at Ft. Bragg. yet... shit I still have to pass the physical and the uh oh,psych evaluations,along with getting a security clearance,so we'll see.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Don't know yet but it was mentioned. BTW I'm 43 and served 10 so my re-enlistment age is 33. If you served 4 years you should qualify for the reserve.
fuck off

thanks, just what I wanted to hear.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Best o' luck there Tigger.

W/ this new administration, who knows WTF will happen.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Good luck to ya man!

As far as Obama wanting to grow the military, he's going about it the wrong way.
Reenlistment bonuses cut
Sign on bonuses cut
Full time positions cut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Good luck to ya man!

As far as Obama wanting to grow the military, he's going about it the wrong way.
Reenlistment bonuses cut
Sign on bonuses cut
Full time positions cut...
Friend of mine's husband is in Iraq now as a private contractor. But he spent his whole life from 18 (40 now) in the military until he got a nice offer from a private contractor. Once Obama took office they moved people all around and he got demoted to take a $3600 a month paycut and then got shipped to the most dangerous base in Iraq.

Only reason I could see an anti-military president like Obama trying to get more people in the military is to have them raking leaves in some national forest and to say he grew jobs.