Old 03-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #33
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
So how much WOULD you sell her for?...
LOL depends on the time of month! make me an offer! LOL

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #34
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
um...who joins for $$$?
sadly to many people. Theres nothing wrong with getting the money for signing up, in my opinion they have earned it. However, you gotta understand and accept what you have signed up for. My wife's cousin signed up so she could go to school for free and when she got called over she bitched and complained for months about the fact that she had to go! Another girl I know knew she was probably gonna get called over so she hurried up and got pregnant so she didn't have to go. I respect anyone who signs up just do it for the right reasons. Or at least understand and accept what COULD happen when you sign up.

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

42 is the new cutoff now? Is that for everyone, or do new enlistees have a younger cutoff than re-enlistees?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
42 is the new cutoff now? Is that for everyone, or do new enlistees have a younger cutoff than re-enlistees?

Yea the way it works is they take your age and subtract your previous enlistment years. If you are just coming in then I guess that it would be 42,
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostz28 View Post
sadly to many people. Theres nothing wrong with getting the money for signing up, in my opinion they have earned it. However, you gotta understand and accept what you have signed up for. My wife's cousin signed up so she could go to school for free and when she got called over she bitched and complained for months about the fact that she had to go! Another girl I know knew she was probably gonna get called over so she hurried up and got pregnant so she didn't have to go. I respect anyone who signs up just do it for the right reasons. Or at least understand and accept what COULD happen when you sign up.

tell me about it! me and the recruiter had a convo about that very subject. He's amazed and frankly,somewhat disgusted with the recent influx of new recruits now that Obama has become President. They all think that he's gonna pull all the troops home and they can get their college money without fear of having to defend this country!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #38
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Personally... I could care less WHY you join... for the money... for the education... to get out of the life you're in... cause you like the uniforms... what ever...

but fucking do the job and don't bitch when shit is an inconvienence to you. yes the military sucks some times... civilian life sucks sometimes too... but regardless of which you think is better... you've signed a fucking contract... be a fuck'n man/woman... and fufill your agreement.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Personally... I could care less WHY you join... for the money... for the education... to get out of the life you're in... cause you like the uniforms... what ever...

but fucking do the job and don't bitch when shit is an inconvienence to you. yes the military sucks some times... civilian life sucks sometimes too... but regardless of which you think is better... you've signed a fucking contract... be a fuck'n man/woman... and fufill your agreement.
Exactly!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #40
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I don't think they've changed the cutoff for enlisting. As a new enlistment you have to join before your 27th (? might be 28) birthday to go active duty. To join the Reserves you have to enlist before your 35th bday.

Now, for prior service, they can bring you back anytime at any age they want if they have a need for you and your skills. They were pulling senior NCO's (50yo or so) back into the Marine Corps from retirement when I was in Kuwait in 02 because they had a shortage of them.

Tigger, good luck with it man. If they called me up today I'd give it some real serious thought too, especially if I could do active tours. Wouldn't want to do straight reserves again, at least with my old unit unless it's changed a lot.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote