Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default Lambo= Italian cop car = smashed

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...ce-lamborghini

When the Italian police unveiled their state-of-the-art Lamborghini patrol cars, they cannot have been short of volunteers itching to take the supercars in pursuit of speeding criminals.

A team of elite drivers was trained to chase down speeding motorists and deliver urgently-needed transplant organs in the futuristic vehicles, capable of reaching more than 200mph.

What they apparently were not prepared for was a distracted motorist who pulled out of a petrol station without looking.

Today, a bandaged and bruised police driver may have had a tough time explaining how he managed to write off one of the force's prized Lamborghinis when he rammed it so hard into a line of parked cars that one of the stationary vehicles ended up on the police car's roof.

According to the police, the crash was caused by the driver of a slow-moving Seat Ibiza who emerged without looking from a service station, clipping the Lamborghini and sending the vehicle swerving into the parked cars.

The front end of the Lamborghini was crushed in the accident, near Cremona, and the driver and a passenger were injured, although not seriously.

The Lamborghini Gallardo, worth £130,000 and capable of reaching 62mph in four seconds, was one of a pair donated by the Italian manufacturer to the police to do battle on Italy's roads, where 1 million motorists are injured annually and 4,731 died last year.

Both cars include transmitters to send images back to HQ, a defibrillator for accidents and a fridge for transporting donor organs. The two officers were returning from a convention in Cremona, where they had been addressed a student audience on road safety.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

"According to the police, the crash was caused by the driver of a slow-moving Seat Ibiza who emerged without looking from a service station, clipping the Lamborghini and sending the vehicle swerving into the parked cars."

Glad I'm not that driver.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

bet he'll never pull out without looking again.

dumbass

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

You cannot fault the driver if he pulled out when the Lambo was doing a buck 60. It is very hard to judge speed when vehicles are traveling at a high rate of speed. Besides, why do you need to spend 150k on a Lambo to catch speeders? Seems stupid IMO.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

No kidding, a high-ish end muscle car would have been fine at quarter the cost.

But, they were donated by lambo.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You cannot fault the driver if he pulled out when the Lambo was doing a buck 60. It is very hard to judge speed when vehicles are traveling at a high rate of speed. Besides, why do you need to spend 150k on a Lambo to catch speeders? Seems stupid IMO.
I may have missed it - where did it say they were doing a buck sixty?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Also, how can the driver "judge" speed when he/she wasnt here it comes looking?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Quote:
...Today, a bandaged and bruised police driver may have had a tough time explaining how he managed to write off one of the force's prized Lamborghinis when he rammed it so hard into a line of parked cars that one of the stationary vehicles ended up on the police car's roof....
Oh I don't know...."rammed so hard into a line of care that one ended up on the roof"? He was going fast...is all I'm sayin..

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Oh I don't know...."rammed so hard into a line of care that one ended up on the roof"? He was going fast...is all I'm sayin..
That vehicle on the roof is a car which is higher than the front end of the lambo from the looks of it. So picking it up wouldnt be so hard.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Maybe he wasn't going 'a buck 60' but he was speeding evidently and you're are right...it's hard to judge time/distance when someone is speeding down the road. We all should know that from owning sportbikes.

Also as stated...the car was donated so no one spent 150k.

There's a local PD that has a black unmarked Z06 Vette that people say they don't need a car that cost $75k or so but is was confiscated during a drug raid so he11 I'd rock it too if I was an officer.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote