Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Default Ping 101lifts / Apoc / gym rats

so i started to get real serious about diet, and wanted to run past you what i have started to set use as a daily.

overview.
i am a little o/w, but always packed on bulky muscle easily, been in the gym for about 14 years. the last year + i have been shifting away from strength training to cutting (higher reps). After doing some research i noticed that alot of people that have had success in really loosing weight and getting strong, have done it in that order specifically. So at this point I am ready to sacrifice my current size to lose the weight, and then bulk again when i am skinny.

I have an annoying neck injury that is taking it's time to heal, so i am going easier in the gym. when it feels like normal, i will do my first run with p90X.

for now, i do 20 mins of HIIT, followed by higher rep sets of usually 2 muscle groups, 5x a week, and swim laps once a week.

but back to the main reason of the post, the diet, and your opinion. I ran a quick tally and this is what i get:

Total cals
egg whites 75.00
egg 90.00
1/2 cup oj 50.00

1 cup yogurt 200.00
1/2 cup oatmeal 150.00
blueberries 35.00

granola bar 140.00

salad 40.00
almonds 26.67
6 oz chicken 165.00
dressing 75.00

almonds 80.00

banana 121.00

1cup milk 90.00
1 scoop P 100.00

salad 40.00
almonds 26.67
6 oz chicken 165.00
dressing 75.00

tbsp natty PB 94.00

So far it has been about a week and this diet combined with the workouts, I am seeing results.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

I have been doing p90x for a couple of years off and on.. it is an amazing workout.. i always do a p90x workout and then do my normal workout.. works well for me..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Ditch the 1/2 cup of OJ and replace it with milk. OJ is pure sugar you don't need. 1800 cals seems pretty low. Unless you are going to a super high protein diet you will lose a ton of muscle quickly. That's ok if you plan to bulk back up again but if you want to keep it, add more protein. Other than that, your plan looks good.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
AquaPython
put it THIS way

well this morning i added another skim milk + scoop of protein, that would put me at 2030 or so.

the OJ is literally the size of a tall shot glass, and it is the expensive pure natural fresh squeezed stuff
Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

A good diet I just learned about is HGC: http://hcgdietinfo.com/HCG_Diet_Simeons_Manuscript.htm

A few people I know of have done this diet with success. It takes 100% dedication. You can not deviate 1%.

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
well this morning i added another skim milk + scoop of protein, that would put me at 2030 or so.

the OJ is literally the size of a tall shot glass, and it is the expensive pure natural fresh squeezed stuff
The bad thing about OJ is that it is so damn concentrated. They put the sugar of about 20 oranges in one serving of OJ. Eat an orange if you like oranges but stay away from OJ. It's horrible for you.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The bad thing about OJ is that it is so damn concentrated. They put the sugar of about 20 oranges in one serving of OJ. Eat an orange if you like oranges but stay away from OJ. It's horrible for you.
i understand Oranges naturally have alot of sugar and it shouldn't be on the diet, but how do you mean? if it is not concentrate, but basically nothing but squeezed juice, no sugar added?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i understand Oranges naturally have alot of sugar and it shouldn't be on the diet, but how do you mean? if it is not concentrate, but basically nothing but squeezed juice, no sugar added?
How much juice do you get out of 1 orange? Not much. So how many oranges are you getting in 1 serving of juice?. I'm not saying they add sugar, but what you are getting is a concentrated dose where water is removed to increase to sugar content of 20 oranges in one glass.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
How much juice do you get out of 1 orange? Not much. So how many oranges are you getting in 1 serving of juice?. I'm not saying they add sugar, but what you are getting is a concentrated dose where water is removed to increase to sugar content of 20 oranges in one glass.
This. If you want an orange, eat an orange. Eating whole foods instead of juices really goes a long way in keeping you satisfied. This is especially important while operating on a caloric deficit.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #10
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

I'd skip the almonds followed by the banana that are in the afternoon/evening area. I wouldn't eat a fat followed by something with sugar.

I'd try to add a little more protein to the yogurt/oatmeal snack and add one in the last peanut butter one as well.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote