Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Cool Canoeing

I don't get to do this as much as I would like to much like riding and many other things. But I really like to get some family and friends together and go canoeing. We use a canoe livery where you park & pay at the downstream location, load up on a bus and they run you upstream where you load and launch the canoe and off you go.

So here's the bus...

I tell ya, its wierd riding "the cheese" again and all seems so much smaller than when you were a kid.

The canoes, alum or for $5 more you get a fiberglass.

And this is late in the season for us, but the colors are starting to set in... would be nice to do it in about 2 more weeks but not sure about the weather... today was nice and about 75

The Dan's came out with their old pooch Max

Natron Bomb and his wife

Natron's brother in the back and our step brother Ray starting out early drinking

I had my other bro in law, Swade (13) as my canoe mate

The other step brother Rick and his family coming out to enjoy.

Everybody besides Natron&wife&bro, myself, and the dan's were rookies... never been canoeing before...

Of coarse Swade wanted to try to fish...

Oh the fun...

We were constantly assembling what we called the "drunk barge" so we could pass beer or "sippy cup" beverages.

And of coarse there are some baller ass houses along the river that are nice to look at and think "what the fuck do they do for a living".

Definately not being Natron is what they are doing

And there are kayakers or as we like to call them "motor boaters" cause they usually go so fast. And this picture was just epic "going off into the distance"

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

And as I said, Ray and Matt (Natron bro) were drinking... as you can tell!!! And by now its only like noon

So they get bumped by my canoe as we were constantly doing to everybody... Matt stands up, and basically Ray jumps out like a leapfrog, then matt goes too... luckily their gear didn't come out but the rest of us were laughin our asses off...

But we continue on... every once and a while you get a little rush and just have to have some fun...

And the drunkards

YEA

OH NO

Stuck... DUMBASSES

We find some drifting "motor boaters" and they tag along for a ride for awhile and we chat... just everybody enjoying the fresh air, gorgous weather and the river... especially since we all know what is coming

Coherting with the "others"

Yeah... we're lame.. but make the best of it

Even a 13 year old fingured out how cool it was... he didn't want the day to end just like the rest of us.

As I said, we all realize that its stuff like this that is what we charish and enjoy. Its connecting with nature and hanging out. Its about enjoying the simple things...

But as all things must come to an end, so did the trip. It always ends in the same place but nothing more fitting to remind us we're in Michigan and welcoming us back to our dreaded reality... michigan construction

Hope you enjoyed the pics, but I'm sure not as much as I did taking them and being out there. Now, tomry I get to ride... not bad for a weekend with no wifey!!!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Looks like lots of fun.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

I was wondering what happened to the wife then there was mention at the end. Does look like a great time and definitely something Id love to do.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

That is always so much fun. Why do the fiberglass canoes look so much longer than the aluminum ones?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
jetskifast
Kneedragger

Moto: BMW F650GS BMW K1200S

Gas, looks like great day. Why so few life jackets?
jetskifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

looks like a lot of fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

Float trips are the greatest. Here in MO there are about 200000 rivers in the south part of the state with a bunch of canoe rental/camping places. They have started patrolling them pretty hard watching for people who are overly drunk, minors drinking, and drugs.

BTW captain, there are 2 sets of them if you look closely. I always opt for aluminum canoes, they are tougher.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I love canoeing and kayaking. I do it when I can. I'm wanting to get a decent White Water kayak and some good roll lessons. I can roll but have trouble in currents and can't always do it consistantly.

Here is some video of me on a local fun river. Which this river is a floating party where anything goes. It's like River Gone Wild sometimes with women flashing (Just not the day I brought my camera out damnit!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QoVMOoAtdg

I hope to do the Okefenokee Swamp/Altahama river next spring (Maybe even a winter run).
Old 10-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

we go tubing down the river around here... always have to have an extra tube to carry the cooler!

great pics, how come you left your pup home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote