Moto: 05 1Krr
Default Ultimate Fighter

Who's following it this season? Thoughts? Besides thinking Junie is a douchebag
speedylocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

It's been kind of a dull season, and I think half of that is from Mir having the personality of a door knob and Nogs just being unintelligble. The other half is these fuckhead fighters who seem more focused on being on tv than being quality fighters. At this point, I've lost interest in who wins. And as dull as this season has been, the bullshit gimmick of USA vs Europe for next season with completely super overrated waste of space Michael Bispbing is sounding even less appealing. I'd rather they cut the shit and just air more free live events.

In related news, the WEC event was pretty damn entertaining tonight. Miguel Torres is a fucking animal. I don't give a shit if he is only 135lbs, that motherfucker is better than most of the UFC lightweights and even some of teh welterweights.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
speedylocksmith
Much better off!!

Since I was out tonight, I TIVOd it and just watched both episodes from tonight. I'll sleep very well knowing Junie had to tap and was made to look like an asshole!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #4
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedylocksmith View Post
Since I was out tonight, I TIVOd it and just watched both episodes from tonight. I'll sleep very well knowing Junie had to tap and was made to look like an asshole!
Take all the shit that happens on that show with a grain of salt. Junie is now training with Couture's team and is supposedly clean and sober. I have absolutely 100% no doubt in my mind that he'll show up on a fight card sometime soon.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 12-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
speedylocksmith
Much better off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Take all the shit that happens on that show with a grain of salt. Junie is now training with Couture's team and is supposedly clean and sober. I have absolutely 100% no doubt in my mind that he'll show up on a fight card sometime soon.
of course he will because he'll get ratings. I understand it's t.v. but he is seriously fucked in the head.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #6
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedylocksmith View Post
of course he will because he'll get ratings. I understand it's t.v. but he is seriously fucked in the head.
He's got issues (that may or may not be solved), but I think they played up a decent amount of it in editing. They need someone to be a huge heel so that they can pull more ratings, but it's getting shitty. It's gone from a show about finding the next actual quality fighter to manufactured drama and morons who wash out. At this rate, I give it a handful more seasons before they just pull the plug.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

I was glad to see that fucktard tap. I tivo the show so I don't have to watch all the reality bulllshit - I can forward to the fights.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I just can't watch the show anymore. As for Bisping, I lost a lot of respect for him after the Hamill fight. He lost that fight and they gave it to him. You could tell he knew he got beat, but instead of being the bigger man and showing respect for Matt Hamill, he talked shit and has continued to do so. He's a good fighter and I still like him, but not very much.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #9
Corey
AMA Supersport

Bisping has an impressive record from fighting clods. It seems like the UFC has been very careful to build him up so that they have a fighter that they can market to the UK audience to grow the business overseas. On that account, he's succeeded quite well. He's one of the most popular fighters in the UK market and pulls respectable interest in the rest of Europe. But if you look at the people he's fought, they're mostly middle of the road people. Where are the fights against actual contenders? He wants a shot at Silva, but where's his victory over Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Yushin Okami, or Nate Marquart, just to name a few who are actual contenders? He's fought none of them, yet somehow thinks he should get a shot at Silva? I'm not buying it. He beat Leben, and that's a start, but Leben's always been a gateway fighter for middleweight, but that shouldn't buy him a shot at the title. He's, at best fifth in line, regardless of what his record may indicate.

Last edited by Corey; 12-04-2008 at 12:48 PM..