Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R
Default P90X - Workout program

Anyone ever done this before?

A friend has the DVD's and said she'd give them to me.

Since I can't seem to bring myself to run outside this winter (seriously -25 right now and that's just too damn cold for me!) I wanted to try something indoors.

I've ordered some Jillian Michaels DVD's but thought I'd give this a try too.

Know anyone who as done it? Experiences?
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Pm BICH on here, he's doing that program now

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

My friend Debbie does it and is ADDICTED to it. Seriously. LOOOOOOVES it. And she has a killer body, so obviously it works.

FJRchick bought it and loaned it to me some time ago, but I'm too terrified to try it yet. There's a pre-cursor program called Slim in 6 (it's a 6 week long program) that is also good, but not nearly as intensive.

From what Debbie says about P90X, you've got to ALREADY be pretty athletic/in good shape before attempting P90X - it's not for couch potatoes to suddenly get in shape. It's for people who're already in shape to refine and get in even more ripped shape. It's about an hour a day, and it DOES hurt, but again, the results make it worth it. Also, the sheer variety of types of workouts (there's 12 DVD's, plus a "watch this first" intro) keeps you from getting bored with it.

If you like, I can PM you her email address (she's a member here -- R1chica -- but never posts) so you can ask her more specifics.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

I have a buddy in Colorado who is doing it and the changes are pretty dramatic. He had really let himself go and he's relatively buff now. I was considering doing it but I think it requires stuff that's too hard on my knees but I might check it out anyway.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Flexin
AMA Supersport

My wife and I did it for about a month. The Christmas and working all night plowing screwed us up. But we are going to get back into it. We love it. It is an hour a night. One night is just over an hour. You should give it a try.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I downloaded it... Torrents rule.

It's already been said, but it's not for people who are out of shape. From what I understand if you aren't already in good shape, you should start with another program (like the precursor - Power 90). I passed the physical fitness test for P90X readily, but then started browsing through the different videos and realized there's no way could keep up with a lot of the workouts.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Flexin
AMA Supersport

If you are completely out of shape it will destroy you. But I don't feel that you have to be in shape to do it. If you want to keep up with them 100% you do. Tony even tells you to set your goals and try to reach them. The first week I had to stop for a sec then continue on with the workout. After the third or forth ab ripper I do pretty good. I kept up with them on most of the exercises.

If Kell runs every day she will be fine. I was impressed with the program. There are three of use in my family that are doing it. My soon to be brother in law started at the same time and didn't stop so he has been doing it for about 8 weeks straight. You can tell he lost weight and he said he is getting stronger. He loves it.

James
Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
Flexin
AMA Supersport

BTW if you do it make sure you take pictures even if they are just for yourself. You will see a difference. I took pictures of Lisa and I and forgot to show her. I was saying we were out of shape and she didn't believe me. After a few weeks I was loading pictures on the computer from the memory card and found the pictures. I forgot to show her. I took pictures of her that night and showed her the side by side. First of all she was impressed by the change in only a few weeks. And she also couldn't believe how she looked before.

James
Old 01-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I've never heard of it but interested. I just googled it and looking into it now. Do you have to have weights or are there variations of the workout without weights, etc.?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I've never heard of it but interested. I just googled it and looking into it now. Do you have to have weights or are there variations of the workout without weights, etc.?
You can use weights or exercise bands. You also need a chin up bar. I bought one that rest against the door frame.

I bought Lisa a set of power blocks and I want to get a set for myself when I have the money.

James