Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default WTH, no death penalty!

if any such couple deserved it'd be them........

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6230596.html

just heart breaking.

Quote:
Jurors hear mom tell of Baby Grace's death
'We need to break her,' she says husband told her before 2-year-old's fatal ordeal
By HARVEY RICE
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 27, 2009, 11:58PM

The length of her torture was one of the gruesome details in the death of Riley, known as Baby Grace until she was identified, that jurors heard Tuesday during the first day of her mother’s capital murder trial.

The description of the girl’s fatal beating and how her body was stuffed into a plastic box and tossed into the sea was revealed in a voluntary videotaped statement that the girl’s mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, gave to Galveston County sheriff’s investigators Nov. 23, 2007.

Several members of the five-man, seven-woman jury wiped away tears as a sobbing Trenor told investigators how her daughter looked at her during the beating and said, “I love you.”

Her husband, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 25, told Trenor that her daughter was merely trying to manipulate her. So the beating continued.

In the tape, Trenor told investigators that Zeigler had stayed home from work on July 25, 2007, to make sure that Trenor punished Riley by whipping her with a belt as he ordered.

“He said, ‘We need to break her,’ ” Trenor said.

Zeigler wanted to teach Riley to say “please” when asking for something and “yes, sir” and “yes, ma’am” when spoken to, as well as correct other behavior that displeased him, Trenor said.

The session began in Riley’s bedroom, where Zeigler beat the child and shoved her face into her pillow, Trenor said. But most of the punishment took place in the family room, she said.

Mother admits helping
Zeigler beat Riley with a thin black belt while screaming at her but switched to a thicker belt that caused more pain, she said.

At Zeigler’s request, Trenor said, she filled the bathtub with cold water.

Zeigler dragged Riley into the bathroom, sometimes by the hair, and held her head under water every time she screamed, she said.

Zeigler hurled Riley onto the tile floor at least three times, once so hard that Trenor said she heard a loud crack.

When Riley tried to run away, he hooked the belt around her neck and dragged her back, Trenor said.

“It seemed like it went on and on and, no matter what she said, she was going to get slapped with a belt,” the girl’s mother told investigators.

She added that Zeigler at one point bit Riley on her right hand.

Trenor admitted that she also beat her daughter after Zeigler urged her to do so. “At some point, I was using the belt,” she said.

‘She kept falling’
Finally Riley, black and blue from the beating, was unable to stand when ordered to do so. “She didn’t have control of her legs,” Trenor said.

“He was holding her and trying to get her to stand and she kept falling,” Trenor said.

Riley had trouble chewing and swallowing Tylenol that Zeigler had given her and he realized something was wrong.

Trenor wanted to phone 911. “He said, ‘No, we can’t do that. We’ll go to jail,’” she said.

“There came a point that she’s not breathing ... he started doing CPR,” Trenor said. “He just handed her to me, and I could just feel her going cold.”

Zeigler wrapped Riley’s body in a purple towel and put her in the bathtub. After purchasing a blue plastic box at Wal-Mart, Zeigler washed Riley’s body with bleach and poured some down her throat, Trenor said.

The body was stuffed in three plastic bags and placed in the box, kept for at least a month in the backyard storage shed, she said.

After an attempt to bury the body at night failed, the next day Trenor drove onto the railroad bridge next to the Galveston Causeway and Zeigler tossed it into the sea, she said.

Zeigler panicked when the box floated away, saying he should have drilled holes so it would sink, she said.

The fisherman who discovered the body on an island in West Galveston Bay is expected to testify this morning.

Zeigler’s attorney, Neal Davis III, does not accept Trenor’s version of events.

Zeigler’s capital murder trial has not been scheduled.

No death penalty sought
District Attorney Kurt Sistrunk decided not to seek the death penalty because of a state appeals court decision saying that the death penalty isn’t appropriate in cases involving parents accused of killing their children.

During opening statements, the prosecution portrayed Trenor as a willing participant in the death who knew or should have known that the beating could lead to Riley’s death.

The defense said that neither Trenor nor Zeigler intended or foresaw that Riley would die.

The point is crucial because prosecutors must prove that the couple either intended to kill Riley or should have known that their actions would lead to her death if they are to convince the jury to convict her of capital murder.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by the chi; 01-28-2009 at 09:23 AM..
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

the death penalty is too good for that crime. both of em in general population and circulate flyers to the inmates informing them of the arrival of each. and instructions to make their punishment as tormentful as humanly possible.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

"District Attorney Kurt Sistrunk decided not to seek the death penalty because of a state appeals court decision saying that the death penalty isn’t appropriate in cases involving parents accused of killing their children."

What the hell. I'd think it is especially appropriate. Some people do not deserve the air they breathe.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

The death penalty is appropriate in cases in which the accused is at serious risk of re-offending, which isn't the case in the majority of murders. If it's a parent who has killed his or her own child, who can create more new victims, then I would tend to think that it is particularly appropriate.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I can't think of anything horrible enough to do to these people off the top of my head. It's astounding to me that this kind of evil walks around and nobody can tell.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

It said the prosecution has to prove intent to murder too. The testimony by the mom would make it hard to prove intent to murder, just extreme child abuse that led to death.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

extreme child abuse is worthy of murder as well. the kid was TWO years old, hell that in itself makes it worthy of execution on the spot to me. had the kid been 15 and able to fight back, it wouldnt be quite as bad but I'd still SERIOUSLY frown on it.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

I have a 16 month old daughter. Reading this made me sick.

Send those parents to my house. They would receive the same treatment they showed their little girl.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
Katana-750_lady
Umm... hi

Moto: Used to be F4i

There's a special place in hell for people like that ... I think they should die the same way they killed that baby. Beat to death and tortured!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
extreme child abuse is worthy of murder as well. the kid was TWO years old, hell that in itself makes it worthy of execution on the spot to me. had the kid been 15 and able to fight back, it wouldnt be quite as bad but I'd still SERIOUSLY frown on it.
I agree, but stated in the article intent to murder has to be proven to allow execution and that doesn't appear to be so in this case. The prosecution appears to know they can't prove intent, so they aren't seeking it. It sucks but that's the law of the state.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote