Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default Its odd...

when the doctor comes and looks at your leg a few days after skin grafts, and the leg is a kind of greenish color, and he says 'Damn, that looks really good, its healing well'.

Apparently the medicated strips they put over the grafts turn the skin green temporarily. All of my grafts took and are beginning to heal, tomorrow I have to put my leg in a medicated whirlpool bath for 30 minutes in the morning, and again friday. Circulation is good. No permanent damage, and ill be home at the earliest friday, at the latest monday!

Is was really encouraging to find out its healing correctly, considering ive been pretty much kept in the dark for 4 days about it (they couldnt take off the bandages for 96 hours after the surgery).

As of now, he put me off work, on compensation, for 4 more months. But did say that between august 1st-15th I should be able to ride the Harley and play Golf all I want. I wont be able to work cuz I wont be able to wear a boot, and they want it 100% healed before its exposed to the toxic environment in a refinery. Thats not so bad, my bills are paid through my insurance, and i'll get 620$ clear/week, non taxable from compensation, plus any expenses the injury may cost me (Travelling, anything I bought while in the hospital, special fitted shoes for walking in, any costs associated with the injury in any way).

So its still going to be a shitty summer for a while, but there is absolutely zero financial stress, which is good. And august, september, and october are going to be packed with as much motorcycling and golf as I can. Then I should be 100% for snowmobile season.

Anyway, theres the latest update for anyone who is interested.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
when the doctor comes and looks at your leg a few days after skin grafts, and the leg is a kind of greenish color, and he says 'Damn, that looks really good, its healing well'.

Apparently the medicated strips they put over the grafts turn the skin green temporarily. All of my grafts took and are beginning to heal, tomorrow I have to put my leg in a medicated whirlpool bath for 30 minutes in the morning, and again friday. Circulation is good. No permanent damage, and ill be home at the earliest friday, at the latest monday!

Is was really encouraging to find out its healing correctly, considering ive been pretty much kept in the dark for 4 days about it (they couldnt take off the bandages for 96 hours after the surgery).

As of now, he put me off work, on compensation, for 4 more months. But did say that between august 1st-15th I should be able to ride the Harley and play Golf all I want. I wont be able to work cuz I wont be able to wear a boot, and they want it 100% healed before its exposed to the toxic environment in a refinery. Thats not so bad, my bills are paid through my insurance, and i'll get 620$ clear/week, non taxable from compensation, plus any expenses the injury may cost me (Travelling, anything I bought while in the hospital, special fitted shoes for walking in, any costs associated with the injury in any way).

So its still going to be a shitty summer for a while, but there is absolutely zero financial stress, which is good. And august, september, and october are going to be packed with as much motorcycling and golf as I can. Then I should be 100% for snowmobile season.

Anyway, theres the latest update for anyone who is interested.
Okay here's the $100 question... where did they take the graft from? Mine was on my ass/thigh area, OUCH!!! Glad you're okay and that you have some gravy time coming out of the deal!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Sounds good, Clary.
The downtime won't be that bad.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
Apoc

skins from the left thigh.. kinda burns now, but not bad, hurt like a bitch when they first grated her off.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
skins from the left thigh.. kinda burns now, but not bad, hurt like a bitch when they first grated her off.
That's where mine came from too.
I don't remember getting mine, but at least you have the benefit of better medical tech than I had in the 70's.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Did they make a nice rectangle? They put mine high so it doesn't show when wearing shorts. Hair doesn't grow there anymore either, weird...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
That's where mine came from too.
I don't remember getting mine, but at least you have the benefit of better medical tech than I had in the 70's.
Mine's from the mid 90s and I don't remember it being green either...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Good to hear that your doing well.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Did they make a nice rectangle? They put mine high so it doesn't show when wearing shorts. Hair doesn't grow there anymore either, weird...
Yup, but it s a big triangle, starts pretty high, goes to about 3" above the knee. Shouldnt be a problem.

He told me that a lot of hair on my leg will never grow back again.

Tonights nurse is HOT HOT HOT. And she's wearing sexy little black undies under her skin tight white scrubs. She's in her mid 30's and shes always dressed ohhhhhhhhhh so sexxxxy. Yum. She bends over a lot too.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yup, but it s a big triangle, starts pretty high, goes to about 3" above the knee. Shouldnt be a problem.

He told me that a lot of hair on my leg will never grow back again.

Tonights nurse is HOT HOT HOT. And she's wearing sexy little black undies under her skin tight white scrubs. She's in her mid 30's and shes always dressed ohhhhhhhhhh so sexxxxy. Yum. She bends over a lot too.
Pictures damn it!!! Of the nurse...

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote