Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #41
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I don't think they've changed the cutoff for enlisting. As a new enlistment you have to join before your 27th (? might be 28) birthday to go active duty. To join the Reserves you have to enlist before your 35th bday.

Now, for prior service, they can bring you back anytime at any age they want if they have a need for you and your skills. They were pulling senior NCO's (50yo or so) back into the Marine Corps from retirement when I was in Kuwait in 02 because they had a shortage of them.

Tigger, good luck with it man. If they called me up today I'd give it some real serious thought too, especially if I could do active tours. Wouldn't want to do straight reserves again, at least with my old unit unless it's changed a lot.

Thanks Bro! Heck,the whole thing has already yielded a spectacular kind of fruit! The Recruiter is friends with the Sheriff here and saw that I had MP experience on my DD Form 214 and asked me if I would be interested in working in the County Detention center, Apparently,quite a few of the officers there are also reservists! They work 12 on/12 off shifts for only 14 days a month. The pay is good,the work is a LOT easier than what I do now and there is room for advancement as they plan to hire almost 50 more people in July and quite a few of the existing officers are getting into retirement age. I go in Mon to take the physical aptitude test. If I pass that, it should be smooth sailing!!! Boy things are really looking up!!! I may go from not knowing what the fuck,I was going to do to serving both my country and my community in one huge stroke!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote